stable space

85 Night Elf Druid
Hunters need more stable space with all the increase pets to be tamed we need more stable space to put them.....
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Mage
Wrong forum. It's not a bug.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
All these shiny new pets to pick up, and I'm out of space for them. I had to abandon my orange core hound and one of my moths to make room for just one new striped devilsaur and a triceratops...

Maybe a stable addition to the farm once you own it? Would be hilarious to see all your pets roaming free...

Please? (has cinder kitten give big sad eyes)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I love the idea of a stable addition to the farm.

I don't want to have to get rid of any of my current pets. But I really love some of the new models, and want to be able to tame on of those, without making a new hunter. Even if we have to pay for an additional "page" of slots, we do need this.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I love the idea of a stable addition to the farm.

I don't want to have to get rid of any of my current pets. But I really love some of the new models, and want to be able to tame on of those, without making a new hunter. Even if we have to pay for an additional "page" of slots, we do need this.

I wouldn't mind paying for it, but honestly I'd rather have something like a questline. Even if it cost gold, it feels like more of an accomplishment. Especially if it resulted in being able to see my pets frolicking on the open field next to the farm... I've got all the spirit beasts up to Cataclysm, all the ghost tigers, and a 'kaiju collection', Gojira the devilsaur, Ghidorah the hydra, the fire turtle from Hyjal for Gamera, and Mothran for the obvious. :P (I SO want to tame a skyscreamer now...) I don't want to give any of them up, but there are new ones I want too and I have a bad case of gotsnospace.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
03/12/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Kemonojin
Maybe a stable addition to the farm once you own it? Would be hilarious to see all your pets roaming free...

I think you just started a new movement. stablepetsroamingthefarm.org
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
One of my favorite things on my hunter is Stampede. I love throwing a full mosh pit at something, and I even do it when I'm alone (hit a critter with it) sometimes just to see the group. I'm sure that 29 pets (Or more? Please?) running around in one place would be way crowded, but a few random ones would be nifty.
Edited by Kemonojin on 3/19/2013 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I just abandoned a rare spawn to get another rare spawn. When is blizzard going to allow us more pets. What i enjoy most on wow is collecting rarespawns and to abandon one is heartbreaking. WOW please fix this asap
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
i agree with this as well. having to drop old pets that have been loyal since day one is heart-breaking to say the least. also, i wouldn't mind seeing some of my stabled pets randomly spawned roaming the farms too. great idea. =]
Reply Quote
I agree, we need more space for out pets. I mean--the spirit beasts alone take most of the slots that we currently have. Now, I'm even willing to pay for them if blizz decide to add more slots. 1k for 5 slot or 1k per 1 slot... I'll gladly pay for it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I completely support this idea, more slots for hunter pets would be awesome.
I don't want to have to give up any of my babies.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
A wolf could chase / eat the chickens, a t-rex could eat a sheep (Don't tell Chee Chee)... almost all of my pets are rare spawns of one sort or another, aside from my oldest one, Tyrantus from Netherstorm, tamed as soon as I hit 71 (back when you had to level the pets yourself), and Mothran who I just recently got. I had to abandon my purple and orange wasp (Sapphire hive queen) and now I can't get her again... Please give us more pet slots...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I had to abandon my purple and orange wasp (Sapphire hive queen) and now I can't get her again

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/silithidwaspbossskin.html

You're welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I had to abandon some pets in order to make space for new ones. But then again, I was the one who had two to three different cats, wolves, arcane serpents, etc.

I abandoned Savage and kept Sambas, I even abandoned Skarr :<

I had all of the spirit beasts, now I just have Loque, Skoll, and Arcturis.

I kept the green maggot worm since he's not tameable anymore. I also have Bombyx because I just like the color scheme of that pet.

I had all four colors of the arcane serpents, but I decided to just keep Acroniss.

I kept my black transparent Worg from Tirisfal.

And the list goes on of all the pets I abandoned just to make room.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
In wrath i had 5 pets, 4 spirit beasts and 1 wolf for raiding. Ok, i eventually ditched one or two for something else (devilasaur i think, monstrous bite to three stacks plus BW and he looked like he could eat marrow gar), and i went on a taming spree when cata came out (come on, who didn't) eventually i evened my list out for the best pet buffs, and then gave up a few for utility reasons. That said, I can't quite remember what my first pet was, think back then i was struggling to get gold for more than the first spare stable slot and was doing some fairly stupid stuff trying to train pets (joined late cata, hit 55 right as i got wrath and tried a DK right away, yea, i think my first pet was timber but not quite sure). Id love more room, but i have heard an odd theory about stables that i feel like sharing.

Stables are currently coded as a special class only bag, have been since vanilla, somewhere along the lines of the back pack that blizz cant seem to improve or make upgradeable. While they managed to increase the pet limit, the stables still act like bags. Another part of the theory is that the biggest size a bag can be is 36, which is why the profession bags didn't get bigger this expansion. These coding issues, tied to the bag size and back pack coding issue, make it difficult for them to make major changes in size with out breaking the game. Im not sure whether our 5 active pets are in a special part of the stable bag or what, but if the limit is 36, and we can currently have 25 pets, we don't have much room to expand the pet lists. also, changing that code is difficult to do, or they would have upgraded the back pack sooner.

Then their is the data size issue, the theory of players having to have coding in there account for stables and pet limits as if every character they make is a hunter, most of it not active until they make the Hunter that needs it, and that increasing the stable limit means increasing the data storage requirement exponentially.

Then theres the slippery slop theory, and I'm not talking bout that one

And the chooses matter theory, which blizz seems to back rather aggressively, (considering the argument the have for increasing stable size in cata was so that they could get away with changing the pet abilities so there was non longer an absolute best pet, and to give hunter pet families meaning still, they supposedly got tired of only seeing a specific model of cat, or only seeing wolves from what i hear) their argument for such short stables was that their was an absolute best for certain situations and if you were mathy enough (or had a good internet guide handy) you would use the best pet.

Ok the data size theory is also a slippery slope theory from my point of view, but there is some sense to it, unless theres a cap on how many of a class you can make, excluding 1 dk per server.
Edited by Eurugan on 3/19/2013 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/19/2013 03:24 AMPosted by Leorina
I had to abandon my purple and orange wasp (Sapphire hive queen) and now I can't get her again

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/silithidwaspbossskin.html

You're welcome.

Squee! Now, if only I had somewhere to put her...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Ok, it's been a couple of weeks, rather than start a new thread...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Check the HTC thread, on the ptr hunters have 50 stable slots. continuing the thread right now is rather pointless.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Really? Cool. I dunno what an HTC thread is. Don't really read the forums. So, never mind. :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I just want to thank Blizz for giving us additional Stable space. I'd given up on my Hunter first night back on 4 new pets 2 Rares that I'd wanted but unwilling to surrender 'friends'.

Thank you for listening Blizz thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]