Champions of the thunder king and scumbags

100 Troll Mage
Points of note, so everyone is aware:

#1:
For some reason, the coding for the NPCs is abhorrent and even if you start the event with your own stones, others can steal the tag. At that point you're just !@#$ out of luck.

#2:
This happened tonight to my group. Obviously no discipline can come from this, unfortunately, but at least I can help everyone be aware that you need to be careful of things like this.

To the %^-*!@#s from wanted ted or alive that screwed us...

Thanks.

I wish I could name names... but unfortunately... yeah.

inb4 "How did you let them steal the tag"

Ans: None of us were expecting it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

For some reason, the coding for the NPCs is abhorrent and even if you start the event with your own stones, others can steal the tag. At that point you're just !@#$ out of luck.

I understand that not everyone wants to / can keep up with the new information regarding every patch but the new "tapped to faction" system has been implemented across the board to Rares, World Bosses and Quest mobs. This means that quest mobs are not automatically tapped, maybe they should be but I think underlying code is limited in that respect otherwise you probably couldn't have non-party members assist you and get credit. However, I'm really surprised that in the crazy hectic environment that is the Thunder Isle, you were careless enough and so slow to allow the op-for to tap the mob you had control over when it would be summoned and not get the tap. Since every other mob of this type works this way, or at the very least every mob that isn't tapped does you should always tap stuff ASAP (this has always been the case in WoW). On a PvP server you would have just killed an Op-for team before summoning your mob. On PvE you just need to be a little more on the ball and make sure the mob which you know when is going to pop up will get the first instant ability you and your group have in your arsenal.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you either send in-game or post in the dungeon's and raid forum a well written constructive feedback post on why you believe Quest mobs that are summoned via the stones should be automatically tapped.

I'm sorry you lost your stones, but I hope that with the tapped to faction system you can tag along with other hordies and get some stones from Rare-spawns or pick them up in chests and get your summon again.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Hey bud, I'm on that quest and have the stones. If you wanna get a group together later, hit me up.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Heh. Trit said he had the stones to help you out.

I'm still missing one stone but when I grab it, if you hadn't already gotten it with Trit, I'll hit ya up.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
03/13/2013 03:44 AMPosted by Taheraliel
I understand that not everyone wants to / can keep up with the new information regarding every patch but the new "tapped to faction" system has been implemented across the board to Rares, World Bosses and Quest mobs.

I am very aware of the game's mechanics. Thanks for the input.

you were careless enough and so slow to allow the op-for to tap the mob you had control over when it would be summoned and not get the tap

inb4 "How did you let them steal the tag"

Ans: None of us were expecting it.

There was no one around when we started the summon, then all of a sudden, multiple alliance members were there aoe'ing the spawn point. So yeah, saying we were careless and slow is neither accurate, nor merited. Unlucky? Perhaps. They weren't even my stones, I just wanted to point this out.

I guess I'm just surprised that they wouldn't automatically tag something summoned with items that have very limited capacity to obtain. I assumed it would be, which was probably a poor thought on my part. If I wanted to fight for tags, I'd still be playing on a PVP server.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
What comes around goes around. Be the same scumbag and do it back. Don't give me this "I have class, I won't do that". Eye for an Eye I say!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
What comes around goes around. Be the same scumbag and do it back. Don't give me this "I have class, I won't do that". Eye for an Eye I say!

Also,

I do not support this message.

(Or do I?)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]