How to tell if someone has a healing addon

90 Draenei Paladin
I am just wondering if there is anyway to tell if someone within your raid has a healing addon? Is there an addon for this or is there just no way and just to rely on the faith of the healer telling you they are using it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
There are some checks for specific ones. You can also ask for a screen shot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I am just wondering if there is anyway to tell if someone within your raid has a healing addon? Is there an addon for this or is there just no way and just to rely on the faith of the healer telling you they are using it.

healing addons aren't necessary? one good way to tell is if they never dispell, cuz that probably means they're staring at the hovering nameplates and don't have wow's raid frames active
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You can dispel with decursive which is not a healing addon. Elethia the ss is a good idea. I just want to be able to check. : / Just looking to see if there was a healing addon
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Specifically because there is a person in our raid who I think would drastically improve from using a healing addon. I just wanted to know if I would be able to check with an addon. If anyone knows of an addon please let me know.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I want to know what you consider a healing addon. Anything that aids in healing can be considered one—and those include anything from boss mods to decursive to Vuhdo/Grid/etc.
Edited by Elethia on 3/14/2013 8:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sorry let me be more specific. I would be looking for something like "big brother addon" that checks for everyone's flasks and food buff but something specific to checking for use of a healing addon. By healing addons I mean: vuhdo/grid/clique/healbot (anything that allows you to heal without targeting). Not addons like decursive. Thanks for all the help guys.
Edited by Sollestia on 3/14/2013 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why do you care if someone has a healing addon? If someone's healing well, no bigs. Only reason to bug someone about their addons is if they're not doing well, and even then, addons aren't the only culprit there.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
03/14/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Sollestia
(anything that allows you to heal without targeting)

Mouseover macros!
I use Grid+Mouseover macros, I prefer Grid or Vuhdo because it allows for high amounts of configuration, but if the issue is just a matter of reaction speed due to having to target players, mouseover macros will do the job just fine.

I'm not aware of addons that check for Vuhdo/Grid/Healbot/whatever because there are so many ways someone can heal. A lot of people will do something like ElvUI+Clique/Mouseovers, too.

Also I agree with Heartsings. An addon isn't going to be a replacement for skill, it's just a helpful assistant.
Edited by Swaggle on 3/14/2013 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If you're concerned about the performance of one of your healers, you should discuss what it is they're currently doing. Talk them through a few situations, ask what they do and how they do it and why, and get some understanding of where problems might arise. Once you know that, you can look into addons as a potential aid.

Just forcing an addon on your healer is quick and easy. That is to say, mostly useless and you'll just piss him off.

Actually solving some problems takes time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Stop trying to be sneaky about it and tell him his healing is garbage and to step it up or gtfo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Healing addons are not necessary to heal well. So I'm curious as to why you want to know.
I raided through all of Cataclysm without a healing addon and only recently switched to VuhDo to make my UI pretty. Thats right, I'm one of those, I don't even use it for spells, I just use it to make my UI pretty.

However, I did notice, on my search for a pretty raid frame, that healbot allows you to share your 'skins' with other players that also have healbot, and it will have their names in a list on the tab to share with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Addons aren't going to magically make a bad player good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Why don't you just ask the person what addon they use?

You to other healer: "Hey I was wondering what addon you use for healing?"
other healer: "I use x addon" or "I don't use any addon"

Then you could go on to maybe talk about how they use the addon and might even give them some tips if you know anything about it. Be honest, if they are not doing as well as you think they should then maybe they actually NEED some advice and might take it well.

If they turn out to NOT be using an addon, then you can help them out by telling them about healing addons and explaining how it will make healing a lot more efficient and gives you an easy way to manage the raid.

All you have to do is use tact and remember you're trying to help the person, not talk down to or put them down. Should be pretty easy. If they get insulted or angry it would most likely only be because they know they suck. A good teammate will always take advice if it's good for the team.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Addons aren't going to magically make a bad player good.

But there are some days I wish it were that easy for some people I know.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Ok, so obviously the answer is no. There is no addon to that lets you know if someone has a healing addon. Whilst I realize that healing addons are not needed or necessary.

Here is the story behind by question: Firstly,our sever in general has problems finding tanks and healers. While we have worked with this healer for many months...many many months. They are still not hitting their number potential. And its been very disappointing.

When we first recruited the healer I was under the impression that they did use a healing addon. I was surprised to find out, recently, that this healer was not using an addon. I am very open and communicative with all my healers. I have been telling this healer what to do and asked multiple times if they needed help or had questions to ask me. I feel that a healing addon(grid/healbot/clique) would help this particular healer because they tend to have a problem with targeting and...it seems like keep track of HoTs. I am never rude or even super forceful. I ask them to try out a healing addon (more than just one) and let me know how it goes. If the healing doesn't improve I simply understand its not (addons) for everyone.

But for that healer to just not even try is really frustrating. Especially in a ten man raid environment its putting the raid at a great disadvantage.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
What class is this healer? And what numbers are you trying to see? Is the raid wiping, or are they just not putting out big enough numbers for you?

When it comes to some fights, not all healers are made equal, and some will outshine others depending on the situation.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The healer is a druid. Her gear level is 498. There is a shaman in 497 gear and myself in 497. Her numbers are 10-20% lower than ours. We used to have the same healer combination but that druid always did way more numbers than us. He used to be apart of our main healer team but had to be made backup due to going to get his master's. His number were always above or tied with ours (shaman and myself). O.o

I also wanted to thank everyone for the constructive feedback. :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10% isn't a big deal. I really isn't. If you look at raidbots, paladins are, on average, doing over 10% better than druids this tier in 10 man content. Also, check the weapon. Weapons don't bump ilvl much, but they bump output a ton.

The fact that your shaman is keeping up while you are 3 healing content that can be 2 healed potentially (in a little better gear mind you)... that's not right. He should be getting very little benefit from mastery, while overheal in general should be such that IH totally dominates the fights.

Go get Grand Charms from the isle. Run HoFp2 LFR over and over until you run out of Charms to bonus roll for the LFR-t14chest. If 10% output difference from your druid bothers you, then 10% output loss due to not having this set bonus on your own character should infuriate you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10% isn't a big deal. I really isn't. If you look at raidbots, paladins are, on average, doing over 10% better than druids this tier in 10 man content. Also, check the weapon. Weapons don't bump ilvl much, but they bump output a ton.

The fact that your shaman is keeping up while you are 3 healing content that can be 2 healed potentially (in a little better gear mind you)... that's not right. He should be getting very little benefit from mastery, while overheal in general should be such that IH totally dominates the fights.

Go get Grand Charms from the isle. Run HoFp2 LFR over and over until you run out of Charms to bonus roll for the LFR-t14chest. If 10% output difference from your druid bothers you, then 10% output loss due to not having this set bonus on your own character should infuriate you.

I have rolled for that chest in LFR and in normals for months. Just never gotten it. Luck of the draw I suppose?

Also when I say 10%-20% I mean HPS. And usually its more on the 20%.

If I am doing 60K hps and the shaman is doing 58K. The drood usually does about 30-40K (depending)...o.O this is normal? Maybe our old drood was just amazing?

Edit: also as a note the shaman and myself 2-heal most of the fights in old content. Atm: we are working on ToT so we're using all three healers for now.
Edited by Sollestia on 3/15/2013 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]