How to tell if someone has a healing addon

90 Night Elf Druid
I think the point here is the person in question clicks on a target, then clicks on the heal on their hotbar, an addon to eliminate the targeting step will increase healing period, you save time.

She also has stated she refuses to try addons that allow to her heal someone without targeting. Says she can't/won't try to learn something new. If she says shes actually using one as we made it clear her numbers can and would go up by eliminating this step, we are just looking for a way to make sure aside from forcing screenshots etc. It has become clear the person may lie about it just to avoid trying something new.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I wouldn't say it's normal, per se. What can often happen, with druids in particular, is you're sniping heals on people before the HoTs can do the healing. Your previous druid may have been more of a direct healer, using a glyphed Regrowth, Swiftmend, maybe a Nourish, etc., whereas the current is using Wild Growth and Rejuv all over the place, instead. A 10-20% difference could definitely be attributed to that.

Frankly, if bosses are dying, then bosses are dying. I haven't seen you say you've been having trouble in that regard, just that the numbers aren't what you want them to be, and you can't really hold a druid to those standards. The better y'all get, gearwise, the worse it's going to look for her, simply because you'll be dumping the big heals and the HoTs just won't have anything to do.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The drop rates in LFR, and using Charms in t14 content got super buffed (like 50% chance now), so don't give up!

New druid is probably weaker by the sound of it. A 30% drop contrasted to a shaman who has the same healing requirements (people have to not be at 100% health)... shouldn't happen.

I would check logs if you have them. Look at a few rank 100-150 logs for the fights in question. Then look at your own logs/meters. Look for abilities that do 10+% healing in the strong parse that do much less healing in the new druids parses. Obviously for a druid Rejuv is the filler, so differences there means gear.

They might have the proper mousevoer/clique+raid frame configuration, but lack any Weak Aura's type of addon to REALLY display when key abilities come off CD. Druids are all about maintaining lifebloom, using fairly short CD abilities very often / effectively (WG, swiftmend-efflo, consuming clearcasting... and now this tier... getting almost-free healing burst from mushrooms.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Blizzard default raid frames work OK for druids. Not great, but OK.

Targetting a player, then selecting a heal... that's just too slow for the level of difficulty of the current content (eventually everyone hits their wall!).

Just get her on Clique. That doesn't have all the raid frame configuration that takes up 90% of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Frankly, if bosses are dying, then bosses are dying. I haven't seen you say you've been having trouble in that regard, just that the numbers aren't what you want them to be, and you can't really hold a druid to those standards. The better y'all get, gearwise, the worse it's going to look for her, simply because you'll be dumping the big heals and the HoTs just won't have anything to do.

At the moment, we're on council and the healing is below what I'd like. Personally I think its partly due to healing that we aren't downing the boss. Also she has a higher gear score than both the shammy and myself.

The drop rates in LFR, and using Charms in t14 content got super buffed (like 50% chance now), so don't give up!

Yes,Pikanen. I plan too. :D Thats exactly what I plan to do tonight.

I would check logs if you have them. Look at a few rank 100-150 logs for the fights in question. Then look at your own logs/meters. Look for abilities that do 10+% healing in the strong parse that do much less healing in the new druids parses. Obviously for a druid Rejuv is the filler, so differences there means gear.

They might have the proper mousevoer/clique+raid frame configuration, but lack any Weak Aura's type of addon to REALLY display when key abilities come off CD. Druids are all about maintaining lifebloom, using fairly short CD abilities very often / effectively (WG, swiftmend-efflo, consuming clearcasting... and now this tier... getting almost-free healing burst from mushrooms.

Yes, thats exactly what Ive been doing. I trying to compare her to droods of higher or similar caliber. : / Damnit we need more healers and tanks on my server. >.<

Again, thank you everyone for your speedy response.
Edited by Sollestia on 3/15/2013 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard default raid frames work OK for druids. Not great, but OK.

Targetting a player, then selecting a heal... that's just too slow for the level of difficulty of the current content (eventually everyone hits their wall!).

Just get her on Clique. That doesn't have all the raid frame configuration that takes up 90% of the time.

This is what we have tried to explain to her, atm though she doesn't seem to care, or refuses to accept that eliminating one step will help immensely. As for content, we are stuck on council. Don't seem to have enough healing with cd's to survive through the dpsing of reflect boss before he hits 100% energy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
If healing is falling behind on council you might want to look into the quality of interrupting on Sul.

Just saying, those 165k with 4-5yard splash sand bolts that happen every 2 seconds that are 100% groundable/interruptable... they add up fast.

Having the healing shaman help on interrupt duty can help. You might also want to look into strats that involve killing sul significantly earlier than the other bosses. Basically, you do the bare minimum damge to the active targets to avoid 100% energy channeling, and all extra damage goes into sul. Once Sul dies, raid damage is half of what it was and the fight gets really boring to heal.
Reply Quote
Considering that healing addons are inferior to mouse-over macros I think you're going about this wrong.

The requirement you desire is to know that they can heal without targeting. Healing addons and mouse-overs meet this. What you need is to monitor their target.

You can do this by simply putting their frame somewhere easy tobsee and watching. Fine if a target pops in now and then, or if they are on enemy targets. But if they are targeting group members before every heal that is a problem.

As to why mouseovers are better... no clicking, freeing the mouse for mobility. All heals can be keybound and the player can watch the action more.

And you can put debuffs into nameplates if needed. I still use decursive but yes - it is a click, so I have been examining ways to track this with macros and better nameplates.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
eliminating one step will help immensely

This is your opinion, not fact.

I would suggest, OP, that you have your Shaman go Ele for a few pulls - see what your Druid can really do. If her numbers don't come up, then you know you have a skill problem, and no add-on is really going to fix that. If it is a skill problem, perhaps one of the druids here would run an LFR with your raid team, and help coach her. Hopefully, she'll be receptive.

Also, as Pitkanen said, if your Shaman isn't healing, then perhaps he can be a big help with interrupts, and just pushing the fight faster.

I would also suggest that you step up to every new boss with 2 healers, not 3, and only add the third if it becomes clear that you need it. More dps = you push phases faster, you progress faster, boss dies faster, etc. That's just my opinion, though a great many successful guilds share it.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I found on the first week that I could interrupt Sul fairly often (only the tank was interrupting otherwise - 25M) when we just did the multidot everything strat (because we didn't realize the focus Sul strat was so good yet). While healing. Wind Shear is off the GCD so you can use it right before casted heals, or during Unleashed and Riptide and Totem GCD's.

Grabbing the Conquest gloves as a shaman gives another 5 yards of range on wind shear if that helps him at all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/15/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Askala
Considering that healing addons are inferior to mouse-over macros I think you're going about this wrong.

Aha hahaha....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA...

I'm curious...what exactly do you think healing addons like VuhDo, Clique, and Healbot do?
Edited by Tiriel on 3/15/2013 12:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Also when I say 10%-20% I mean HPS. And usually its more on the 20%.

If I am doing 60K hps and the shaman is doing 58K. The drood usually does about 30-40K (depending)...o.O this is normal? Maybe our old drood was just amazing?

Other healer's affect other healers. For example, if I'm in a group with a disc priest and a holy pally on this one, chances are I'm not going to be healing for much of anything.

It sounds like you are 3 healing content that doesn't need 3 healers.

Another thing: HPS is not dps and shouldn't be measured as such.

HPS depends on a lot of different factors: damage coming in, burst damage, how quick your other healers are at topping others off, absorbs, dispel duty, how long the fight is lasting.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/15/2013 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/15/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Tiriel

Aha hahaha....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA...

I'm curious...what exactly do you think healing addons like VuhDo, Clique, and Healbot do?

ikr?

It is kind of like saying "mouse-over macros are inferior to mouse-over macros"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/15/2013 05:52 AMPosted by Ceresc
I am just wondering if there is anyway to tell if someone within your raid has a healing addon? Is there an addon for this or is there just no way and just to rely on the faith of the healer telling you they are using it.

Healing addons are not necessary to heal well. So I'm curious as to why you want to know.
I raided through all of Cataclysm without a healing addon and only recently switched to VuhDo to make my UI pretty. Thats right, I'm one of those, I don't even use it for spells, I just use it to make my UI pretty.

However, I did notice, on my search for a pretty raid frame, that healbot allows you to share your 'skins' with other players that also have healbot, and it will have their names in a list on the tab to share with.

this.... tried all the other healing addons and rather just use elvui (ui mod)+razer naga mouse (minus the usual dbm, recount, etc)... never had a problem with reaction time
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/15/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Jarshie

Healing addons are not necessary to heal well. So I'm curious as to why you want to know.
I raided through all of Cataclysm without a healing addon and only recently switched to VuhDo to make my UI pretty. Thats right, I'm one of those, I don't even use it for spells, I just use it to make my UI pretty.

However, I did notice, on my search for a pretty raid frame, that healbot allows you to share your 'skins' with other players that also have healbot, and it will have their names in a list on the tab to share with.

this.... tried all the other healing addons and rather just use elvui (ui mod)+razer naga mouse (minus the usual dbm, recount, etc)... never had a problem with reaction time

You may be the exception to the rule but you also haven't even cleared the nerfed normals so I will take your opinion with a grain of salt.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/15/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Belandrel
I think the point here is the person in question clicks on a target, then clicks on the heal on their hotbar, an addon to eliminate the targeting step will increase healing period, you save time.

You don't need any add-ons to skip that step. Mouseover macros combined with keybinds and the default raid frames will do the same thing. Since no add-on is required to do so, it may be something she is more open to trying.

I also agree with the poster who suggested that you should try to two heal and see what happens. With a pally and a shaman (two classes with strong direct heals), it's very possible that her HoTs are getting sniped so she's appearing weaker than she really is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I find it funny that you don't see using a raid replacement frame (ElvUI) + a Naga Mouse (Mouseover Macros) as a healing addon. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]