5. Once - Nightwish
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Pink Floyd: The Dark Side of the Moon
Miles Davis: Kind Of Blue
Keith Jarrett: Nude Ants
Grateful Dead: Europe '72 Remastered
Beethoven: The 9th Symphony, Christopher Hogwood & The Academy of Ancient Music

Tough call, but I'd put Kind Of Blue #1 overall.
Edited by Fleafly on 4/6/2013 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Obviously not what's objectively best or anything but here are my favorites:

1: Katatonia - Brave Murder Day - Not the most virtuosic playing or the heaviest album, but I love the darkness and the bleak atmosphere of this album above all else.
2: Opeth - Blackwater Park - I have a hard time picking my favorite Opeth album, but I don't really dislike any track on this one, plus the title track and Bleak are two of my favorite songs overall.
3: Edge of Sanity - Crimson - In my opinion, the most epic melodic/progressive death metal album/song ever. Yes some parts are repeated over the 40 minutes but it never gets dull to me.
4: Strapping Young Lad - City - At points ridiculously heavy and angry, and the one SYL album that is genuinely dark.
5: Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance - Easily Katatonia's heaviest, while keeping the dark atmosphere that is their signature. "Leaders" is my favorite song overall.

Honorable mentions:
- Megadeth - Rust in Peace - In my opinion, the most overall perfect thrash album ever. Would have definitely made my top 5 if I still listened to thrash at all.
- Death - The Sound of Perseverance - Probably not Death's overall best album, but it's still my favorite of theirs.

I get really into this stuff >_>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]