Upgrade or Replace

90 Human Death Knight
My FPS is at 20 on all low settings, so I want to do a graphics card upgrade but I'm wondering what else I would have to replace out of my current pc to make it optimal. 400$ budget. I want to be able to have frame rate above 30 and actually increase my graphics settings so the game isn't a giant blur...

DxDiag:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, 2600)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, MMX, 3DNow
Memory: 2GB
Direct X: Direct X 9.0c

Chip Type: GEforce 7300 SE/7200 GS
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Drivers:

Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0013.0784
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Adding a decent video card would help in the short term...but your CPU is too old too. You basically need to replace everything...but upgrading the video card would help a lot. You could even get a video card now and get other stuff later if money is an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
What would be a good video card to consider? Just to make it work good and not to expensive?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
200$
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yeah the computer is a slug.. Just tight for cash otherwise I would get a entirely new rig.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You need a new board/cpu/ram/video card, but what I'm wondering is what kind of case and power supply do you have? Is your computer an HP or Dell or etc, and if so what is the model number? If it's a home-built, what make/model is the power supply?

Also you're using windows XP...you could really use Win7 or 8 64-bit. For $400 you can actually do something significant, but I need to know the answers to the above questions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]