Any other good MMOs out/coming out?

85 Goblin Warlock
Im currently on the MoP trial to try and get hooked on WoW again since I have a lot of free time right now, but this game just isn't doing it for me anymore. It was really entertaining for me for a long time, but as of now I need something new.

Are there any good MMOs out there with a decent sized community? Are there any MMOs coming out that look to be promising? Personally I seen Elder Scrolls online and it is looking pretty good, but I'd like to hear about others.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
star citizen will be awesome
www.robertsspaceindustries.com
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I've been playing Tera. It's free to play which is why I went back to check it out. They have like 6 servers and they are loaded with players from what I can see. It may require a more higher end computer to properly operate the game though.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
New MMOs that are coming out: Neverwinter Nights and TESO are looking to be decent fantasy MMOs.

Wild Star looks good, because it's a sci-fi WoW looking thing. :P

As for current MMOs, check out GW2 or Rift. Rift has done some improvements that've helped a lot with the game, or so I've heard. GW2 is just a lot of fun, i'm loving my asura mesmer. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
EVE Online is probably the best MMO currently out, all things considered.

For future MMOS you can keep an eye on ArcheAge Online and World of Darkness. Trion Worlds is doing the NA release of ArcheAge, and CCP is doing WoD. I was so happy to find out that EME wasn't doing the NA release of ArcheAge. Consumer hardware has quite a bit of catching up to do in order for the average user to run WoD's game engine, but at the rate of advancement these days it might not be that far off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
No one knows if a "good" mmorpg is coming out.

People often don't know if they are "good", six months after release. Then their staying power comes to light, as it all crashes down and that company fails (and/or the game becomes free to play.)

I think Elder Scrolls online will probably be a failure of heretofore unseen proportions. Remember, its made by the people who can't even make a SINGLE PLAYER game for the xbox 360, PC or PS3. The only reason why the game was passable on the PC was because users fixed Bethesda's bugs, via the mod system. I found the bugs on the 360 pretty horrendous, but at least I managed to play through the main quests in the game and expansions (though I stayed away from hearthfire, hearing about the bugs in that and knowing that it did not offer anything for the overall game really.)

So, you couple Bethesda's failure in Skyrim (as well as evidently problems even in fallout and such):

With their inability to bring an mmorpg to market yet.

What do you think THAT will equal? Even though Online will be for the PC only, or anyway not consoles as far as I know, people WON'T be able to fix their bugs; You can't have a player mod system of that level in an mmorpg, since it might involve possible cheating.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
99% of MMOs fail, may as well just not play any new ones until it's clear they are successful.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I appreciate the suggestions, thank you!
Reply Quote
N
I think Elder Scrolls online will probably be a failure of heretofore unseen proportions. Remember, its made by the people who can't even make a SINGLE PLAYER game for the xbox 360, PC or PS3. The only reason why the game was passable on the PC was because users fixed Bethesda's bugs, via the mod system. I found the bugs on the 360 pretty horrendous, but at least I managed to play through the main quests in the game and expansions (though I stayed away from hearthfire, hearing about the bugs in that and knowing that it did not offer anything for the overall game really.)

Bethesda isnt making TESO, Zenimax is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Just found and played Planetside 2.... mission accomplished
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
99% of MMOs fail, may as well just not play any new ones until it's clear they are successful.

I can't tell if serious, because sarcasm translate horribly across text, unless you're completely obvious and/or I know you.

If not serious, *snicker*.

If serious... Succesful = The MMO must obtain 2+ million subscribers? How about: Succesful = MMO is still alive and producing content, that's a more realistic approach, no?
Reply Quote
97 Undead Warlock

Welcome to Auraxis, soldier.

Hope to see you on the winning side. Vanu give us strength. (aka VS ftw)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
maybe Elder Scrolls Online will be best than WoW
but it can't kill WoW because of graphics, WoW can run in low end PCs, ESO can be best than WoW, but probably it's for high end machines.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Well welcome to PS2. In case you get bored here are a few other upcoming MMO's you'll might want to try in the future.

There's "WildStar"... Not so sure how it will turn out though.
There's "Defiance," but personally I don't think it's going to be anything spectacular or refreshing.
Possibly Bungie's "Destiny" if that falls into the MMO category. But from the sounds of it, they seem pretty snot-nosed against the PC, so it might be held back on the consoles only.
As Blædwing suggested, there's Star Citizen. Not sure how this will turn out either or when it will ever come out. (To me Star Citizen sounds a little too good to be true, but I would keep a eye on it.)
Edited by Nevintsha on 3/19/2013 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]