Healer composition for t14

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello everyone, i have a simple question on behalf of my guild. On a fight to fight basis for t14 content, whats better:
Resto Shaman+Holy Pally
or
Resto Druid+Holy pally
Just for fights we are two healing (Spirit Kings, elegon, any other fight that gets two healed)
Please explain why you think one is better.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
We run rsham/hpal. We are on elegon, mostly due to only raiding 1 day a week. I don't think any of MSV needs to be 3 healed. Depends on your healers though. We also have a feral Druid with resto os for if we need him to 3heal anything.

I'd recommend going with sham, their mtt will be nice while you're gearing up. And try to 2 heal bosses before 3 healing it, shouldn't be necessary until hof.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly, mana isn't a huge issue. I agree mana tide is great, but my raid leader wants reasons beyond "because mana tide totem" for why we should roll shaman/pally.
Reply Quote
They work well together. Pally is very strong single target with decent aoe. Sham has really good aoe and strong single target burst (inefficient for duration though). Druids are good but I don't like it for 2 healing bc of how their heals work it can create a lot of overhealing issues. Your mastery makes it annoying for hots. You also aren't doing anything crazy, whichever healer is better at their class will clearly make it better for you.

Your raid lead should also understand raid comps and know what he wants. Make sure all buffs/debuffs are covered, raid utility, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Resto Druid+Holy pally

They cover both areas. Pally for stacked healing and druid for spread healing. Paladin and shaman are both good stack healers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Every buff is covered. The biggest problem we are facing is that our resto shaman really wants to DPS on the two heal fights, and cant accept that we are better off with him healing. And the raid leader is good friends with both of us. If she sides with one of us it will create problems. Which is why i took it to the forums, for an unbiased opinion.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
(I apologize if this doesn't really apply to your conversation, I couldn't find a decent place to post, sorry about that)

I specifically hoped on my shaman, I have 2 other 90s I could've posted as. I had an idea today since shaman are having some problems with being strong competitive healers. They have good numbers, but the worst mp5 and mana efficiency at least from what I'm hearing. The idea I had was this. Chain heal has always been a signature heal for shaman. Chain heal costs quite a bit of mana and doesn't really have the potency it used to.

The 25% increase you get when you heal a target with chain heal affected by riptide is awesome, why not make that 25% heal carry through to the other targets healed as well? That would 1 increase healing (yes overhealing too), also would increase the effectiveness of chain heal, and make riptide even more useful. Just a thought, and sadly healing rain is really only mana efficient in 25's, I'm not saying flat our reduce the mana cost, but I would suggest increasing the healing when less people stand in it, so 10 man it becomes at least a little more viable. Granted in 25 man shaman can really do a ton of healing with Ascendance and healing tide totem. No complaints there, but just a few thoughts to consider.

Edit: The idea for healing rain would be to decrease diminishing returns when you have less than... oh idk 10 people in it, but say once the 11th person stands in it, the healing is reduce by... 10-20%? I don't shaman heal this xpac, but posting ideas I see could be useful. (also I apologize for using this forum, if you guys see a good one to post on, I would gladly move it there.)
Edited by Krogrim on 3/18/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Though that directly adds nothing to this conversation, and would probably be better off posted in the shaman forums, it does raise an interesting point. Is shaman AoE healing better the resto druid AoE healing?
Reply Quote
For t14 shaman works well due to stacking but in tot Druid is better since it is more spread out. And if shaman wants to dps have him go dps and only ask him to heal 3heal fughts
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Now that I re-look over who posted, that was kinda dumb... Everyone's a paladin rofl. Reason I posted is because of healer comp for t14, and was hoping there would be more discussion on healing period in t14 gear / raids. I apologize that it didn't add the current conversation.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Druids outhealed Shaman's in tier 14, in 10 man, before 5.2.
For 5.2 Druids got buffed 10% flat, plus got their mushrooms buffed so together they heal for about 1+M when used right (when your raid moves they need to pre-determine where they will move).

Druids are the stronger healer. Elemental shamans have some great burst healing that isn't tied to dps gains like a druid's Nature's Vigil. So you can 2 heal fights and get a little assist from the shaman if you just need 1 extra raid CD to survive something.

Have the shaman go ele.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Without knowing the particular healers involved, it's impossible to tell you that a particular class comp will give you an advantage.

However, in the abstract, I would go druid/paladin assuming equal DPS skill. Shaman/paladin has some weaknesses in the spread and mobile healing department, and some 2-heal fights do involve spread/mobile healing.

But if your druid has the better offspec, a shaman/paladin duo is completely capable of healing the content. One advantage is that the shaman's plethora of cooldowns helps make up for the paladin's lack of functional raid cooldown in Heart of Fear.
Edited by Kaels on 3/18/2013 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Honestly, mana isn't a huge issue. I agree mana tide is great, but my raid leader wants reasons beyond "because mana tide totem" for why we should roll shaman/pally.

Three words: Healing Tide Totem.

One of the more powerful raid cooldowns there is for shaman.

Also, resto's mastery is very nice for when it's needed (it works off a percentage of the players HP).

But, in all honesty, you take a player because they are good at what they do and know exactly how to deal with those "Oh crud" moments.

The biggest problem we are facing is that our resto shaman really wants to DPS on the two heal fights, and cant accept that we are better off with him healing. And the raid leader is good friends with both of us. If she sides with one of us it will create problems. Which is why i took it to the forums, for an unbiased opinion.

I'm running into a similar problem with our resto shaman, but with him he's worried about his healing numbers (which, in my opinion are fine). I finally had to explain to him that without my disc priests absorb mechanics, he'd be out healing me. He's better at healing than dps in my opinion.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/18/2013 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]