Wanted: Chakra state test conditional

100 Undead Priest
All other characters that use stances can have conditional macros based on what stance they are in. For instance a warrior can use the following in a macro.

"/cast [stance:1]Charge; [stance:2]Intervene; [stance:3]Intercept"

We are basically stanced with Chakra, so could we please have this same macro functionality for the priest. for example...

"/cast [chakra:1]Holy Word: Serenity; [chakra:2]Cascade"

Thank you for your consideration.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Cascade is not dependent on the chakra.
Chakra isn't a stance because the only spell that changes based on chakra is Holy Word. And macro with Holy Word: Chastise will automatically switch spells as you switch chakras.
There isn't a need for complicated stance macros.
What you're in essence asking is casting certain spells based on presence/absence of the buff currently on you, and that's not possible with macros.
Edited by Sedivy on 3/18/2013 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Technically, the only stance a priest will have would be Shadowform

I would suggest making a macro that allows you to easily switch between these sets of 1 and 2 you want it to and then move from there.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
First off, I know cascade isn't dependent on chakra. The fact is I want the button that throws Holy Word: Serenity to do a different heal ( greater heal, flash heal, cascade, whaterver) since hitting that button will not cast it when in Chakra sanctuary. But my finger automatically hits it any way, and it takes me a sec to realize it didn't do anything. Just would be nice to bind it to something when in a different chakra state. But that's ok, I can do it with my mouse macros. :)

of course it would be nice if macros worked as they used to, I could just put in the following.

/cast Holy Word: Serenity
/cast Flash Heal

But alas, this will not work, even though when in a different chakra state, there is no such spell as Holy Word: Serenity, the macro will not fire.
Edited by Bantor on 3/20/2013 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Bantor, your reasoning is valid.

Until Blizzard decides to change Chakra state to a stance or give us a way to check for it, there's no way to do what you're after.

They've done it that way to prevent folks from making macros that will play the game for them, but this clearly seems like a gray area. Chakra is ALMOST a stance.

I use the same macro for Sinister Strike, I think Backstab (I don't sub much), and Dispatch, and all the macro says is /cast Sinister Strike (and the other stuff I want). Sinister Strike turns into Dispatch and I think Backstab when I switch specs, so that's a step further than even stances, but it is a real quality of life improvement that I don't have to have a different macro for each spec.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Until Blizzard decides to change Chakra state to a stance or give us a way to check for it, there's no way to do what you're after.

This is why I posted. Hoping, as long as Blizzard continues priest healing to use a chakra state, that they will at least let us test for chakra state in macros. I would think this would be relatively easy to implement.

Although, I'd prefer they just do away with chakra altogether. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This isn't a UI issue though. I see chakra type posts in priest and healing forums which is where this should go.
Devs that read this take care of UI and API, not class mechanics so your thread isn't garnering the right type of attention here.
But my finger automatically hits it any way, and it takes me a sec to realize it didn't do anything. Just would be nice to bind it to something when in a different chakra state

This used to be bound to a heal and then everyone complained it should be separate from the heal that activates it.
I want the button that throws Holy Word: Serenity to do a different heal ( greater heal, flash heal, cascade, whaterver) since hitting that button will not cast it when in Chakra sanctuary

None of those heals are dependent on your chakra. Only one spell is affected by this change and it's holy word which changes automatically, so no it cannot qualify for a stance. You can still cast everything in any chakra, it just buffs certain types of spells a certain amount. Therefore it's a buff. Like hunter aura or paladin seal. It is not like a druid stance where you're prevented altogether from casting certain spells but are allowed to cast others when in a particular stance.
I see people keep asking for stances but that's not the greatest of mechanics. There is a reason warriors griped for years about issues with it and finally got it to be more of a buff like other classes, where they aren't getting bar locked out of abilities.

If you're having trouble realizing what chakra you're currently in right now, try something like WeakAuras and do a nice and big aura alert to let you know what you're in currently. It could even switch spell cooldown icons for you to sort of suggest to you through cooldown monitoring which spells are to be cast. TellMeWhen would be good for this though WA can do it as well.
Like say you're in sanctuary chakra. A set of icons pops on your screen that watches cooldown of your aoe spells like HW:Sanc, cascade, CoH and so on. Similarly when you switch to serenity you get a different set of icons though the only single target heal with a cd would be hw:serenity. And maybe you could count PW:S in.
When you have that nice set of big icons in the middle of your screen or next to your raidframes, it'll be hard forgetting what you're in currently.
Edited by Sedivy on 3/20/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Sedivy

This used to be bound to a heal and then everyone complained it should be separate from the heal that activates it.

I know. I hated it then and I still hate it. It was ONE of the reasons I stopped playing for the last 2 years. :) It's better than originally implemented, but it is still the most annoying healing mechanic in the game. IMO.

Anyway, as I said, I was able to accomplish this goal with a simple keyboard macro.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]