Riptide Question

I've been checking out a number of different resto guides to improve my healing output and the Icy-Veins one (which is where I went when I was first learning the ropes of my shaman) makes the following suggestion: "Keep Riptide up on as many players as possible (including the tank)."

I started out healing this way in 5-mans but found it difficult to keep up in LFR with so many players in the group so I sort of got into the habit of only keeping Riptide up on the tank, and then applying it to other group members only if they started taking damage.

What's the best practice here? Is it worth keeping Riptide up even on players who are not actively taking any damage for maximum Tidal Waves uptime, or is that wasteful?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ancestral Vigor says yes
Reply Quote
I keep it up on both tanks as much as possible to keep AV up on them. The third RT (non glyphed), I'll usually roll it around some random player if I know there is going to be AoE soon, or if I need TW up. You do want it on the tanks, however.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys. Do you think it'd be worth tracking TW with something (like Power Auras) so I better know when I need to roll out another Riptide on someone other than the tank(s)?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I use weak auras personally, you can also use CH to refresh TW since thats about all its good for anymore. Don't really need to track TW itself just the RT cool down imo. Sure you'll get some overhealing from RT but you'll have that anyways.
Edited by Shammyjake on 3/18/2013 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In instances where I can use CH or there is not that much damage going around, I usually don't bother to track my TWs. If I have to use too many single target heals and CH is not much of an option, I do keep an eye on my TW poweraura to track them. It is usually not that much of a problem, as I usually got things to use in the couple of seconds that I don't have TWs up (such as dropping totems, healing rain, etc); but it is good to be wary of when your GHW is gonna be over 2 seconds cast instead of 1.5 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]