New 5.2 Bugs - updated 4-30-13

90 Undead Rogue
Hopefully Blues can see this and address or clarify some of these bugs/issues, concerns, or general observations... I've been cleaning up and updating this list as much as I could. Latest 4/30/2013

Crithto on page 2 mentioned that they are addressing Deep Freeze bug, and if anyone can add any lighting storm bugs they ran into please share if you can.

---------------------------
BUGS

100% hit/stun moves still miss
Always hits/stun when blinded moves still miss during darkness. For example Nocturnal Strike still, Fury of 1000 Fists, Surge of light.

Chew
Reported by Masio on 4/30/2013
If your opponent casts Chew, and you stun them on the turn that they're supposed to use the attack, it will still go through.

Meteor
When this ability misses it seems to not show the miss text like all other abilities when miss.

Deep Freeze
Ignores Resilience, Arcane Winds, and Critter Passive.

Dark Simulacrum - 2 bugs
Reported by Hadar

Bug 1: In the same way Wind-Up, Reflection and Pump were previously bugged, it will prevent the Undead or Mechanical pet from getting back up after initial kill. If you use Dark Simulcrum copied ability to kill undead/mech it'll bug out their racial.

Bug 2: Dark Simulacrum vs. Dark Simulacrum.
Using DS against a DS copied ability from the opponent doesn't copy the spell to you and does some strange stuff. Also, using DS at the same time as your opponent doesn't put the spell on cooldown, but if you use it again on the next turn to copy another spell, you copy the spell plus attack right away with that spell.

Glowing Toxin
(used by glowflys typically) ignores shields, sandstorm, and stoneskin.

Sunreaver Micro Sentry
Does not fit into pet battle window. It scales too large so only feet are shown.

Speed debuffs/buffs occasionally stick permanently
Death Grip occasionally sets opponents speed PERMANENTLY to -1300 (making it permanently the slowest pet).
Here is the similar issue posted by Sollos
If a move that always goes first(like surge) is used while snap trap(and maybe magma trap not sure) is down and the attack triggers the trap, the speed boost the attack gives becomes permanent until it is used again. For example curious wolvar pup lays down snap trap next round snarly uses surge getting about 1600 speed but triggers the trap. speed boost will stay on snarly until surge is used again.

Brittle Webbing
Reported by Zeki
Pets that hit with multiple attacks that die due to brittle webbing mid attack, still continue attacking even when dead until the end of the round. For example cast brittle webbing, opponent attacks with something that hits 3 times.

BlackClaw
Currently adds double the damage it states. Steps to reproduce are easy and consistent:
Bring out clockwork gnome, cast turrent. Notice damage per hit.
Bring out pet with blackclaw, and cast it on the target. Damage goes up by double of what it should (instead of 80 its up by 160 - rough numbers). This gets even bigger when it starts involving hunting party making it multiply x4 at that point.

Strange lighting storm bugs
Reported by RoanRanger
So for Cast Lighnting storm - assume it's adding 40 damage to each attack. Cast amplify damage - now it's adding 80 damage to each attack.

Laser
It does miss even though description says it should not. Possibly base dodge/miss involved?

Sandstorm and weather on elementals
Sandstorm double penalizes elemental pets (they shield opponent, but not an elemental), many weather effects are inconsistent with racial.

Snap Trap
Posted below by - Vansnap
Curious Wolvar Pup casts Snap Trap.
Opponent uses magma wave to remove it.
Visually trap disappears, however it still goes off later as if it was not removed. Possibly not removed via other spells that are supposed to clean battle field objects.

Possible bugs?
1) Life exchange hits targets that are burrowed. Is that intended?

2) Multiple minefields work as one, is that intended? For example cast minefield, switch to another robot and cast minefield. When opponent switches it works as it there is only one minefield, other one is simply gone. Are these and many other abilities such as Surge not intended to stack?

3) Early Advantage - second attack will hit targets that are flying or burrowed.

4) Frog Kiss - (ability found on frogs) cannot chain frog someone because of resilience, is that intended? Granted it happens rarely, but that seemed like it was the original intent.
Edited by Kenpo on 4/30/2013 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Glowing Toxin (used by glowflys typically) ignores shields, sandstorm, and stoneskin.

That's not a bug - that's always happened because it takes away 6% of your health every round. Confusing sting is the one that shields will block.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter

Kun Lai Runt ignores resilience with his stun move.

Kun Lai Runt ignores Arcane Winds with his stuns.

Not a bug, but having Darkness last only 5 rounds is really bad, severely hurts Darkness based teams especially with all the bugs. All other weather effects last 9 rounds. Currently Arcane Winds is busted and Darkness is kind of lame.

It's not just Kun Lai Runt, when Frosty uses the move Deep Freeze it ignores the critter passive.

I'm still not sure what I think about the Darkness nerf. It still seems like a powerful comp with all the moves that benefit from darkness. When they fix the Surge bug that'll make it a lot better.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Thanks Night, updated the list to include that move.
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin
after using Call Darkness http://thottbot.com/petability=256 this spell states "During Darkness, all pets are considered Blinded and all healing received is reduced by 50%"

Nocturnal Strike http://thottbot.com/petability=517 still misses. it states "Always hits if the target is blinded"

my crows and ravens had misses/dodges figthing tamers today
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
When they fix the Surge bug that'll make it a lot better.

What's the surge bug?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
my crows and ravens had misses/dodges figthing tamers today

They were probably dodges. Even with Darkness/Nocturnal Strike the other pet has a 5% chance to dodge. At least that's my understanding.

They should change the tooltip to say "will not miss if target is blinded" Then it would be consistent with laser which "never misses" but can still be dodged.
Edited by Stygimoloch on 3/22/2013 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Goblin Shaman
IT does miss, I have a post specifically on this. Nocturnal strike can and does miss with darkness up. more than 10% of the time too so even that is wonky.

I assume 90 out of 100 or say even 900 out of 1000 if bugged. Currently I must be in the 60 hits to 40 misses area so by that logic I should go 840 hits and 60 more misses to finish the 1000 out.

I can all but assure you this will NOT be the case Lawl.......

I edited this to add this: I am saying miss and mean "Miss" not dodge, not block, not when it glitches and shows nothing lol ya that happens too...
Edited by Baihu on 3/22/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Is life exchange is working as intended?

It seems to ignore all evasion (eg: dive, beaver dam).
Edited by Doomscribe on 3/22/2013 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
after using Call Darkness http://thottbot.com/petability=256 this spell states "During Darkness, all pets are considered Blinded and all healing received is reduced by 50%"

I never realized the accuracy part wasn't in the tooltip, probably accounts for a lot of the confusion about this. In any case if you scroll down you can see the exact effect that Darkness causes on both pets, including a 10% miss chance.

They should change the tooltip to say "will not miss if target is blinded" Then it would be consistent with laser which "never misses" but can still be dodged.

It appears what it's really doing is removing the base miss chance and lowering the miss chance on the ability, before accounting for debuffs (like Darkness). Mechanics on Nocturnal Strike:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8402660368

Personally, it's hard to say if it's intended or a bug though. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority who thinks it's probably intended (not that I know for sure either).

Should add this one to the list too, it really bugs me now that I use my Cogblade Raptor more:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8414831470

An old one that still isn't fixed:
Lightning Storm is buggy as hell
1) damage done by LS is modified by the caller's buffs/debuffs
2) damage done by LS is credited to the caller - so a Thundering Serpent Hatchling can proc Dragonkin when *receiving* damage...
3) for some reason Turrets gain 150% bonus damage from LS
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Is life exchange is working as intended?

It seems to ignore all evasion (eg: dive, beaver dam).

That's probably working as intended, you can't burrow against it. But you can reflect / dodge / similar skills vs it. You just can't hide against it.
I'll put it in the list just in case, hopefully blue can confirm/deny.
Edited by Kenpo on 3/22/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
1) damage done by LS is modified by the caller's buffs/debuffs
2) damage done by LS is credited to the caller - so a Thundering Serpent Hatchling can proc Dragonkin when *receiving* damage...
3) for some reason Turrets gain 150% bonus damage from LS

RRanger can you please clarify 1 and 2 with some examples so I can merge it in...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
For what its worth, the Sunreaver's display bug isn't entirely new. The Infinite Whelp has a similar problem. He's always been far below where he should be in the pet journal, such that all you can usually see are his wings or maybe sometimes the tip of his head.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
RRanger can you please clarify 1 and 2 with some examples so I can merge it in...

Sure.

So for 1) Cast Lighnting storm - assume it's adding 40 damage to each attack.
Cast amplify damage - now it's adding 80 damage to each attack.

2). Thundering Serpent Hatchling casts lightning storm
enemy hits Hatchling down to 25% hp
THundering Serpent Hatchling gains Dragonkin buff
Edited by Roanranger on 3/22/2013 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Updated once more, thanks Ranger.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/22/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Kenpo
That's probably working as intended, you can't burrow against it. But you can reflect / dodge / similar skills vs it. You just can't hide against it.

You can't dodge Life Exchange and I've never seen it miss. I don't believe it has a hit roll at all and I suspect that Deflect is useless against it as well (although this is tough to test given the limited number of opponents with Deflect).

Also, the original post still lists Glowing Toxin as a bug - which I don't believe it is. When you have a % health-based effect such as Glowing Toxin or Trample, additive modifications (Shiell Shield, Wild Magic, etc.) do not affect it all. Only multiplicative modifications (Crouch, Howl) affect them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
i am not receiving any xp bonus from Safari Hat... in some cases it is actually reducing the normal xp gain. Also, why is this item account bound when every single character i roll gets one anyway regardless of pet battle experience/status
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
every single character i roll gets one anyway regardless of pet battle experience/status

All of your characters get one so you don't have to mail it around to whoever you want to use it that given day. Could be account bound so you aren't shafted if you delete it on a character by accident.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Here's a bug I experienced tonight.

The Curious Wolvar Pup ability Snap Trap is a battlefield object created by the player. It randomly goes off at the beginning of the opposing player's turn and delivers a healthy amount of damage plus a 1 round stun to the opponent. I used Magma Wave on my Harbringer of Flame to destroy it. The Magma Wave went off, destroyed the trap visibly (it was gone as a debuff on me), and then after the Magma Wave animation ended I took the damage and was stunned. Snap Trap always goes off at the beginning of the turn, so clearly the code involved with destroying battlefield objects does not work as intended.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]