New 5.2 Bugs - updated 4-30-13

100 Tauren Druid
It doesn't go off at the beginning of the turn, its triggered by you attacking. Which is the same as Lil Rag's magma trap. The timing seems odd there, but I assume it got set off by the Magma Wave and *should* have visibly gone off before the Magma Wave.

Obviously something was a little off there but potentially not what you were thinking.
Edited by Chorn on 3/24/2013 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
Pets of Obalis, particularly Spring and Clatter would attack even if they have already died. This happens when the pets would die in the middle of their mult-hit attacks. I have seen this happen several times.

Molten Hatchling Vs Spring

Molten Hatchling casts Brittle Webbing.
Spring casts Slicing Wind.
Brittle Webbing dealt damage to enemy Spring.
Enemy Spring died.
Slicing Wind dealt damage to your Molten Hatchling.
Slicing Wind dealt damage to your Molten Hatchling.

Spring hits twice more while dead.

Molten Hatchling Vs Clatter

Molten Hatchling casts Brittle Webbing.
Brittle Webbing dealt damage to enemy Clatter.
Enemy Clatter died.
Flank dealt damage to your Molten Hatchling.
Molten Hatchling died.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
While fighting Aki I have noticed this :

During lightning storm while using Zandalari Kneebiter with blackclaw up and then hunting party causes hunting party to hit twice for over 400 in the first round per hit (the aquatic guy has never lived to the second round of hunting party to see what it hits for on that round) for over 2400 damage in a single round.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Updated once more, thanks Ranger.

You forgot to add the turret bug =p.

Turrets gain a 150% damage bonus under Lightning Storm.

03/23/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Chorn
every single character i roll gets one anyway regardless of pet battle experience/status

All of your characters get one so you don't have to mail it around to whoever you want to use it that given day. Could be account bound so you aren't shafted if you delete it on a character by accident.

Also, new/different servers.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Stun issues (e.g. Deep Freeze and the Monk) should be fixed in 5.3.

Scaling issues (e.g. Sentry) require an art fix which typically also requires a patch, but we're working on them now and thanks for the report!

If you're still experiencing issues with Lightning Storm, we'd really appreciate any and all details you can possibly share.
Edited by Crithto on 4/22/2013 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
there are pets that cause stuns to make them gain extra turns ie the darkmoon moonkey after a stun you have to pass the turn and then the monkey will attack once for that turn and then again even if your pet is faster.
and yes im posting in three forums at same time about bugs anc copied the wrong post =P
Edited by Leozero on 4/22/2013 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The pet battles forum is probably not the place to be reporting hunter/hunter pet bugs. O.o
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The move early advantage will hit the opponent if you have lower health than them with the second hit even if they have 100% dodge, are burrowed or otherwise unattackable. The first hit will always miss in that situation.
Edited by Drayesh on 4/22/2013 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Might as well add sandstorm and elementals to the bug list.

I'll play with lightningstorm tonight see what kind of weird damage increases I can find. Have to try with blackclaw or ooze since both have some very good multipliers.
Edited by Kenpo on 4/22/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
The Darkmoon Eye's Laser also misses a good amount for an ability that 'always hits'. Not talking about on pets that are immune in some way, just during a random turn.
Edited by Shahrukh on 4/22/2013 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Black claws effect is currently double what it should be and is adding say 180 dmg to an attack instead of just 90(unless the tooltip is wrong).

If a move that always goes first(like surge) is used while snap trap(and maybe magma trap not sure) is down and the attack triggers the trap, the speed boost the attack gives becomes permanent until it is used again. For example curious wolvar pup lays down snap trap next round snarly uses surge getting about 1600 speed but triggers the trap. speed boost will stay on snarly until surge is used again.(might require switching out on the stun to get the speed boost to stay not sure)

A lot of people say they have trouble with Nocturnal strike missing while the target is under the effects of darkness. Make sure your not fighting an elemental as they aren't effected by darkness. I have personally not seen it miss when it wasn't supposed to.
Edited by Sollos on 4/22/2013 11:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
If a move that always goes first(like surge) is used while snap trap(and maybe magma trap not sure) is down and the attack triggers the trap, the speed boost the attack gives becomes permanent until it is used again. For example curious wolvar pup lays down snap trap next round snarly uses surge getting about 1600 speed but triggers the trap. speed boost will stay on snarly until surge is used again.(might require switching out on the stun to get the speed boost to stay not sure)

Thanks I'll add it to the list, I have a feeling it's related to the other bug where speed buff/debuff gets saved permanently in certain scenarios. I ran into it when I was using Giant Bone Spider vs the Broom.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'll bump it up, because others are asking about bugs already in the list that Crithto mentioned they are working on...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I'll bump it up, because others are asking about bugs already in the list that Crithto mentioned they are working on...

You can bump all day, people will still post new threads instead of searching. Hell I have seen people ask about something and have the threads above them and below them be about what they were asking.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Dark Simulacrum is bugged in a few ways:

Bug 1: In the same way Wind-Up, Reflection and Pump were previously bugged, it will prevent the Undead or Mechanical pet from getting back up after initial kill.

Example:
1) Opponent uses dark simulacrum to copy an attack.
2) Opponent uses the copied attack to "kill" your undead/mechanical pet
3) Undead/Mechanical pet stays dead (does not get back up)

Bug 2: Dark Simulacrum vs. Dark Simulacrum.

Using DS against a DS copied ability from the opponent doesn't copy the spell to you and does some strange stuff. Also, using DS at the same time as your opponent doesn't put the spell on cooldown, but if you use it again on the next turn to copy another spell, you copy the spell plus attack right away with that spell.

I didn't test much with the second bug, but it had some really strange in behaviors.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
When the Meteor-like ability from the Minfernal misses, it doesn't actually say it misses. No combat text is displayed at all. Minor but I felt it was worth noting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
If you're still experiencing issues with Lightning Storm, we'd really appreciate any and all details you can possibly share.

Just for you guys I pulled out my Gnome + Lightning Storm team again:

It appears that the 'source' of the damage is fixed now (my dragon getting beat to death no longer proc-ed his own racial).

It also appears that Lightning Storm's bonus damage is based/buffed on the attacking pet.

RE: the turret + lightning storm 'bug' I posted, what's actually happening is that mechanical abilities are double dipping on LS. Is that intended? Because each Turret shot is going from 46 dmg => 57 (+25% bonus) + 40-ish (lightning storm bonus attack) under lightning storm.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hi RoanRanger, can you post steps to reproduce double dipping so I can add the steps to the bug list? I was unable to get lightning storm to double dip my turret, so I just added a generic bug to the list.

However I was able to get BlackClaw consistently to add double the damage it should. For example I would start with a turret, it would hit for 39/40 each round. Than with black claw (which should add 70something) it instead added twice as much making my turret hit for 200 a hit.

So black claw is definately bugged.
Edited by Kenpo on 4/26/2013 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Warrior
the turret + lightning storm 'bug' I posted, what's actually happening is that mechanical abilities are double dipping on LS. Is that intended? Because each Turret shot is going from 46 dmg => 57 (+25% bonus) + 40-ish (lightning storm bonus attack) under lightning storm.

Pretty sure that is intended, according to Lightning Storm's tooltip.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
I don't know if this a bug or not. I was battling a Crimson Shale. It was in low health and it attack first with Stone Rush which killed itself. My pet wasn't able to attack since the crimson shale killed himself before my pet was able to attack and the move I pick was put on cooldown. I was wondering if the cooldown on my move was working as intended or not, since I was not able to use it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]