More restarts... really?

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
Yeah like the restarts will help anything, we'll have them again tomorrow, and Tuesday will have extended maintenance. you just cant win.
90 Pandaren Monk
whine. cry. moan.

lolol
90 Human Death Knight
The [Stone Cold] quest to slay 8 Quillen was bugged the other day.
I hope today it is fixed.
90 Orc Hunter
jk
Well technically if the enraged Goblin plays 30 mins a day during the exact time the restarts occur, he is indeed losing half of his months playtime, as unlikely as that seems.

I myself have plenty of time to play, about 3-5 hours during night time here (in Australia) however it's not really just 15 mins. When the countdown starts you pretty much have to stop doing anything, if you've got a queue going it's forfeit. If you want to queue, you can't. Then you wait out the timer, and requeue, resetting the queue timer. it's more like 30-40 mins downtime which is a large chunk of my gameplay.
90 Draenei Paladin
I think people take the game waaay too seriously if they're going to complain over little restarts.

Deal with it or go do something else.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Wanker......that 15 min restart is WAY too much of your "valuable" time. LMAO

--IF-- they get the game back up in 15min, and not something like 2+ hours which tends to happen during their "quick" restarts in the middle of the week.

And this is also assuming their restart doesn't break something ELSE that will require ANOTHER restart a few hours later and/or MORE downtime...
Edited by Xaelai on 3/20/2013 7:19 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock

This. A large pile of people werent able to complete their Isle questchain yesterday. If it can't be hotfixed in, then a restart to address it is perfectly acceptable.
90 Human Warlock
The restarts don't take more than 15 minutes. If that. I don't see what the problem is here. if it were down for like 12+ hours consistently a few days here and there other than patch days then I would get it.

Go to the bathroom, grab a drink and a snack. Walk around the house/outside (weather permitting) to stretch your legs and come back to the computer.

It's not a big deal.
90 Undead Warrior
Just wondering if they had any reason for the restarts? i personally dont mind them if they arent messin with the progression on Isle of thunder (aka resetting back to stage 1)
90 Night Elf Hunter
Only thing that bothers me is the rare spawns that are on a 72hr timer. Since there is always at least 1 maintenance day, additional restarts really screw those up.

I remember camping posideus and after realizing the servers pretty much never stay up for 72hrs straight, I gave up. I feel for you rare spawn campers.
90 Worgen Druid
I feel so bad that Blizzard has customers like this.
Get to Keelfoot(i think) Harbor.

5 minutes to restart.

Challenge accepted.

*rush rush rush/ ignore content that i've already seen*

Airship destroyed.

Get to Ruther'en Village, 30 seconds left.

Challenge Completed.
90 Human Death Knight

This. A large pile of people werent able to complete their Isle questchain yesterday. If it can't be hotfixed in, then a restart to address it is perfectly acceptable.
I thought about making a ticket, until I realized everyone that was wandering around there couldn't complete the quest.
90 Undead Warlock
Well technically if the enraged Goblin plays 30 mins a day during the exact time the restarts occur, he is indeed losing half of his months playtime, as unlikely as that seems.

I myself have plenty of time to play, about 3-5 hours during night time here (in Australia) however it's not really just 15 mins. When the countdown starts you pretty much have to stop doing anything, if you've got a queue going it's forfeit. If you want to queue, you can't. Then you wait out the timer, and requeue, resetting the queue timer. it's more like 30-40 mins downtime which is a large chunk of my gameplay.

Exactly correct, this restart basically cost me, in the very least an hour and 20 minutes, because I'd been in queue for an hour+ when they first started. But, whatever, I'm downloading the DLC and updating Arma 2, installing RE5 and Oregon Trail - Directors cut, presently.
90 Draenei Paladin
03/20/2013 07:09 AMPosted by Erras
We are losing half a month of gameplay due to these restarts

Way to be over dramatic.

^ This...and I would rather the restarts than the massive glitches like not being able to finish the Isle of Thunder dailies thanks to the quest glitches.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Lol at people replying to this thread!

...oh wait a minute...
03/20/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Runnerpally

Way to be over dramatic.

^ This...and I would rather the restarts than the massive glitches like not being able to finish the Isle of Thunder dailies thanks to the quest glitches.
The devs are only bringing back fond memories of vanilla wow. Remember all the glitches back then? That's vanilla wow.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol at people replying to this thread!

...oh wait a minute...

LOL they got you!.... oops.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]