Monks, disarm abilities definitely OP.

(Locked)

90 Human Warrior
I genuinely haven't made one of these !@#$%ing posts in probably 5 years. Although some classes have been mildly overpowered over the course of wow, I have never seen anything like this. Monk's disarming abilities are beyond belief. It just doesn't feel true to wow. If monks get a mass disarm, that should be it, and it would be short, only a few seconds.
90 Human Monk
it pretty much is "it" ..
90 Pandaren Monk
So what if you have to wait 8 seconds before you roflsmash us?
90 Human Death Knight
So what if you have to wait 8 seconds before you roflsmash us?

3 seconds*
Overpowered huh...
Hmm your argument holds pretty heavy.
Nice examples to go with your

Monk's disarming abilities are beyond belief

I love it tell me more.

How about you use some facts and examples next time if you cant think of any, feel free to not post anything you have no idea about, thank you.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I love the ability. I'll never die to a melee cleave, and I naturally counter ranged anyways so YAY!

I think it is funny they made this talent. On a tier with decent talents, but RoP is pretty king considering how powerful it will be in Arenas. It's CD is just too short imo. It needs to be baseline and on a 2 minute CD because then it would be balanced. Between Shadowstepping friendly targets and my many ways to avoid damage the one thing that can kill me is a stun. This ability effectively neutralizes all stuns in the game on me between trinket, SS, RoP, and defensive CDs.

Not to mention it will be nearly impossible to kill MW Monks. As if it wasn't already difficult.
100 Pandaren Monk
I love the ability. I'll never die to a melee cleave, and I naturally counter ranged anyways so YAY!

I think it is funny they made this talent. On a tier with decent talents, but RoP is pretty king considering how powerful it will be in Arenas. It's CD is just too short imo. It needs to be baseline and on a 2 minute CD because then it would be balanced. Between Shadowstepping friendly targets and my many ways to avoid damage the one thing that can kill me is a stun. This ability effectively neutralizes all stuns in the game on me between trinket, SS, RoP, and defensive CDs.

Not to mention it will be nearly impossible to kill MW Monks. As if it wasn't already difficult.

Then that would gives WW two stuns AND RoP. Then the fourms would be all about monk cc. There really is no winning here. Just give us a button to get 10 stack of TEB instantly and I will never complain again.
90 Troll Monk
03/10/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Eazyj
I genuinely haven't made one of these !@#$%ing posts in probably 5 years. Although some classes have been mildly overpowered over the course of wow, I have never seen anything like this.

Were you asleep the entirety of last season, or what? I assume you've just ignored the fact that warriors in s12 were more overpowered than any class has ever been over the course of the game.
Edited by Mongoose on 3/10/2013 6:39 PM PDT
Intimidating shout lasts 8 seconds and has roughly the same cooldown. Intimidating shout is trinketable, but a full CC. RoP is persistent and untrinketable, but allows healing and DPS to move out of the bubble and cancel its effects. If another warrior casts shout and you have no trinket, it literally has the exact same effect on your DPS (except you can't move out).
100 Human Monk
What if they made the Ring of Peace effect suppressed when the target is crowd controlled?

...On a somewhat related note...if a monk is disarmed, and they grapple a weapon away, are they still considered disarmed? Cause they shouldn't be ._.
100 Pandaren Monk
RoP pre nerf version was alot better when could place it on target than friendly one and the couldn't run away from it.
90 Human Warrior
I just personally think a mass disarm is a little one sided, especially when blizzard has positioned Dot cleave and caster teams for the win in RBGs. On top of the fact that monks have very good survivability right now, it just seems a little unfair to give the class 2 disarms, and to create a mass disarm that really only hurts melee who are already weak at the moment.

On the other hand I know it feels great to get a new ability. Personally I think monks should loose this ability, but gain a pretty big dps burst. That's just me.
I just personally think a mass disarm is a little one sided, especially when blizzard has positioned Dot cleave and caster teams for the win in RBGs. On top of the fact that monks have very good survivability right now, it just seems a little unfair to give the class 2 disarms, and to create a mass disarm that really only hurts melee who are already weak at the moment.

On the other hand I know it feels great to get a new ability. Personally I think monks should loose this ability, but gain a pretty big dps burst. That's just me.

MONKS do not have good survivability (WW is probably dead last). MW on the other hand, are fairly decent for survivability.

The fact that MW has this ability is what makes it OP.

Since the entire forum base is crying about RoP right now, it will get nerfed. However, they better buff the ever living !@#$ out of WW to compensate.
90 Night Elf Monk
03/13/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Eazyj
On top of the fact that monks have very good survivability right now,

ok... next thread
88 Human Monk
HaHa, a warrior complaining about Monks, now that is a card!!!!!
90 Night Elf Monk
/facepalm

Funny, real funny. Play a monk, then tell me how do you feel.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I had a stalemate Arena match last night with Me (Holy Pally) + Arms Warrior vs. Mistweaver Monk + Shadow Priest. - Pre 5.2, my Warrior would have easily destroyed the Mistweaver, which makes sense since Warriors were OP. Now, post 5.2, my Warrior spent 1/2 the match passified. Between being disarmed by the Monk's Grapple Weapon and Ring of Peace and the S. Priest's Psychic Horror. And when he had those "kill" moments, the Monk popped Life Coccoon.

RoP is way OP. It's a talent that is available to every Monk spec, which is dumb. It both silences and disarms any enemy within its radius which is absurd, but it is also castable on a friendly target which is insane. Add the fact that it moves with the target and you have a bonafied OP ability.

PS> My Warrior arena partner saw no diminishing returns from the series of disarms.
Edited by Coalbeard on 3/13/2013 12:43 PM PDT
It is not 'way OP'. It probably is OP to MW, but not at all for WW.
90 Night Elf Monk
RoP have no DR Coalbeard. And the game is not balanced on 2vs2 fights as many developers already said... RoP can be countered in team fights, specially with a ranged DPS/CC. Aganist melee fighters, it's indeed strong and might feel too much if you consider the perspective that no other class have a similar skill, but that's only it, a Unique Skill adressed to a class that can be face rolled. Most MW's are good to run, as the monks are in general... And healers should be hard to kill anyway.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]