Monks, disarm abilities definitely OP.

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Paladin
And healers should be hard to kill anyway.
I wish the Resto Shammy devs felt that way. LOL
90 Night Elf Monk
03/13/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Coalbeard

Okay okay, MOST healers should be.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Honestly, my biggest issue is that RoP can be cast on another player. Imagine if it existed pre 5.2 and a MW put it on an OP Warrior. It would both disarm and silence a healer which would lead to a 3 second doom. I sense the same level of potential OPeeity (new word) with Rogues.

Keep the dome on the Monk, or in a stationary location (like the priest healing dome and the DK AMZ) and in all fairness, add it to the DR list. Aside from that, I'm cool with it.
100 Orc Monk
Honestly, my biggest issue is that RoP can be cast on another player. Imagine if it existed pre 5.2 and a MW put it on an OP Warrior. It would both disarm and silence a healer which would lead to a 3 second doom. I sense the same level of potential OPeeity (new word) with Rogues.

Keep the dome on the Monk, or in a stationary location (like the priest healing dome and the DK AMZ) and in all fairness, add it to the DR list. Aside from that, I'm cool with it.

It should only silence the healer if the healer casts an offensive spell.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just personally think a mass disarm is a little one sided, especially when blizzard has positioned Dot cleave and caster teams for the win in RBGs. On top of the fact that monks have very good survivability right now, it just seems a little unfair to give the class 2 disarms, and to create a mass disarm that really only hurts melee who are already weak at the moment.

On the other hand I know it feels great to get a new ability. Personally I think monks should loose this ability, but gain a pretty big dps burst. That's just me.

MONKS do not have good survivability (WW is probably dead last). MW on the other hand, are fairly decent for survivability.

The fact that MW has this ability is what makes it OP.

Since the entire forum base is crying about RoP right now, it will get nerfed. However, they better buff the ever living !@#$ out of WW to compensate.

Frost DKs would like a word with you...
90 Dwarf Paladin

Holy Prism is both, technically. Maybe it causes my Pally to get silenced? Hmmm. Food for thought.
100 Orc Monk
03/13/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Coalbeard

Holy Prism is both, technically. Maybe it causes my Pally to get silenced? Hmmm. Food for thought.

I do not play any healers, so yes I am a little ignorant on most of their mechanics. I don't know how needed Holy Prism is to keep yourself alive, if you can hold off on casting that 1 spell for the duration, or if theyre on you just bubble (and wait for warrior to take it off...) or if on 1 of your partners just walk out of the ring and cast.
70 Blood Elf Warrior
This is NOT OP, oh no monks might not be awful in arenas lets qq fast
yea but warriors get a mass fear which lasts 12 seconds while monks have a 3 second mass disarm yea we are OP
Holy paladin warrior had a stalemate... oh my? What in the world shall we do? WE MUST NERF EVERY OTHER CLASS NAAAAOOOOOOWWW
90 Blood Elf Monk
This thread really made me chuckle after getting out of a couple bgs where I mercilessly trolled some rogues/warriors. Man I love MW pvp.
90 Orc Monk
I have seen people complaining about this move all over. Please stop. It is a useful move for monks yes, but it is not OP. Yet, if all of you people continue complaining on forums we are going to get a nerf where we do not need it. Learn to counter it and stop complaining. The reason we were given RoP is because we are very easy to CC. There are countless moves that are much more OP than RoP. What about a paladins 10 seconds of freedom in arenas? How about a warlock that can hit a fully pvp geared player for 200k? What about fear that can create 16.02 seconds of freedom off of one cast? What about the fact that all of your warrior stuns do not break on damage? There are so many moves more overpowered than ring of peace. Learn to counter before you go and !@#$% on forums.
90 Orc Monk
I simply cannot understand even arguing that the move is OP when warriors have an instant cast fear... Think before you speak, seriously.
I just personally think a mass disarm is a little one sided, especially when blizzard has positioned Dot cleave and caster teams for the win in RBGs. On top of the fact that monks have very good survivability right now, it just seems a little unfair to give the class 2 disarms, and to create a mass disarm that really only hurts melee who are already weak at the moment.

On the other hand I know it feels great to get a new ability. Personally I think monks should loose this ability, but gain a pretty big dps burst. That's just me.

MONKS do not have good survivability (WW is probably dead last). MW on the other hand, are fairly decent for survivability.

The fact that MW has this ability is what makes it OP.

Since the entire forum base is crying about RoP right now, it will get nerfed. However, they better buff the ever living !@#$ out of WW to compensate.

I'll take a RoP nerf for a WW buff any day.
90 Undead Monk
When you take into consideration that us WW Monks not only have RoP, but also have Grapple Weapon, Paralyze, double Disable Root (eerily similar to the Cat Warrior's double Hamstring root, it acts like CC against Warriors), Fists of Fury (which is practically the same thing as the Warrior's pre-nerf talented Shockwave, just with more damage, untrinkable and slightly longer CD), and Spear Hand Strike (which once again is eerily similar to an ability deemed "too OP" for Warriors, glyphed Gag Order Pummel), we do have an absolute !@#$ton of CC, and can lock down a target for quite awhile and peel like a champ. We can pretty much shut down any other DPS' burst macro whenever we want.
Now also take into consideration all the CC breakers we have. The new Nimble Brew breaks the worst of CCs, Stuns and Fears, while Tiger's Lust breaks Roots, our Roll/FSK breaks Snares, and we have a PvP Trink for anything else (not to mention us Undead can break Fear/Sleep/Charm with WotF on top of all of that), and we're very difficult to CC/pin down.
Now, you combine Fortifying Brew, Touch of Karma, Diffuse Magic or Dampen Harm and Sparring with all of this, not to mention our self healing via Chi Wave and Expel Harm, and you have a remarkably versatile class that proves quite resilient with a Healer on it.
We do decent sustained damage, and when we pop our Tigereye Brew, we can actually hit pretty hard too.
Edited by Ciatlen on 3/14/2013 12:52 AM PDT
90 Troll Monk
03/13/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Coalbeard

..resto shaman are easy to kill? What?
90 Pandaren Monk
03/13/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Coalbeard
- Pre 5.2, my Warrior would have easily destroyed the Mistweaver, which makes sense since Warriors were OP. Now, post 5.2, my Warrior spent 1/2 the match passified.

So it was okay for your warrior to be OP last season but it's not okay for this one tiny abiliy, which you now say is OP this season? Really?

I bet you did not whine about warriors once last season since you play with one.
90 Pandaren Monk
/facepalm

Funny, real funny. Play a monk, then tell me how do you feel.

He can't play a monk. Not alot of classes get as easymode as a warrior you know.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]