TwizzCast Live with Greg Street Wed, 6:30 pm

(Locked)

Community Manager
Hello all,

Tomorrow night we'll be putting the good folks over at TwizzCast on the phone with lead systems designer Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street. Following up on the developer interviews conducted just prior to patch 5.2's release, Greg will be talking a little about his initial impressions of the patch after its first week on live realms, in addition to fielding questions submitted to the TwizzCast team by players.

Suggesting Questions
If you have any questions you'd like to see the TwizzCast crew ask Greg in the interview, you can submit them the following ways:

Tuning in Live
You can catch this special episode of TwizzCast live on http://twitch.tv/TwizzCast 6:30-7:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time Wednesday, March 13. While the interview will be made available shortly after the broadcast concludes, we'd love to have you tune in live and join the twitch chat room! While sitting in on the call next to Greg, I'll also be in the chat room with one or two of my community manager cohorts to talk to viewers during the interview.

Knowing the Format
Please keep in mind that this is a live podcast interview and not a community Q&A. While TwizzCast staff is collecting questions from the community, all questions will be determined and prepared in advance, and they will not be able to cover everything in 30 minutes. What questions are chosen is at the sole discretion of Twizz, Reb and Martiean, and the three of them are hard at work ensuring this interview will be well worth everyone's attention. :)

I hope to see you in the chat tomorrow evening!
90 Draenei Death Knight
Sounds like fun thanks :)

Lol Siri pronouncing the word putting it sounds like p-hutting xD
Edited by Mælstromedes on 3/12/2013 10:13 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
I just want to say Greg must really love his job and the community because he puts up with a lot of crap and yet he STILL does things like this for the community that tends to not be so nice in return. Just want to say thank you!
Edited by Kalah on 3/12/2013 7:38 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
I just want to say Greg must really love his job and the community because he puts up with a lot of crap and yet he STILL does things like this for the community that tends to not be so nice in return. Just want to say thank you!

Meh..

Edit: Stuff like this doesn't impress me much.
Edited by Thadium on 3/12/2013 8:19 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Agreed. Thanks for putting up with all of us, GC! You're awesome!
90 Human Warlock
Gonna be talking about why you keep hitting on my poor class?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So, in order to ask questions we have to go somewhere else to post them? Dumb.
90 Gnome Warlock
So, in order to ask questions we have to go somewhere else to post them? Dumb.

they do this so people who don't have just a US battle.net account can also ask questions.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks to the good folks over at twizzcast for ...filtering out what the players really want to say to GC, without Blizz having to be on the hook for the filter..... errrr um I mean thanks for hosting this event.
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
Maybe someone can bother to ask him why he doesn't see it as a problem that there's alot of the realms dying.
Community Manager

I sincerely appreciate you saying that! I put a lot of effort and care into setting up interviews, Q&As, and other opportunities to share information with the community in coordination with our fansites. One aspect that makes me really love what I do though, is that Greg, Cory, Ion, Dave, Tom and the rest of the developers are very enthusiastic about being given opportunities in their busy schedules to engage with the community.

With their eager cooperation, I look forward to further extending the ways in which we can reach our audience in a more candid manner. :)

Meh..

Thanks to the good folks over at twizzcast for ...filtering out what the players really want to say to GC, without Blizz having to be on the hook for the filter..... errrr um I mean thanks for hosting this event.

....And then there's this stuff. There's just no pleasing some people. Even after 6 years of community management with Blizzard, I'm still perplexed by this type of utterly and stubbornly misguided negativity.
90 Draenei Death Knight
03/13/2013 12:14 AMPosted by Zarhym

I sincerely appreciate you saying that! I put a lot of effort and care into setting up interviews, Q&As, and other opportunities to share information with the community in coordination with our fansites. One aspect that makes me really love what I do though, is that Greg, Cory, Ion, Dave, Tom and the rest of the developers are very enthusiastic about being given opportunities in their busy schedules to engage with the community.

With their eager cooperation, I look forward to further extending the ways in which we can reach our audience in a more candid manner. :)

Meh..

....And then there's this stuff. There's just no pleasing some people. Even after 6 years of community management with Blizzard, I'm still perplexed by this type of utterly and stubbornly misguided negativity.

I think the biggest issue is people who just come here and cause trouble. I've made plenty of good suggestions and people tend to reply just to be Debbie downers about it. Saying things like its a great idea but because it is blizz will ignore it. I don't think I'm ignored by y'all so I still stop by now and then.

Thanks for listening to us and boosting the damage on my rune strike :)

But yeah I'm grateful for whatever opportunity I can get to have y'all see what I have to say.
Edited by Mælstromedes on 3/13/2013 12:29 AM PDT
90 Draenei Death Knight
Will there be a transcript posted to the blizzard site as well?

P.S. I'm up so late because I'm waiting for my guild to hit 25 :P
Edited by Mælstromedes on 3/13/2013 12:48 AM PDT
100 Worgen Mage
Thanks for doing these.
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC

Meh..

You see it because every time these are held they pretty much never address any negative issue and spin everything. Server population has been a problem now for years and has been now getting to the point that some servers are terrible to play on. Blizzard's response? Nothing, silence and lies about so called premier services.

How is it a premier service to expect to be able to experience what others are getting for just being on the right server?
90 Human Priest

Meh..

have GC go on stopcast, or 5 wow things, or wow uncensored. i think that would please a lot of people...
1 Tauren Warrior

People pay their money and they are entitled to their opinion, you don't have to agree with it or post it.
Edited by Thunderherd on 3/13/2013 1:31 AM PDT
100 Orc Shaman
People pay their money and they are entitled to their opinion, you don't have to agree with it or post it.

the same could be said of you.
100 Pandaren Monk
I gotta admit, for the first time, I actually couldn't care less what GC has to say on just about anything. These last few "hotfixes" have just about blown any faith I have in him as a competent designer.

Not trying to be mean, just was looking forward to my monk for 3 months... only to have him basically crush the class in a single hotfix. Dead last in PVP and PvE damage says it all.

Not all of it is misguided. You wreck a class in any form of competative gameplay, don't expect those who play it to thank you for it.

Being disappointed for a few days because you can't destroy things properly is mildly like a child throwing a temper tantrum. People like the new content, but don't like the idea that when you add content to anything code-based you are bound to get errors.
No, I really don't like the fact that a few of my classes have bugs, that dungeons are a little messed up or that quests are a little screwy; I'm willing to deal with it (like I have from the very start) to get to play an awesome game with content that is always changing.

This too, shall pass.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]