TwizzCast Live with Greg Street Wed, 6:30 pm

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Someone ask about why the warbringers aren't tap to faction kills? That would solve the griefing problem.
Community Manager
So, in order to ask questions we have to go somewhere else to post them? Dumb.

No. You don't. Questions get answered every day, some directly, and some indirectly via game changes in some cases. We're always keeping an eye out for issues, feedback, and questions. This is just one of many interviews we've been conducting with various fansites, which simply offers an additional way in which we can spread information to as many people as we can. Unfortunately, we can't always answer every question, or sometimes can't answer a question "right now". But, we do what we can.
85 Human Mage
03/13/2013 08:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
So, in order to ask questions we have to go somewhere else to post them? Dumb.

No. You don't. Questions get answered every day, some directly, and some indirectly via game changes in some cases. We're always keeping an eye out for issues, feedback, and questions. This is just one of many interviews we've been conducting with various fansites, which simply offers an additional way in which we can spread information to as many people as we can. Unfortunately, we can't always answer every question, or sometimes can't answer a question "right now". But, we do what we can.

Let me just change - Do what you can - to - Do what you want to.

You can answer tons of things about the game that you choose not too. Let's just take CRZ as an example. But you don't want to, so you don't.

Cheers.
Community Manager
03/13/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Mageybrit

You can answer tons of things about the game that you choose not too. Let's just take CRZ as an example. But you don't want to, so you don't.

Cheers.

Please don't reinterpret what I've written. I choose my words very carefully. This thread is about an interview that's being conducted. It's best to keep it on that topic. I understand you may have concerns about other topics, but those are best kept in separate threads. If you have specific concerns that can be addressed they will be, but can and "choose not to" are definitely two distinct things. Also of note, not talking publicly about something (in general) does not mean that discussions haven't occurred or continue to occur. I appreciate you taking the time to post though.
85 Human Mage

Cheers.

Please don't reinterpret what I've written. I choose my words very carefully. This thread is about an interview that's being conducted. It's best to keep it on that topic. I understand you may have concerns about other topics, but those are best kept in separate threads. If you have specific concerns that can be addressed they will be, but can and "choose not to" are definitely two distinct things. Also of note, not talking publicly about something (in general) does not mean that discussions haven't occurred or continue to occur. I appreciate you taking the time to post though.

OK. Sorry. It was a bit at a tangent to the thread here. So, let's just say that I'm looking forward to what Greg has to say on any topic, and I hope some of my favorite topics are covered.

Cheers.
Community Manager

OK. Sorry. It was a bit at a tangent to the thread here. So, let's just say that I'm looking forward to what Greg has to say on any topic, and I hope some of my favorite topics are covered.

Cheers.

No worries. Believe me when I say, I do understand your passion. Thanks!
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
The problem is these interviews tend to be nothing but fluff and never address any real serious game issues.
Community Manager
The problem is these interviews tend to be nothing but fluff and never address any real serious game issues.

The problem is, what is of interest/serious to you, may not be to others and vice versa. We know full well we won't address everything for everyone in the limited time we can. We're in this for the long haul though and don't simply believe that just because we do an interview or two (though it's been more than that) that we're going to answer everything everyone wants to know. It's just not possible. Even when we do provide answers, that's no guarantee that everyone will like the answers.
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
03/13/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Nethaera

The problem is, what is of interest/serious to you, may not be to others and vice versa. We know full well we won't address everything for everyone in the limited time we can. We're in this for the long haul though and don't simply believe that just because we do an interview or two (though it's been more than that) that we're going to answer everything everyone wants to know. It's just not possible. Even when we do provide answers, that's no guarantee that everyone will like the answers.

Maybe you should take a moment of your time and read your own forums. Every day threads are being created about low population realms and about the q times that are now starting on what is being called the mega servers. How is it possible that such a issue could be not being addressed unless it's because your just not wishing to do so?

As for in it for the long haul this has been a ongoing problem now for the entire expansion, it's been getting worse and the only long haul I see here is it being ignored and hoping it just goes away, which it wonn't.
Edited by Genada on 3/13/2013 9:12 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock
I think we have all seen tough questions being ignored or dodged, then someone asked what brand of coffee you guys drink in the office and it gets answered lol cant blame people for being skeptical about these types of things.
Edited by Lethalock on 3/13/2013 9:13 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
Tweet (and follow!) @TwizzCast
Email TwizzCast@gmail.com
Reply to this Reddit thread
Watch Martiean's YouTube teaser and leave a reply

Did I miss the huge forum post telling people to follow the other show's, that did interviews interviews, twitter accounts or watch their YouTube?
I don't understand this preferential treatment.
It's no secret that I've no love for Twizz, because I've seen him "behind the curtain" and know what he's really like.
If you did give the other podcasts the same amount of love, I will willingly admit I am wrong.
These Blizzard endorsements have weight behind them.
Community Manager

Did I miss the huge forum post telling people to follow the other show's, that did interviews interviews, twitter accounts or watch their YouTube?
I don't understand this preferential treatment.
If you did give the other podcasts the same amount of love, I will willingly admit I am wrong.
These Blizzard endorsements have weight behind them.

This is an evolving process. We've been tweeting about other interviews as well and you can find a slew of them in the Round-up blog here. We'll see how it goes though. We don't purport to be perfect, but we're trying new things and seeing how they go. :)

I think we have all seen tough questions being ignored or dodged, then someone asked what brand of coffee you guys drink in the office and it gets answered lol cant blame people for being skeptical about these types of things.

Our job is to interact as well. Sometimes, that means talking about coffee for a bit. ;) As I said before, we answer what we can, when we can. Telling you little things that don't impact the game is easy. It doesn't require research, collaboration, crafting a clear message, and coordinating (in some cases if the information is big enough) with a global team. I can understand skepticism. I think what Zarhym was getting at is the hostility that sometimes comes across. Again, we get it, but it's not the best way for us to communicate with each other either. It only needlessly ruffles feathers. As always, you can send feedback on community team performance to wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com as well.
Edited by Nethaera on 3/13/2013 9:31 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]