Midweek Boss Nerfs Punish Guilds For Trying

90 Human Warlock
I raid with a casual guild and we were excited to jump into ToT and T15 content. We raid Tues, Wed, Thurs. We downed Jin-Rokh and it seemed like a joke. Horridon, however, was a nightmare for us. It took us 35 wipes to kill him. But we pressed on and downed him. The next night we attempted Council of Elders for over 25 wipes, and downed them. Both kills with an average ilvl of ~500.

It felt amazing and rewarding to get those 2 kills when other guilds struggled. Other guilds our ilvl or higher were having problems, and making topics on the forums about Horridon being overtuned.

What happens? Mid-week boss nerf! We spent 12 hours killing 3 bosses. Monday rolls around and immediately multiple guilds killed Horridon and Council with ease, and were at our profression level with far fewer wipes and effort. Those guilds got the same number of gear drops with less time just because they raid later in the week. Now Horridon and Council are a joke! We 1 shotted Horridon and Council tonight and it was just as easy as Jin-Rokh the first week.

I understand that sometimes nerfs and buffs must occur. But Blizzard, please wait until Tuesday to nerf or buff content so we're on an even playing field. We struggled with Tortos tonight. It took us 40 wipes and 2.5+ hours to kill him. The kill felt great when we finally downed him. If you want to go ahead and nerf him now so guilds that raid later in the week catch our progression with ease, so be it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Don't get your panties in a twist

The whining was from low 490s guilds. People over 500 found it doable.

The nerf was 24 hours before reset, that's barely "mid-week". Wowprogress tracks kill times so you're still winning the race.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Hey look, the world punish being used in a videogame incorrectly.

Also, 12 hours of wiping as a 'casual' guild makes me laugh sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Sorry, but I want Blizzard to fix their game whenever they can do said fixes, and not when you want them to do said fixes because it makes you feel butthurt when they don't clear it with you first.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I still don't like people complaining about not killing bosses one week after the patch hits. You have atleast 4 more months of this ;p enjoy it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
I still don't like people complaining about not killing bosses one week after the patch hits. You have atleast 4 more months of this ;p enjoy it!

TBH I was expecting a nerf with 5.3, but despite believing we had a reasonable chance this week I thought the boss was overtuned for its target and didn't follow the 2 relevant blue posts. Indeed if their had been no blue posts I would not have said anything. I normally prefer to not comment on tuning until I have actually killed a boss.

But what is the justification to just leave a overtuned boss in? Afterall the have made hotfixes on the fly while HC guilds are trying for the first kill in prevuous , they hotfixed Heroic content in a week in T14.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"we are not happy doing changes to encounters in the midst of progression"

And before anyone says, "if you wiped to that boss prenerf you aren't progressing", please understand that other people's viewpoints differ from your own.
Edited by Isiildur on 3/12/2013 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Monday isn't mid week.

The nerf went out at like 7 pm as well.

If anything late monday is better than tuesday because its more likely it will actually be WORKING tuesday.
Edited by Ðemolition on 3/12/2013 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Monday isn't mid week.

mid-week
middle of the week
anything that is not the start (Tuesday when realms are up) or the end (Tuesday when realms are down

It was mid-week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think midweek nerfs are fair, but i don't think monday counts as midweek, it's pretty late for anyone to get any sort of advantage.
Reply Quote
Monday isn't mid week.

mid-week
middle of the week
anything that is not the start (Tuesday when realms are up) or the end (Tuesday when realms are down

It was mid-week.

I can do that too:
Wrong
Anyone one who disagrees with me
You are it

Monday night is the end of the week, you know it. Word games don't make you look smart.

Oh and to complain about it being easier for others than it was for you, makes you sound a bit douchey. I'll open a ticket to ask blizz to give your guild a special title, or a tabard. Yeah a tabard would be nice.
Edited by Kaeylum on 3/15/2013 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The development team already stated that they got the health ratios wrong, so it wasn't a nerf so much as a fix to make the encounter how it should be. If you didn't kill horridon and council before the fix then you definitely needed it, as those encounters are supposed to be a skill check rather than a dps one. If you want to still be challenged, you still have maegera to go through which is quite "interesting" on 10 man, as well as Durumu, the world's cutest evil eyeball thingy. Just accept the fix for what it is, a fix.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Fixing health pools =/= nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

mid-week
middle of the week

It was mid-week.

I can do that too:
Wrong
You are it

Monday night is the end of the week, you know it. Word games don't make you look smart.

Oh and to complain about it being easier for others than it was for you, makes you sound a bit douchey. I'll open a ticket to ask blizz to give your guild a special title, or a tabard. Yeah a tabard would be nice.

The absurdly bad logic in your post made me laugh. Cheers to you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I can do that too:
Wrong
You are it

Monday night isn't the middle of the week. That's just common sense. If you bought a pizza with 7 slices, and you're almost done with the 7th slice, would you say the pizza is half-way eaten or "mid-way" eaten? That's the same logic you're applying to saying monday is the middle of the week, especially when the raiding week starts on a Tuesday
Edited by Dezie on 3/15/2013 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Monday night isn't the middle of the week. That's just common sense. If you bought a pizza with 7 slices, and you're almost done with the 7th slice, would you say the pizza is half-way eaten or "mid-way" eaten? That's the same logic you're applying to saying monday is the middle of the week, especially when the raiding week starts on a Tuesday

Yes I would. How would you define said pizza?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Almost gone.
Reply Quote

LOL. And when you're the last guy in line, you're actually in the middle because the end of the line is behind you?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

LOL. And when you're the last guy in line, you're actually in the middle because the end of the line is behind you?

Not unless there's someone behind you, in which case you're in the middle of the line, but if no one is behind you, then you're at the end of the line. If you are with a group of people and extend yourself to include them as well, then you can also be at the end of the line, while not being at "the end of the line", but that's based on social constructs.

To be honest, I'm finding this wordplay to become increasingly off-topic.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
Remember kids, never admit that you used a painfully obvious logical fallacy - just tell everyone else they're trolling!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]