When did Holy Paladins become Disc Priests?

90 Draenei Shaman
Whats a buff?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Whats a buff?

Well...I remember back in mid-t11 when they buffed every single one of your spells by...what was it, 25%? Something insane.

And then you were still the weakest spec.

I suspect they could do the same thing now. Of course, it would be better if they actually fixed the structural problems.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I suspect they could do the same thing now. Of course, it would be better if they actually fixed the structural problems.

You're talking madness. I mean, if they'd fixed the structural problems with Disc (like we asked for) instead of giving us across-the-board buffs, then we wouldn't have been so OP!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/13/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Poena
News FLASH. DIVINE AEGIS ISN'T A SPELL. Disc Priests don't cast Divine Aegis. What happened with that again?

Except Divine Aegis wasn't changed primarily because PoH was seeing such heavy use. PoH was seeing such heavy use due to a combination of SS being too strong/scaling too well and DA on PoH being too strong/scaling too well. The root problem wasn't PoH getting used too much. The root problem was Discipline output was too high in both areas. It's clear the changes from 5.1 to 5.2 were primarily aimed at bringing this output down.

How does this relate to Paladins and IH? Well, unless it's causing Paladin output to be too high it really doesn't matter. It's a non-issue unless the developers see eye to eye with the following quote...

Like I said, I don't mind it. It makes my job easier with three holy paladins in the raid group, I just found it odd since, in my mind, disc priests were the absorb healers and paladins were the "BOMB THEM WITH GOLDEN SHINY LIGHT NOW!" healers.

And if the developers see eye to eye with this quote it's not a balancing problem. It's more of a "This is how we think each spec should feel/play and what we're seeing doesn't line up with that" problem.

Our new claim to fame is !@#$ty DPS and healing?
You do realize monks can also DPS to heal and they put us to SHAME with their DPS output?
Here is our Tortos kill from last week...
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/t2pkybc3zwfqxwkn/sum/damageDone/?s=3265&e=3769

Take a look at Facepuncher and at me. He's doing nearly 100k vs. my ~27k. Yes this is only with AoE packs, but it is still incredibly powerful. Single target he does competitive DPS with me and competitive healing.

Doesn't seem like much of a thing to be proud of.

Did you seriously 8 heal that fight? And Tortos is a horrible example to use for supporting your point by the way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]