Joining an in-progress lfr - frustrations

I've been trying to get the ToT lfr done this week, but of the five groups I've joined so far all have been past the first boss. The first couple of times this happened I stuck it out and finished the raid, which is a fair time commitment. The next times it happened I left and got stuck with a 30 minute debuff before I could try again. This is extremely annoying and a waste of my time, please let us see how many bosses are down before we join, and stop dictating how I spend my time playing your game.

I know you will argue that then some groups will fall apart after wiping and no one new will join, but you've already addressed this problem with the stacking buff you get after wipes. And lets say I actually get to do the first boss this week, as soon as that boss goes down I'm going to leave, and someone else is going to get stuck joining a group in progress and continue this cycle of annoyance.

Perhaps the best solution would be to make it so that if someone has downed a boss already - and gets put into a group that is currently on that boss - then they can see how many bosses are down and decide if they want to join or not. Then on the flip side of that, if they haven't done the boss, they don't get to see the current progress of the raid before joining.

Anyways, rant over, hope someone at Blizz actually sees this.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
1 hour queue on my monk...to get a group on council.

why you do this, blizzard. :|

i'd love a "prefers fresh groups" option, to be honest.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
By completing lfr you get a higher chance of being put into a fresh run, they have already solved the issue.

03/16/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Wistrin
And lets say I actually get to do the first boss this week, as soon as that boss goes down I'm going to leave, and someone else is going to get stuck joining a group in progress and continue this cycle of annoyance.

You see this as a bad thing, its not.
Reply Quote
Well clearly the system still needs some work since I've yet to get into a fresh one after queuing five times. And as I'm sure you know, dps queue times are a bit of a pain. Luckily I had a healer queue me for a couple, but they also only needed the first boss.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
What if you could prioritize a fresh run but you don't get the valor/gold at the end. So a fresh run would be akin to a queuing for a specific 5 man.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
They really should change the "almost guaranteed" to get a fresh run after finishing the last boss, to "guaranteed." Other than that, I'd say working as intended.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
ill take double the queue time if i get a fresh run guaranteed.

deal?
Reply Quote
Well just figured out if you get people to boot you from the raid you don't get the debuff at least. Seven tries not, still no first boss.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
They really should change the "almost guaranteed" to get a fresh run after finishing the last boss, to "guaranteed." Other than that, I'd say working as intended.

No, it needs to be an option. Nothing was better than getting a run already on Sha of Fear when I was trying to get Shin'ka off him.

Which incidentally I think my preferred take on this would be something equivalent to "Prefer in-progress run", rather than "prefer New run".
Edited by Scharpp on 3/16/2013 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
By completing lfr you get a higher chance of being put into a fresh run, they have already solved the issue.

Evidence suggests that the queues are broken.

I suspect because of the number of people that are dropping From when I joined my run in progress easily 20 people dropped group before we got a full group. Heck when i joined we had 5 healers and 5 minutes later we had 2 while waiting for the sytem to give us 8 dps, we actually dropped to about 12 people
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]