Having trouble with Feral PvP damage

100 Tauren Druid
Yeah....after experiencing Feral damage on the recieving end, I thought I would have no problem on my own dealing tons of damage on my own Feral.

So I did a 2s match with a resto shaman friend and did wayyyyy worse than I thought I would. We went against Hpally/Destro lock, and the best I could do was get the lock down to around 50%. We just decided to leave after a while since I was curious about how much damage I was doing compared to the lock. I did a little over 5 million damage while he did a little over 8 million, which is kind of pathetic.

I know my gear isn't amazing but what am I doing wrong. I keep up Savage Roar(use it first before I open)->Pounce->Rake(I keep this up)->spam Shred/Mangle->5 point Rip->Spam Shred/Mangle->5 point Ferocious Bit->Repeat.

I feel like what happens is by the time I get my fourth combo point I'm really low on energy. Then I have to wait a couple seconds to use Mangle/Shred for my fifth combo point. Then I have to wait another five seconds to use my five combo point Rip...you get the point.

What's going on :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
SSC
Hpally/Destro lock

What I would suggest is to get SotF and DoC. When I am in 2's as a feral and there is a healer. I will get 5 combo points, use Maim ( wait to use Healing Touch ) get five combo points, use instant Healing touch, Rip, Rake. Switch targets and repeat. I only maim if the bleeds are still ticking on the other character. Obviously if they are down the best thing to do is to nature swiftness HT at 5 combo points and Rip, rake. (you have a instant proc on at this moment) switch, get five combo points, use HT, then rip/rake.

Always wait to use your instant heal when you are at 5 combo points.

I use this strategy when there is a healer involved. The bleeds on both targets are hard on the healer, unless one or both kite you or are spread apart from each other.

Mastery is the most important secondary stat.

Anytime there is a healer, and you have burst abilities, healers will always save their CD's when you pop yours. With SotF and DoC you will do more damage over time, but obviously your burst will be low.
Edited by Loroen on 3/16/2013 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
What I would suggest is to get SotF and DoC. When I am in 2's as a feral and there is a healer. I will get 5 combo points, use Maim ( wait to use Healing Touch ) get five combo points, use instant Healing touch, Rip, Rake. Switch targets and repeat. I only maim if the bleeds are still ticking on the other character. Obviously if they are down the best thing to do is to nature swiftness HT at 5 combo points and Rip, rake. (you have a instant proc on at this moment) switch, get five combo points, use HT, then rip/rake.

Always wait to use your instant heal when you are at 5 combo points.

I use this strategy when there is a healer involved. The bleeds on both targets are hard on the healer, unless one or both kite you or are spread apart from each other.

Mastery is the most important secondary stat.

Thank you for the reply I have to try this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
SSC
You are absolutely welcome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]