My Take on Hunters

80 Night Elf Druid
BM is far more powerful than any other hunter spec in the game. Play MM for a while and just watch how bad it is. I wish I could hit 3 buttons most of the time and just pop short CD's for burst but i cant because im MM
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
03/22/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Oogresh
I'd like you to explain double deterrence and why that you should be allowed to Beast Wrath, Stampede, Trinket, Blinkstrike, and then Deter. Then, Readiness to Trinket, Beast Wrath Blinkstrike, and then Deter a second time and have taken absolutely no damage with no way to counter it?

Because you cant use stampede, blinkstrike while deterrenced.

So, if I blew all my cooldowns to do no damage on you because I also deterred, and then popped readiness and did it again, still doing no damage...

All I have done is blow all my cooldowns. I am now a free kill.

To be perfectly honest here is what actually happened

The big bad BM hunter popped BW + stampede + trinket (for some reason probably on use one) + blink strike to start to burst its target but instead for following trough wit KC + RS + arcane spam the hunter was kind enough to self CC by using deterrence to allow the opposing team a chance to heal up.

Then he proceeded to use readiness to reset his CDs (sans the on use trinket & stampede) and started his burst sequence again only to be plagued by remorse and auto CC himself again by pooping deterrence mid burst.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
BM is far more powerful than any other hunter spec in the game. Play MM for a while and just watch how bad it is. I wish I could hit 3 buttons most of the time and just pop short CD's for burst but i cant because im MM

Im not sure what comp you guys are playing, or what type of arenas (2v2, 3v3, 5v5), but in almost every arena scenario I've been in (given i still have a lot to learn about arenas) 100% of the chance of winning comes with lining up ccs, communicating, and timing bursts. I cant just run into arenas, pop my cds, and get a kill. It's the hunter's job a lot of times to peel, cc, force the enemy team out of position. You have to stay in LOS of your healer while not being too close to melees, and at the same time trying to get out of the LOS of enemy casters. Along with these positioning requirements, I have to know where all my teammates are and sometimes move around the map without giving up bad positioning. I feel that everyone that talks about hunters doesn't have much experience with them. It's much more difficult than pressing your buttons and winning. In certain maps, I have to get the enemy team on a different level of the vertical axis via use of my explosive traps, which are extremely difficult to use if the target you are aiming at isn't stunned. Just my two cents, it is nowhere near as easy as what people have been describing.
Reply Quote
13 Troll Mage
if you don't play bm you're handicapping yourself. just because you decided to play an inferior spec means nothing
Edited by Lonelymom on 3/22/2013 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Deterrence
Instant 2 min cooldown
Requires Hunter
Requires level 78
When activated, causes you to deflect melee attacks, ranged attacks, and spells, and reduces all damage taken by 30%. While Deterrence is active, you cannot attack. Lasts 5 sec.

pet can still attack
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Deterrence
Instant 2 min cooldown
Requires Hunter
Requires level 78
When activated, causes you to deflect melee attacks, ranged attacks, and spells, and reduces all damage taken by 30%. While Deterrence is active, you cannot attack. Lasts 5 sec.

pet can still attack

Auto attack only so Kill Command, blink strike / linx rush, rabid basically every attack or utility move is not going to be usable till deterrence runs is course or is removed
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
BM Hunters were doing just fine in the final season of Cataclysm. Maybe not top tier, but they could certainly be played to 2.2k.

Then Blizzard had the bright idea of giving them access to Silencing Shot, Readiness, permanent 15% DR (Aspect of the Iron Hawk), and an undispellable 8 second AOE root every time they disengage.
Oh, and of course they were given Stampede and Blinkstrike.
AND Hunter minimum range was removed, the biggest buff of all.

.......and you honestly wonder why BM Hunters have been completely faceroll in MOP?

I understand that hunters are definitely one of the most powerful classes in MoP, I won't argue against that point. Do I think that they are leaps and bounds above everyone else? No, but I may be biased to that point.

Also, I think people are definitely misusing the term "faceroll". Notice all of the things you pointed out that hunters have to do. That means that there are more things to keep track of. Faceroll, to me, means that you can just bind one macro to all of your buttons and literally roll your face across the keyboard, constantly hitting that macro to be successful.

I think it's much harder to be a good hunter than it is to be good at a lot of other classes. Just due to the fact that we have so many things to do. My UI is completely bloated, and I don't even have all of the macros I need up. I'm out of convenient keybinds to use for them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
[quote]BM Hunters were doing just fine in the final season of Cataclysm. Maybe not top tier, but they could certainly be played to 2.2k.

Then Blizzard had the bright idea of giving them access to Silencing Shot, Readiness, permanent 15% DR (Aspect of the Iron Hawk), and an undispellable 8 second AOE root every time they disengage.
Oh, and of course they were given Stampede and Blinkstrike.
AND Hunter minimum range was removed, the biggest buff of all.

.......and you honestly wonder why BM Hunters have been completely faceroll in MOP?

I understand that hunters are definitely one of the most powerful classes in MoP, I won't argue against that point. Do I think that they are leaps and bounds above everyone else? No, but I may be biased to that point.

Also, I think people are definitely misusing the term "faceroll". Notice all of the things you pointed out that hunters have to do, which are additions to what hunters already had. That means that there are more things to keep track of. Faceroll, to me, means that you can just bind one macro to all of your buttons and literally roll your face across the keyboard, constantly hitting that macro to be successful.

I think it's much harder to be a really good hunter than it is to be really good at a lot of other classes. Just due to the fact that we have so many things to do. My UI is completely bloated, and I don't even have all of the macros I need up. I'm out of convenient keybinds to use for them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]