Zandalari Warbringer Mage Soloing

90 Worgen Mage
Yeah, just using NT and FFB, sounds like it'd take you like 20 minutes. I live on a pvp server, yay, so I doubt I'll ever have that much time alone with one. I was surprised I had the 6-7 minutes to kill one yesterday.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Luckily got a mount and 2 toons exalted thru the rep insignias before they became unslowable. I hope they change that back, i was having some fun soloing them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Are the rep insignias bop?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Last i checked the rep insignias were boa. Maybe they changed that too though idk. All i know is there easy gold. Have 2 or 3 stacks of them at 50ish and they sell for almost 1k.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
So does nothing work on them? If that's the case, perhaps go Fire?

Also going to get that 1 minute PVP trinket from PVP rares
Edited by Digerati on 3/19/2013 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Yeah, just using NT and FFB, sounds like it'd take you like 20 minutes. I live on a pvp server, yay, so I doubt I'll ever have that much time alone with one. I was surprised I had the 6-7 minutes to kill one yesterday.

Nah, I have icelances in there too and a sprinkling of frostfire bolts. You have to remember, they stop to cast just about everything.

Killed 5 this morning. 1 Solo and 2 with a warrior and 1 with a warrior and a monk tank. My solo took about 7 minutes. My solo warbringer and the 2 I did with the warrior did NOT have the fear. The fourth one did, and we kept getting him low and running out of cooldowns to deal with the fear. The monk tank came and it was fine until the warrior pulled aggro, the monk forgot taunt didn't work and they both went down. I finished him off from 50% just by keeping myself moving and using both blink and blazing together for any fear casts.

I feel for you on a pvp realm. I wonder though why anyone would want to do anything solo on a pvp realm :S
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
03/20/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Raves

Nah, I have icelances in there too and a sprinkling of frostfire bolts. You have to remember, they stop to cast just about everything.

Killed 5 this morning. 1 Solo and 2 with a warrior and 1 with a warrior and a monk tank. My solo took about 7 minutes. My solo warbringer and the 2 I did with the warrior did NOT have the fear. The fourth one did, and we kept getting him low and running out of cooldowns to deal with the fear. The monk tank came and it was fine until the warrior pulled aggro, the monk forgot taunt didn't work and they both went down. I finished him off from 50% just by keeping myself moving and using both blink and blazing together for any fear casts.

I feel for you on a pvp realm. I wonder though why anyone would want to do anything solo on a pvp realm :S

It's painful as hell this expansion. -_- I get stomped left and right with the new resilience equation, I can't even scratch a geared pvp'er.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
blue reply about the warbringers & why you can't CC them anymore:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197182227?page=26#509
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Oh, cool, I'll just not get any more warbringer kills till next expansion. Kay.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I solo'd 2 this morning as fire, took blazing speed, cold snap, temporal shield, and incanters ward.

Just kept kiting him with blazing speed and blink and save incanters ward for if he gets close and gets off one melee, use ice block to avoid fear and equip a pvp trinket to help out also. If you can't ice block or trinket out of it just pop temp shield while feared right before you get melee'ed and you should be fine. It takes a while but its doable.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I'll try it with Fire once I get the PVP trinket

Alliance Insignia of Conquering

1m cd which is nice

Looking forward to trying it out. Do the Warbringers leash at a certain range? I can't figure that part out. Seems like they do.
Edited by Digerati on 3/20/2013 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I'll try it with Fire once I get the PVP trinket

Alliance Insignia of Conquering

1m cd which is nice

Looking forward to trying it out. Do the Warbringers leash at a certain range? I can't figure that part out. Seems like they do.

What do you mean by leash? Like reset? If so, then yes they do. The only one I have had issues with resetting is the one in dread wastes because of the hills in the area.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Yeah, as in do they reset if you drag them too far from their spawn point, like the Thunder Isle rares. The few times I've had them reset maybe it was just hilly terrain.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Yeah they definitely reset after a range, a good indication of the range i stay in is the island in krasarang dont go out in the water to the point where you start swimming, so just imagine that distance on all the other bosses and you should be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I solo'd the dreadwastes one, best to use the beach areas as much as you can, puppet master power lets you snag any extra adds you might pull during the fight.
Reply Quote
I kited the Townlong one all the way to fatigued water (don't ask xD) and it never reset. A knockback off of Kun-lai was capable of resetting that one though. I think it has to do with out ranging his threat target more than range from the spawn.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Just soloed a couple with Blazing Speed and Blink while Scorching as Fire. Thanks for the info
Reply Quote
23 Troll Druid
Here is a sloppy Krasarang Wilds kill. I thought this location would be easier since there is nothing to accidently aggro, but it proved to be the toughest of them all since your kiting circle is so small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEONbdY-j2U
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Here is a sloppy Krasarang Wilds kill. I thought this location would be easier since there is nothing to accidently aggro, but it proved to be the toughest of them all since your kiting circle is so small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEONbdY-j2U

Yeah, somehow I don't see myself doing that as frost.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Finally got my last Warbringer mount today, the Jade Direhorn. Feels good man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]