Zandalari Warbringer Mage Soloing

90 Troll Mage
Nice gratz, I got the slate direhorn a few days ago myself.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
necro for great justice.

finally went out and solo'd my first warbringer on my mage. took ~13minutes.... the only real tricky part was dealing with the fear he casts....
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Ways to mitigate the fear:

-PVP trinket (2m cd)
-The 1m outdoor PVP trinket that drops from the Kras Wilds PVP Rare - 20%ish drop rate?
-Ice Block
-Taking Cold Snap for a 2nd Ice Block
-Mirror Image during the fear cast (little risky)
Edited by Digerati on 4/28/2013 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just save blink for the cast and you can out-range it quite easily, it only has a 30yd cast range.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
:o Or that!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Was rotating ice blocks (and coldsnap) wih PVP trinket and Will of forsaken (undead best race).

but still ended up wiping a few because of things being on cooldown. Some attempts, never casts the fear, others ive had it cast 3-4times in a row. grrr RNG.

Also going to try to use shaman to solo. ghost wolf is quick enough to get out of range... keep up flame shock and spam instant lava bursts should do nicely.

And i wont have to worry about ever getting feared!
Reply Quote
There's really no reason you should have it cast on you at all unless you make a mistake, I solo warbringers all the time and I don't even have move speed on my boots. Do it as fire so you can nonstop spam Scorch while running, Blazing Speed if he gets too close, save blink for fear cast so that it gets outranged.

I have 100% success with this as long as I have a good kite path, there's no RNG involved whatsoever, it's just based on execution.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
how? the warbringer moves faster than a mage does. the only way time to create distance is during a cast, where he stops movement altogether.

casts dont come frequently enough to depend on those and nothing except blazing speed every 25seconds.
Edited by Jkspiritlink on 4/28/2013 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I'm one of those that staggered Blink and Blazing Speed for kiting in circles, and then using the aforementioned options for breaking the fear. I was afraid of leashing, so I used both those gap spreaders to keep him in the same area
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
^ yeah. thats how i have to do i too, but you still get some attempts of tooo many fears and others of none.

is alveiah suggesting to kite in a straight line for 15 minutes?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I thought you could no longer slow them down?!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
You can't. The thread's pretty old so the OP is outdated.
Reply Quote
is alveiah suggesting to kite in a straight line for 15 minutes?

You just never stop moving and spam Scorch, it doesn't take 15mins, it takes something more like 5. It is possible to depend solely on the casts and Blazing Speed, if you have movement on boots it's even easier I imagine, since I don't. There are good places to kite in a circle depending on which warbringer you are killing.

Kun-Lai: Kite around the yak wash.

Krassarang: Kite around the island just to the east of where he spawns

Dread Wastes: Honestly this one is the biggest joke, just take Speed King from the Klaxxi and spam double jump.

Townlong: Just kite in a circle around the outside of that area where he spawns, turn during a cast, very easy.

Jade Forest: Kite around the nearby ruins I find is easiest.

Regarding leashing, it doesn't matter how far you go, as long as you keep spamming casts he won't leash. The only way he'll leash is if you get feared since that's 8+ seconds where you aren't hitting him with a cast, otherwise it won't be a problem.

I literally do this daily, over and over without issue, so it's not only possible, but efficient. I do take Cold Snap so I have 2 ice blocks in case I mess up and get feared, which does happen, but that's what it's for.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
You just never stop moving and spam Scorch, it doesn't take 15mins, it takes something more like 5. It is possible to depend solely on the casts and Blazing Speed, if you have movement on boots it's even easier I imagine, since I don't. There are good places to kite in a circle depending on which warbringer you are killing.

what you say here sounds very close to horse poop.

uhh... make a video, cuz if this is how you're able to do it, then i need to see it happen.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I can confirm that this method definitely works - I've gotten not only a mount but also enough rep tokens to get all my alts to exalted and some nice money off trade mats from soloing warbringers.

I've done it as both fire and frost, but fire is definitely better. Alveiah's method is spot-on - the talents I take are blazing, barrier, ring of frost (whatever), cold snap, and incanter's. Then you just run around and spam scorch/instants, use mirror images to get an alter time combust off, etc.

You actually barely need move speed increases if you get smart about using the local terrain - it takes the warbringer longer to get down a hill than it takes you to jump off it, particularly if it's a tall one and you slowfall off it. Once I got used to it you really only use blazing/blink to dodge fears or if you need to cut a corner in your giant kiting oval.

I can't make a video but if you want to come to Akama I can show you!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i still dont see it being possible.... they move faster than run speed even with boots enchant...

only thing i can maybe see is if you blazing speed off hills, you can build up quite a bit of distance, but they move fast enough that theyll catch up within 25 seconds, even at 40yards.
Reply Quote
i still dont see it being possible

What would I have to gain from lying to you?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The quality is a little bad but here is a video of a frost mage soloing a warbringer post hotfix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jd2YUvaUd0
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
What would I have to gain from lying to you?

why does gaining anything have to do with anything/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
As you can see in the video that was posted, it is possible for a mage to solo him. When I get the kinks in my system worked out I will make a better video
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]