Could you smooth out mistweaver healing?

90 Pandaren Shaman
I've found that a lot of abilities don't react as quickly as I'd like them to. For example, it takes the game a little too long to register that I am able to cast uplift, and I notice it quite a lot when I pvp.

It would also be nice if you could take enveloping mist and mana tea off of the global cooldown, and have soothing mist not trigger the global cooldown.

Otherwise, fun healing style :D good work!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Am I the only one experiencing this stuff?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yeah I'm definitely experiencing uplift not registering that renewing mists is active.

I highly doubt they'd take enveloping mist or soothing mist off of the GCD since they are active healing spells...but I think mana tea would be a good idea, especially if it's glyphed. Silly I have to waste a gcd so often just to keep my mana tea stacks down.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah I'm definitely experiencing uplift not registering that renewing mists is active.

I highly doubt they'd take enveloping mist or soothing mist off of the GCD since they are active healing spells...but I think mana tea would be a good idea, especially if it's glyphed. Silly I have to waste a gcd so often just to keep my mana tea stacks down.

Mana Tea will never be off the GCD because then every Monk with the Glyph would just macro it into all their spells with zero downside. Blizzard doesn't like that kind of thing.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
Mana Tea will never be off the GCD because then every Monk with the Glyph would just macro it into all their spells with zero downside. Blizzard doesn't like that kind of thing.

Pretty sure nobody would do that because it's still not worth it to mana tea before 2 stacks. Well, I mean.. I'd hope nobody would do that.

Silly I have to waste a gcd so often just to keep my mana tea stacks down.

Yes. It's SO silly to have to manage your resources.

That said, the uplift thing definitely is annoying. I hate needing to mash uplift for 3-4s before it recognizes that there's a renewing mist out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Considering every other class only has to pop one cd every 2-3 minutes to restore mana, whereas monks have to use it every 10 seconds (granted they have at least two stacks) it is silly. I'm not saying "Screw Blizzard! CHANGE THIS NOW!" And I'm not saying I want it changed either, being that most people have adjusted to adding it to their healing "rotation" in the same way a druid keeps lifebloom on a target. All I was saying is that it makes more sense for a move that causes no direct increase to throughput to be removed from the GCD than two of a monks major healing spells.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
That said, the uplift thing definitely is annoying. I hate needing to mash uplift for 3-4s before it recognizes that there's a renewing mist out.

Funny you guys mention that. I'd observed that Uplift only registers Renewing Mist after RM has spread to its second target, i.e. after the first jump.

My observations and conclusions may be off---I admit that just ran with the assumption that it was an intended feature and learned to wait a second (not four, as has been asserted here) until until the first jump of RM has occurred.

EDIT: I'd further assumed that Uplift was intended to behave this way to prevent it from being used as a kind of single target heal. You can only use it when it will benefit more than one person (i.e. after the first jump.)
Edited by Kungbrew on 3/21/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Considering every other class only has to pop one cd every 2-3 minutes to restore mana, whereas monks have to use it every 10 seconds (granted they have at least two stacks) it is silly. I'm not saying "Screw Blizzard! CHANGE THIS NOW!" And I'm not saying I want it changed either, being that most people have adjusted to adding it to their healing "rotation" in the same way a druid keeps lifebloom on a target. All I was saying is that it makes more sense for a move that causes no direct increase to throughput to be removed from the GCD than two of a monks major healing spells.

As was already noted, taking glyphed mana tea off the gcd isn't going to happen because there would absolutely be no downside in macroing it into other spells such as RM that are used often but not spammed. If the tea is there and off cooldown you get the mana if not nothing bad happens and it is highly unlikely that in any serious content you would be in a situation where you are over-generating mana by doing so. The only possible downside would be not actually using it on cooldown but saving all those gcds for healing instead would most likely provide a noticeable output boost.

Of the points made by the OP the only one I can agree with is fixing the delay on uplift being available/unavailable. The others are too much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Yes. It's SO silly to have to manage your resources.

The mana tea debate is only going to get worse as crit rates increase and more expensive chi generators are used in conjunction with chi spenders.

In short, spending 6 GCD's a minute on just a mana restore is actually a pretty big investment considering that it's only a small part of managing your resources. By comparison, a paladin invests 5 seconds casting per 2 minutes for their maintenance mana gain.

I think, by the end of this expansion, we'll see changes to how mana tea works. It's a shame too because they are doing the classic "it will become a problem later but we'll fix it when it becomes a problem."
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
The nature of a monks healing (the fact that we pretty much have to cast very little beyond a few seconds of channel here and there) means that we lose very little by using mana tea every 10s.

It's not a hard resource to manage, additionally, it can be used as a mini potion if you choose to unglyph it.

You'd have a point if we spent 98% of our time casting spells with cast times, but we don't. We're largely based around instant casts. You could possibly use druids as the counter argument, but they have pretty stellar regen to begin with, so it doesn't really matter.

Mana Tea is fine. I really don't understand anyone who hates it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/21/2013 07:33 AMPosted by Mist

Pretty sure nobody would do that because it's still not worth it to mana tea before 2 stacks. Well, I mean.. I'd hope nobody would do that.

I'm not sure what you mean. Of course no one would do that because you can't use Mana Tea with less than 2 stacks if it's Glyphed.

If it was off the GCD then Glyphed Mana Tea would do nothing with less than 2 stacks so there would be almost zero downside to putting it in a macro.
Edited by Indyana on 3/21/2013 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Of course no one would do that because you can't use Mana Tea with less than 2 stacks if it's Glyphed.

You can use mana tea if you have 1 stack if you have it glyphed.

Unless I'm just confused by your statement here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

No you can't. The glyphed version of the spell requires two stacks.

Glyph of Mana Tea Mistweaver
Requires Monk
Your Mana Tea is instant instead of channeled and consumes two stacks when used, but causes a 10 sec cooldown.
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Priest

No you can't. The glyphed version of the spell requires two stacks.

Glyph of Mana Tea Mistweaver
Requires Monk
Your Mana Tea is instant instead of channeled and consumes two stacks when used, but causes a 10 sec cooldown.

That's incorrect. It will still consume one stack if that's all you have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The nature of a monks healing (the fact that we pretty much have to cast very little beyond a few seconds of channel here and there) means that we lose very little by using mana tea every 10s.

Are you effing kidding me? I'm dead serious here, I have no idea how you can think we're casting very little. I'm either casting a spell every GCD (spell or melee) or I'm channeling. I can't imagine not casting for that much time. Maybe I'm just playing significantly differently than you are but I'm constantly pressing something.

I'm specifically not glyphing mana tea because I'd rather choose when to use it and when not to use it rather than be forced to used a GCD during a higher damage time just because you can't play catch up with the spell.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The uplift bug is obnoxious as hell.
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk

I stay "you can't" because it isn't reasonable to do it @ 1 stack when it consumes 2 stacks. 8% mana > 4% mana.

Every monk worth their salt waits.

Are you effing kidding me? I'm dead serious here, I have no idea how you can think we're casting very little. I'm either casting a spell every GCD (spell or melee) or I'm channeling. I can't imagine not casting for that much time. Maybe I'm just playing significantly differently than you are but I'm constantly pressing something.

There's a difference between instant casts and cast time spells. Glyphed Renewing Mist fists in perfectly to the current ideal playstyle because it fits in seamlessly between DPS and Renewing Mist casts. So seamlessly, you barely notice you're doing it.

I'm specifically not glyphing mana tea because I'd rather choose when to use it and when not to use it rather than be forced to used a GCD during a higher damage time just because you can't play catch up with the spell.

Sucks for your raid, I suppose. Sorry to hear that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I stay "you can't" because it isn't reasonable to do it @ 1 stack when it consumes 2 stacks. 8% mana > 4% mana.

Every monk worth their salt waits.

I didn't quote you. I understood your comment. The person I quoted said that you can't use it if you have 1 stack, I said that's incorrect, didn't say it was the right way to go.
Edited by Kuruption on 3/21/2013 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
@Mist

I'm sorry that I don't have the same playstyle as you but don't be so stuck up to think that you have the only right playstyle. It's arrogant and it's wrong. I'm sorry that I have to work harder to heal my group because they aren't as good at getting out of stuff and the DPS in my raid isn't top of the line. But please, seriously, stop ignoring someone else's comments because they aren't sitting with a fully decked out heroic team blowing through content.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I can't imagine not casting for that much time. Maybe I'm just playing significantly differently than you are but I'm constantly pressing something.

I think he meant cast time, since most are spells are instant cast if smothing mist is being channeled.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]