How many resto shamans are being sat out?

90 Draenei Shaman
Either for a stronger healing class or for more dps?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I refuse to sit out our resto shammy for anything. Heck, I refuse to let him leave for a different type of healer lol; in my opinion, he's doing fine. Weaknesses can always be tweaked.

I go by what works for our groups needs- not what other folks are doing.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/19/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I haven't been sat, but they are making our off healer go holy more often. :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
My guild's still on HoF and Terrace yet, chugging along, but so far I am out-performing all of our other healers (we have a druid and/or paladin usually with me; the druid goes boomy for 2heals), but we lack a monk or priest main healer entirely.

Thing is, even when we get into the ToT and even if I start to notice myself falling behind, I severely doubt I will be sat over any of the other healers. xD

Even on nights I am lagging my raid leader often says "Do not even try to volunteer to step out" in officer chat. xD
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Even on nights I am lagging my raid leader often says "Do not even try to volunteer to step out" in officer chat. xD

Last week, our resto shaman (I guild raid with my priest) decided he was going ele/enhance. I put my foot on that one pretty quickly. I refuse to let him stop healing.

I think he feels like I'm domineering him on my priest (I'm not trying to).
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/19/2013 10:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not being sat, but I'm going Enh as much as I can now. They are making me heal Tortos, however. You can imagine how I feel :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MTT strong, strong raid CD's, acceptable tank healers.

Fine as far as I'm concerned, taking the whole package into consideration.
Reply Quote
My terms to raid is that I stay healer because apparently I am so good at it :)
Usually we have three healers with us for 10M, and when we need one to go DPS, we ask the Priest
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Usually we have three healers with us for 10M, and when we need one to go DPS, we ask the Priest

These two statements contradict each other...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
I stay competitive with our druid and disc(When I heal in eithers place) on normals and the heroic bosses I attempted. If you're being sat that means you're in a top 100 guild and it's expected.
Edited by Sensations on 3/20/2013 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
to attonement spam harder.
jk
but not really

I think the better question is, how many people that read the forums have healers of equal skill and healing gear on a different healing class (ideally priest/paladin) than the potential sitting shaman. Or how many shaman's have an alt priest paladin that is <13 ilvls from their main. 13 ilvls is roughly 20% output. 20% output is the "acheivement" gap between the specs. Also keeping in mind the impact on future loot distribution and future ilvls.

The skill thing is important. 20% is a lot smaller than the gap between great and good, good and poor.

I've considered rerolling, but I don't really think I can easily get another character geared fast enough, high enough. And unless I roll Monk, I'm never going to get tier tokens (we have 5 pallies, 3 locks and 4 priests, and we NEVER see conq tokens). But monks aren't nearly as amazing...

My pally alt (~490ilvl) would be my best hope, farm up 4pc-509-T14 set and just ride it until the end of the tier. Clearly I'm thinking about it. The other healers would cry though... "but mana tide"
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I stay competitive with our druid and disc(When I heal in eithers place) on normals and the heroic bosses I attempted. If you're being sat that means you're in a top 100 guild and it's expected.

But the problem with this is the guild "fanbois". You know the ones I'm talking about: they feel the need to emulate the top guilds so they assume: "Well if Blood Legion isn't taking a resto shaman, that must mean resto shaman are bad."

It's really dumb when you think about it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

It is and it isn't. They are sitting them for a reason. Does that mean that that kind of healer can't work? No not at all. People tend to blurr the lines when it comes to that. They are on the bleeding edge where gear is low and having to come up with strats.

But on a side note our 25 consists of two shaman, two priests, druid and pally and noone will be sat over this.
Edited by Sadiemay on 3/20/2013 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Blood Legion actually employs a Resto Shaman.

I don't think they've raided with a Resto Druid the entire expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
But on a side note our 25 consists of two shaman, two priests, druid and pally and noone will be sat over this.
That's what we have too, plus another pally. And a shadow priest who plays a mean disc if necessary.

At the moment I don't think it will change our comp much. My only concern is the end of the heroic tier. Lei Shen on normal just had a brutal amount of raid movement during the normal phase with spreading, and personal movement during the intermission that made landing enough heals a challenge. And another push-away mechanic that makes cast time heals terrifying to cast (I WILL stack 30% haste for that fight on heroic).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My guild will not sit anybody because of class/fight design issues but we are not going for high rankings on progression and we are 25 which leaves some room. I was sat in Firelands in 10 Man and I think this is probably happening.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I'm not being sat, but I did offer to my raid leader to have me either level up this guy or my Pally to heal with instead of my Shammy. She pretty much told me no way, because she knows my Shammy is my favorite toon (I'm a glutton for punishment, apparently). It just sucks because I know I could contribute more to our raid team with a Pally/Priest.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
03/20/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Sadiemay

It is and it isn't. They are sitting them for a reason. Does that mean that that kind of healer can't work? No not at all. People tend to blurr the lines when it comes to that. They are on the bleeding edge where gear is low and having to come up with strats.

A lot of the time these guild "fanbois" are no where near cutting edge though. That's what I find sad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm only slowly progressing on 10 man normals. Don't think my guild will ever bench me, but I've been trying enhance more lately. I've been with these guys during DS switching from my priest and sham. Used to always be top heals until this tier. I mean, even if I am being outhealed more than I ever did before, I still bring MTT and other great CDs. And so far our wipes aren't entirely healing issues but more of misunderstanding mechanics or just standing in bad.

Don't think anyone should worry too much unless they're really pushing hard mode progression. Not saying shamans don't need some help with spread fights though.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I'm not being sat, but I did offer to my raid leader to have me either level up this guy or my Pally to heal with instead of my Shammy. She pretty much told me no way, because she knows my Shammy is my favorite toon (I'm a glutton for punishment, apparently). It just sucks because I know I could contribute more to our raid team with a Pally/Priest.

You might put up higher hps numbers but shaman cooldowns are raid savers a lot more than any other healers'. If you are just looking at hps numbers then you're doing it wrong. Your tools keep people alive and that is what healers are all about. # of deaths is a way more important stat than hps.

As an example, I was in an lfr the other day that had major trouble on the 6th boss in ToT.

Looking at recount for the next to last attempt, the top 5 healers combined to do 101 million in heals yet the raid wiped at ~30%. On the actual kill the total healed was ~80 million. If you looked at the logs side by side just looking at the healing numbers you would expect that the wipe was the kill and the kill was the wipe because of the significantly higher amount healed, dramatically lower hps numbers, etc...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]