How many resto shamans are being sat out?

90 Draenei Shaman
I have been healing with my resto shaman for a while now and with the new patch 5.2 that has come out i am utterly outraged with the healing numbers as far as output goes. i know that we are mainly raid healers but i remember in bwd when i was a main tank healer for quite a few fights. i am around 500 ilvl and im going oom and not able to keep up with the healing numbers in TOT. im adv around 35 and 40k hps in encounters where pallys and priests are at 60k adv. we have some of the best raid cd's but healing stream totem place and forget has gone away. and our single target heals are just plain weak or to mana coustly. i try not to even chain heal now because its not worth the mana. in 10 mans i cannot use healing rain for most of the fights because everyone is spread out. i can go on complaining but something needs to be done. make HST a place and forget or give us less cast time on some of our longer heals or something. i am getting by passesd and kicked out of tot raids because my healing # are to low. (an i know that its not a #'s game with healers its if everyone can stay alive but when people die because they stand in aoe for to long they blame it on the healers). i love healing and i love being a shammy please give us something to compete with priests and pallys throughput in 5.2 so i can go back to having fun healing and not having people pissed at me bacasue im not pulling good enough numbers. does anyone else feel this way?
(note i play my class very well. its not an experiance thing why i cant keep up. its a shaman nurf that is killing me)

i posted this to another thread but im glad someone else feels the same way that i do
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
i have swithched and re gemed and reforged into the 2nd cap for haste (3787 i think) and put everything else in crit. i did a HOF yesterday and might i say it was much much improved. i was able to keep RT on most everyone and every time it crited i would get about 5k mana back. and on 10 ppl thats alot. i was usually always the top healer and always at max mana for the first half of the fight. (i used glyph of RT) and i took spirit off for crit in our case right now CRIT>SPIRIT to a point. i droped from about 14k to 10k and stacked crit and man what a differance that made. ( i can give credit to STOCK from opponent) he talked to me on vent for a littlebit and told me some helpful tips. (he is one of the top healers on stormrage on WOL) but my advice haste to 2nd breakpoint ( the extra tick of HTT and HST really put up the #'s) and crit crit crit.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I advise you to quit suggesting a 2nd breakpoint when it is broken
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

There is a great thread for resto shamans on EJ that explains thoroughly this.
Quoting: 'HST and HTT breakpoints are correct however if you have above 50 world latency chances are that you are going to lose a tick if you are very close to your haste breakpoint more often than not'
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
03/22/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Szam

There is a great thread for resto shamans on EJ that explains thoroughly this.
Quoting: 'HST and HTT breakpoints are correct however if you have above 50 world latency chances are that you are going to lose a tick if you are very close to your haste breakpoint more often than not'

Sadly that is not true. I play with 15 home ms, and a max of 17 world ms at all times. The ticks for me are inconsistent even at my low ms ;s.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sadly that is not true. I play with 15 home ms, and a max of 17 world ms at all times. The ticks for me are inconsistent even at my low ms ;s.

And to take it a step further i stacked haste up to 4500 and it was still inconsistant. That is also with 5% haste buff from a mookin.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I tested the 3764 breakpoint last week when I noticed that several of the Resto Shaman in top 10 guilds seemed to have recently changed their reforging to go to that specific breakpoint. The results that I got (testing 25 HST and 10 HTT drops) is that 3764 was consistently giving me the extra tick, and anything less than that was consistently not giving it.

I play at 90-120 latency (live on the east coast and Ner'zhul is an LA data center).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I tested the 3764 breakpoint last week when I noticed that several of the Resto Shaman in top 10 guilds seemed to have recently changed their reforging to go to that specific breakpoint. The results that I got (testing 25 HST and 10 HTT drops) is that 3764 was consistently giving me the extra tick, and anything less than that was consistently not giving it.

I play at 90-120 latency (live on the east coast and Ner'zhul is an LA data center).

So is a mastery/haste build becoming more favorable now over crit for 10-man resto shammies?
Edited by Dezie on 3/22/2013 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

So is a mastery/haste build becoming more favorable now over crit?

I am playing around with Spirit > Haste to 3764 > Mastery > Crit > Haste. Mathematically, Crit is more throughput than Mastery on targets above about 65% HP (35% for single target heals), but I am trying to see if I can get more power on HTT/HST with higher mastery.

Also, with Spirit stacked to the ridiculously high level that I have it at now, the buff to Resurgence from Crit becomes less significant.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

So is a mastery/haste build becoming more favorable now over crit for 10-man resto shammies?

Tiberria raids 25s, but I think you should probably consider who your healing partners are before anything else. If it's a Disc Priest, you may be better off going with the Crit build.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/22/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Tiberria
I tested the 3764 breakpoint last week when I noticed that several of the Resto Shaman in top 10 guilds seemed to have recently changed their reforging to go to that specific breakpoint.

It's because of the two pc making it worth doing. Try testing it again and write it down in a spread sheet.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So once 2p is attained the 3764 haste breakpoint is worth achieving?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
So once 2p is attained the 3764 haste breakpoint is worth achieving?

not 100% sure but it should increase the amount healed on the extra HST target.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I do fairly well in our raids.

Though a week or so ago we had a pug Monk who's raided with us a few times say "Me and the priest could probably two heal this"

-.- I said a couple times that I'm NOT going dps, I've been raiding here since DS as Resto and I'm not changing now for a friggin' Monk who's been here for a few raids >:o

My friend is Enhance and is among our top DPS for our raid team.

We mostly raid now with me and two Priests(One Disc and one Holy). I tend to be second or not too far behind for third on meters.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/22/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Sadiemay
I tested the 3764 breakpoint last week when I noticed that several of the Resto Shaman in top 10 guilds seemed to have recently changed their reforging to go to that specific breakpoint.

It's because of the two pc making it worth doing. Try testing it again and write it down in a spread sheet.

I tested it again today, for over an hour. You don't even need to be grouped with a spell haste source to test it; you can just go Ele and drop HST and spec into HTT and AS. I am still getting the same results - consistent 10 ticks on HST with AS+3764 haste, and consistent 8 ticks on HTT. As soon as I remove a piece of gear with haste on it, I go down to 9 ticks of HST / 7 ticks of HTT. Every single time, the result was consistent for me again today.

I am also experimenting with speccing into Elemental Mastery over AS and going to 3039 haste. At that haste level, I get back the ELW and HR breakpoints, and I am getting 9 ticks of HTT when used with EM, and 9 ticks of HST, so it's a matter of deciding whether you are better off with the instant cast every 90 seconds and +1 tick of HST, or are better off with +1 tick of HTT, plus Elemental Mastery up potentially for every Ascendance as well if you space HTT and EM 90 seconds apart.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Not a lot of data to suggest Resto Shaman are getting sat either:

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25H/all/14/60/samples/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/all/14/60/samples/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10H/all/14/60/samples/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10N/all/14/60/samples/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

10/25H have too few parses to make any sort of firm judgment call, while normal has more, but it's pretty vague and not reliable. 25N sees a drop that started to happen, for whatever reason, a month before 5.2 even hit. In 10N the drop is more easily explained (since it happens post-5.2), and seems at least a little more drastic (Shaman went from the mid-point between Disc and Druids to just above Druids in terms of population, meanwhile, Disc went up ever so slightly).

Probably not the greatest way to measure this particular data point, but pretty much the only thing like data we have on the subject.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Resto shamans are like support healers/mana batteries now. Their cooldowns are good, but thats the only thing keeping them in the raid. At least in 25m's
Edited by Zolvolt on 3/24/2013 5:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
They are making me heal Tortos

God help you soldier.

It is and it isn't. They are sitting them for a reason. Does that mean that that kind of healer can't work? No not at all. People tend to blurr the lines when it comes to that. They are on the bleeding edge where gear is low and having to come up with strats.

Pretty much this, except when you're on that bleeding edge, gear is low, the slightest mistake means a wipe, are you going to do the riskier, more difficult strategy with a Resto Shaman, or are you going to sit them an do an easier, less risky strategy?

The choice is pretty clear at the moment.

Personally, I've been told to dual main my shaman and priest. I kept up on H Megaera tonight, but there is no way I can be competitive on some of the hardmodes coming up as a shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/24/2013 05:55 AMPosted by Zolvolt
Their cooldowns are good, but thats the only thing keeping them in the raid.

...saving people's lives is the only thing keeping a healer in the raid? What a shock (no pun intended).

It's almost as if there is more to healing than meter whoring and Blizzard knows it. But that could never happen, right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]