There needs to be synergy

100 Goblin Shaman
In my mind, maybe it's time for the devs to just finally sit down and figure out a better way to synergize the healing specs so certain healing classes aren't completely trumping others.

Imagine a three corner room:

In one corner, you have the proactive healing types (mainly disc)- that while they are good, just seem to have no real synergy with the reactive types. Okay, we understand the whole "sucking up the damage" thing, but it also shouldn't be to the point in which other healers cannot compete on fights other than burst damage (in which disc can be weak on).

In the other corner, you have your reactive healing types (holy priest, resto shaman etc) that are the "I see damage, I heal it" types.They have no absorb type mechanics (except pallies)- all of their healing is based off of how much damage people are taking. Put them in a group with an absorb class, it just doesn't work out as hot.

In the third corner, we have the HoT classes (druids mainly). They're great for spread damage.

There has got to be a way to synergize these three to actually work with each others benefits and weaknesses.

The problem reactive healers are having mainly has to do with absorbs. If I get into a group on this one that has 2 disc's and a holy pally, there is no way I'm going to ever be able to compete. Now you add a druid into the mix, he/she is throwing out his/her HoT's while I'm still in the middle of casting my second heal.

By the time that heal goes out, I might as well have not thrown out that heal because that person has already been healed.

So, what am I good for? As a reactive healer, it almost makes me useless. Resto shaman aren't the only ones in that boat. Look at holy priests. Big advantage holy has over resto shaman: more AoE heals one of which they can actually use on the run.

So, tell me: where's the synergy? There really isn't any.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/19/2013 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The problem reactive healers are having mainly has to do with absorbs. If I get into a group on this one that has 2 disc's and a holy pally, there is no way I'm going to ever be able to compete. Now you add a druid into the mix, he/she is throwing out his/her HoT's while I'm still in the middle of casting my second heal.

By the time that heal goes out, I might as well have not thrown out that heal because that person has already been healed.

It's not a competition. You're there to make the raid not die, not to see your name at the top of the meter. If there's more healing than needed for the amount of damage, that's a sign that healers should be switching to their dps specs.

Once you're not ridiculously overhealing everything to the point that one of you might as well not be there, you'll start to see where your strengths combine with others'. Resto shaman/Disc is a good combination (ToT spread healing mechanics aside) since your strengths - bringing up low-health targets quickly, dealing with random-target damage - are their weaknesses.
Edited by Nerfheals on 3/19/2013 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
It's not a competition. You're there to make the raid not die, not to see your name at the top of the meter. If there's more healing than needed for the amount of damage, that's a sign that healers should be switching to their dps specs.

Once you're not ridiculously overhealing everything to the point that one of you might as well not be there, you'll start to see where your strengths combine with others'. Resto shaman/Disc is a good combination (ToT spread healing mechanics aside) since your strengths - bringing up low-health targets quickly, dealing with random-target damage - are their weaknesses.

Oh no no- I think you might have missed my point; my fault I worded it wrong but went into what I meant in the next paragraph. I'm the last person to lecture about HPS- because I know in the long run HPS isn't a measure of much. I also know HPS isn't dps.

The whole point I was trying to make on that was the total lack of synergy. There's almost no synergy when it comes to a proactive healer and a reactive healer. Sure, shaman and druids have always had good synergy together; as have pallies and disc priests.

Just something I've noticed when I have my raids resto shaman healing with my disc priest- this is two healing mind you. I don't feel like there's any real syncing when it comes to those two healing styles. It feels rough (I think that's the word I'm looking for).

I'm not really talking numbers- I'm just talking about the general feel of the two types together. i think if the healing classes had a lot more synergy with each other, there wouldn't be as much of this "Sit such and such class" out attitude.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/20/2013 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
That has less to do with synergy between classes and more to do with shamans being terrible for this tier. There's almost no stacking involved in almost all of the fights so shamans can't use HR effectively.

No matter what healer you put with your resto shaman... There will be no synergy with the FIGHTS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]