Onyx Panther Duping?

so I bought a Jeweled Onyx Panther earlier for 55k which seems really low, and now I see the same guy selling another one for the same amount. Am I missing something? I thought they were more than that to make. I don't see how he is making a profit, unless I am mistaken. Just curious if anybody knows...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Considering it costs about 80K to make.. a little strange, or generous.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Most likely is exploited somehow, if you try to put them on the AH an error with "Cannot put an item with charges used on the Auction House" or something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
There is a guy on my realm on trade right now trying to sell one for 60k. I have heard that duped items cannot be listed on the AH.. so I asked him why he wasn't listing through the AH and he said "Because I need the money now". He has been spamming trade for 60k for over 2 hours now... so what he said doesn't make sense.

He's also a level 1 toon and despite open accusations of duping in trade he goes on spamming like no one's saying anything. He doesn't try to defend himself or anything.

There is definitely duping going on and it has already been reported on the EU forums but has yet to be addressed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Considering its going on KJ for 40k I'd say yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yea it'd be cool to get a blue response on this, just to know that the matter is being looked into. I believe the previous cases of exploitation/duping were Blood Spirits... now it's this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Considering its going on KJ for 40k I'd say yeah.

Alliance side it's going for 55k.

I knew I rolled the wrong faction.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Tell them you will buy it if they put it on the AH. THat will let you know if they are duped. The duped ones can't be sold on the AH as far as I know.

Yeah I did that. I even offered to pay 5k more than he was advertising and he just kept spamming trade and didn't respond. Duping I say!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Anyone know how we get blizz to respond to this? Do you think it would help if we report them in chat for cheating or spamming? I don't want to just complain about it, I want it fixed. I am a JC and this really isn't cool.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Anyone know how we get blizz to respond to this? Do you think it would help if we report them in chat for cheating or spamming? I don't want to just complain about it, I want it fixed. I am a JC and this really isn't cool.

Right Click - Report for Cheating; Explain your suspicions.

It's pretty easy to trace the exploit being used so if enough people report the guy on your realm he should explode.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
theyre gold sellers... using stolen items from hacked accounts, they have to sell quickly and move the gold fast before they get caught
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Tell them you will buy it if they put it on the AH. THat will let you know if they are duped. The duped ones can't be sold on the AH as far as I know.

I don't think this is so. With the epic gems in Cata and the Crimson Dreadsteed, see them on the AH all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
theyre gold sellers... using stolen items from hacked accounts, they have to sell quickly and move the gold fast before they get caught

Yet the only item they ever steal is the Jeweled Onyx Panther?
Reply Quote
Duped items are easilly tracked by gms as the hack programused duplicates the item, since each item (even Item of the same name) have a diffrent item number attachted. Duped items have the same number or blank numbers like 0000000.)

it should be noted WoW duping is not Diabilo 1 and 2 duping.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
40-55k... I knew I should of said to hell with upgrading alts. *looks at empty wallet*
Reply Quote
04/11/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Belorion

Yet the only item they ever steal is the Jeweled Onyx Panther?

though Jeweled panthers wouldnt b4e duped. no point. make enough gold of the first few you mad4e and you can sell the rest cheeper and still make money to make more. Thats ecomonimy selling, sell for cheep in bulk make more money then sell for more in singles.

Dupers only do the crimson charger and other actually difficult mounbs such as the tcg ones.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
[quote]
[quote]

though Jeweled panthers wouldnt b4e duped. no point. make enough gold of the first few you mad4e and you can sell the rest cheeper and still make money to make more. Thats ecomonimy selling, sell for cheep in bulk make more money then sell for more in singles.

Dupers only do the crimson charger and other actually difficult mounbs such as the tcg ones.

I don't think so. You can't buy Orbs of Mystery in bulk. They are 18K gold a pop, period. If you were legit, why would you create something knowing that it would not only not make a profit, take a 40K gold loss and waste all of your time farming everything to make it?

I still think they are duped. There are other threads about this stating that the people bought them and were not allowed to put them in AH. They would get an error.
Edited by Kivvrin on 4/11/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
There's no such thing as duping, Blizz wouldn't allow it if there was. They would hotfix it instantly.
Like Blizzard wouldn't allow botting and win-trading?

Edit: It's nice to believe in a company but it's another thing to think stuff like duping can't exist.
Edited by Calfredd on 4/11/2013 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]