restarts

90 Human Paladin
"Hey all This is Blizz, I know we just did maintenance on Tuesday, but you dont mind if we restart the servers everyday between now and next Tuesday". :/

I dont mind the 6 hr downtime every tuesday, but these daily restarts are getting a little annoying
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
... Yes. Because implementing fixes for the game are so much less important than your enjoyment.
Reply Quote
25 Dwarf Hunter
I was in the middle of a dungeon when they decided to do restarts... -.-
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
... Yes. Because implementing fixes for the game are so much less important than your enjoyment.

I understand the need for fixes and such and welcome them to make the game better, I am just saying for those of us that only get so many hours a week {for me due to medical stuff} it gets a little annoying to lose even more of the little time we get.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's only like 5-10mins. What's the big deal?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Problem is NO WARNING. I did'nt see any message on the launcher about a restart when i logged 30 min ago. These daily restart even if short are annoyng when unnanounced.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Eh, my Demonic Gateway was bugging out on Kan anyway so I'm not that broken up about it.
Reply Quote
I was in the shower when they did a restart. I hate that.
Reply Quote

What does you being in a dungeon 12 hours ago when they decided to do restarts have to do with anything?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8196653993 ;)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Welcome to 5.2, where every day is Tuesday.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's only like 5-10mins. What's the big deal?

Its not a big deal, but I am just saying those of us that get only so many hours a week, we lose 6 of them on Tues {which is fine for me cause I know maint. is needed} but then to lose 15 mins every other day of the week sometimes is a little annoying
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I really don't get all the complaining. They don't do it to annoy you. They do it for a reason even if they don't tell you. Deal with it and move on. It's not like your life is coming to end.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/20/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Solaru

What does you being in a dungeon 12 hours ago when they decided to do restarts have to do with anything?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8196653993 ;)

And when I logged in this morning there was no message box like normal
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Well at least the restart is going to fix a bit of the lag problem rather then they just let it be, i can't believe it so laggy to the point that i can't even do instance or bg.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
whatever blizz has to do to keep the game going is fine with me..

it's better than being down for a few days by waiting and letting something go wild..

i remember a few times WoW going down for a week..

i'll take the restart every time hehehe
Reply Quote
And when I logged in this morning there was no message box like normal

OK. That post was made in the service stats forum 12 hours ago. Since they only put it in the box when it is "green lit" and 100% going to happen, you might want to check the forum first. Especally the few weeks after a major patch.
Reply Quote
It has been laggy as hell well before today. Tuesday is there for a reason. I understand a restart to fix issues, but rolling restarts after a designated downtime day. Hmm. I consider Tuesday a complete wash-day anyway.
I don't attempt to log on til 6-7 pm my time.

hopefully it does fix this lagging situation.

I also understand people's fusteration with downtime. and the constant restart, but it is fresh after 5.2 patch. it'll be a good month for them to iron out the bumps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm sorry, imo save all those fixes for tuesday when you do the maint. the constant rolling restarts and tiny patches and surprise maint's are getting extremely annoying, like the op said there are those of us that only have so much time in the week to even touch the game. We pay to play, not pay to wait.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]