Help me... TOT

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So.. as you can see from the below log, we spent the night wiping on Tortos. I feel like I am at a huge disadvantage on this fight because of all the moving, AOE healing, etc. I am gemmed/reforged for the standard Mastery build. Am willing to change it. I think I am pretty well geared, yet our raid is dying. Not sure if it is heals, or other retardedness. Just looking for advice/opinions so that the same does not happen this week.

I am willing to listen to any suggestions to what I am doing/talenting/ etc.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qjdxrxlvzrt5uxxs/sum/healingDone/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No your gear is good, it is more a DPS/mechanics issue from what I see. Our group 2 healed this fight to get the extra DPS. Make sure someone is slowing the turtles and that the tank picks up the bat's asap, the bats hurt for a crapton so be ready to heal him for massive spike damage till the dps get the bats down. After 4-5 turtle phase's we just burn boss after we have a few spare turtles for kicking.

Here is our logs for the 2 times we got him down:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4g7c1kk88wswbbne/sum/healingDone/?s=8771&e=9130

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5aqyv0jz86fdm76y/sum/healingDone/?s=9156&e=9527
Edited by Kuroyukihime on 3/20/2013 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
You casted Holy Shock 28 times in the last attempt.
Your 4pc allows you to cast HS every 4 seconds. Therefore in a 3:50 attempt, you were dead for 10% of, the maximum number of HS casts would be 52 times.
If you could bridge that gap and use it like 40-42 times.

Apparently Holy Prism hits like half the room if you cast it on Tortos. That's what I hear.

Also, EF is better than LoD, generally speaking. It hits about 35% harder total, beacons for 4 times as much, maintains IH for 30 seconds (45 sec til it falls off technically) on the target, and Prot of the Innocent Glyph means when you cast it you basically heal yourself for 2/3 of what a LoD proc would hit you for. Cut down on the LoD and step up the EF.

You only got a total of 4 Holy Power from Holy Avenger. Either make better use of it or take divine purpose. Just 2 divine purpose procs would have trumped your Holy Avenger HP generation. With the 4pc you might as well use Divine Purpose because you should be dumping way more Holy Power, if your holy shock usage was where it should be.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks! I am def. trying to get used to my increase usage of holy shock since my 4 piece came late in the final tier. I was blowing LoD after the quake to try and push the group up, similar to the use of Avenger but depending on how the rocks fall (if on me or around me, versus sometimes they don't fall anywhere near me) I can make better use of it. I had read about Prism versus Hammer and I might try that change for tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Yeah, Quake is a 45 second CD. So as long as people don't get hit by too many Cave ins, then any EF's you cast after quake should still have some mastery bubbles active for the following Quake.

So if you Absorb like 100k quake damage on a few players, then all of a sudden it makes more sense to EF the remaining players anyways. It's kindof a cycle you could say.

I'd say use Prism right after the quake and then again when it comes off CD. It'll be up for about 5 seconds before the next quake happens so you can repeat that each time as an initial raid heal to recover from quakes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]