Oondasta First Kill

90 Troll Shaman
Something like four full raid groups banded together to take this guy out.

The aftermath: http://i.imgur.com/0lM3Szc.jpg

Seemed like the entire server was there. Hats off to that one Alliance druid that kept trolling the raids.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That druid has balls of steel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I woke up like 5 minutes after he was dead and had to cross-realm it on my DK :(

Pretty entertaining fight though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sigh... I need to play my main more and forget all my alts on Kil'Jaeden.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Why are you so far from the action?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Here's proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SsSG-5-0ro&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Looks like you're taking a nap pretending to be dead.

Didn't know he even spawned yet, was wondering why he was never there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Now that there is no crz for him this will never happen again unless the horde and alliance team up gg low pop servers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Now that there is no crz for him this will never happen again unless the horde and alliance team up gg low pop servers.

Bonechewer isn't low pop?... Well, maybe Alliance. But Horde definitely has enough people to kill Oondasta as long as he doesn't spawn at like 3 am on a Sunday or something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sigh... You dont need 120 people to kill this boss. Its actually harder when you have too many people because of the mechanics. A well organized group of 30-40 is more than enough and thats really not all that hard, especially Horde side.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sigh... You dont need 120 people to kill this boss. Its actually harder when you have too many people because of the mechanics. A well organized group of 30-40 is more than enough and thats really not all that hard, especially Horde side.

if you're going for 30-40, you're going to need 30-40 heroic geared/skilled raiders, because that's what he's aimed for.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/14/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Creedyz

Bonechewer isn't low pop?... Well, maybe Alliance. But Horde definitely has enough people to kill Oondasta as long as he doesn't spawn at like 3 am on a Sunday or something.

Speaking of which, I just saw him earlier...with a couple of skeletons near the GY...I'm guessing horde couldn't get enough midday Monday either.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Here's proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SsSG-5-0ro&feature=youtu.be

Watched the video, looked for a dashingly handsome Troll Rogue in t14 gear. Found him. Giggled like a schoolgirl.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/14/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Jesterjoe

if you're going for 30-40, you're going to need 30-40 heroic geared/skilled raiders, because that's what he's aimed for.

There is nothing heroic about this boss at all, realms just throw multiple raid groups at the boss until it dies. A full group of 40 players would be "heroic" but only in terms of it requiring really good, sustained dps for 5 minutes. You literally sit there for 5 minutes dpsing the boss if everyone is spread out properly. Cooldowns on the tank for every frill, cooldown on the raid for every shout when stacks get high and don't cast during shout and get locked out.

Yet another complete failure of a world boss from Blizzard, hopefully this will be the last of this garbage. Galleon was just whoever was online and tagged it first. Oondasta is just whoever can get there the quickest with the most amount of players. Hint: both grossly favor the dominant faction. I see no reason why all the world bosses aren't on hourish respawn timers, there's really no sense of accomplishment or challenge with them and I don't think blizzard will ever be able to create something in the world that can't be zerged, griefed or completely trivialized.
Edited by Hygeia on 3/20/2013 9:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Hint: both grossly favor the dominant faction. I see no reason why all the world bosses aren't on hourish respawn timers.

Really Hygeia? The amount of entitlement in these two sentences is astronomical. You are basically asking for a complete homogenization of world bosses so that everyone can kill it. Sorry that you are on a horde dominated realm and cant be handed boss kills like a kid in a candy shop. This is incredibly surprising coming from you, since you loved being a special snowflake in your t3 set before the bmah.

You have three options if you want to kill Oondasta before 5.4, realm transfer, screw your stupid furbolg vanilla special snowflake toy (which, if we are turning world of warcraft into world of welfare, ill take one of those on all my toons kthx) and faction tranfer, or sit there and shutup that you are putting artificial limits on what you can do on wow.

Go ahead and say I'm fishing again, you will only prove how ignorant you are.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You really just like to argue for the sake of arguing, don't you? There is no entitlement in either of those statements and you're making an extremely thin connection between the state of world bosses that I presented and whether or not it actually matters to me somehow?

Please tell me exactly where I'm asking for homogenization of world bosses or to be handed free kills? You did read the part where I said there's nothing complicated about this fight, right? There's nothing special, complicated or difficult about faction zerging a world boss. Congratulations, you were online when the raid(s) formed, here is your 522 reward(s).

If it was actually heroic, or actually challenging, it would be fine as the current timer. But it's not. Not at all. In fact, it drops the same ilvl as Nalak and regular ToT anyway so there's literally no difference in loot.

I'm not complaining about not being able to kill him because of faction imbalances. I'm pointing out the inconsistencies in world bosses and blizzards failure in design philosophy.

Try again, codfish.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
03/20/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Hygeia
Please tell me exactly where I'm asking for homogenization of world bosses or to be handed free kills?

03/20/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Hygeia
I see no reason why all the world bosses aren't on hourish respawn timers

Go ahead, make my day. I really need a laugh right now. I didn't play in vanilla, but I guarantee the emerald dragons, doom lord kazzak, and other world bosses were not on an hour respawn timer, and many players never got to kill any of those bosses. And yes, you are complaining (yet again) about faction imbalance and how you are putting artificial limits on the amount of content you can see/do on wow.

And for the record, no I don't like arguing. But when people like you go from being a special snowflake elitist in cata, to a casual hero demanding faster respawning world bosses and free epics, I get slightly annoyed. It's posts like yours that is why absolutely nobody respects Stoic, or anything that guild used to possibly stand for. RDS is the only 25m guild on Bonechewer, you guys sit on your hands acting like you are doing something competent when in reality you are just waiting for nerfs/more legendaries to artificially make you seem better than you actually are.

Try again, salmon. (Get it? You are a salmon because you are swimming upsteam against the current that is the population of Horde on Bonechewer.)
Edited by Creedyz on 3/20/2013 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
You really just like to argue for the sake of arguing, don't you? There is no entitlement in either of those statements and you're making an extremely thin connection between the state of world bosses that I presented and whether or not it actually matters to me somehow?

Please tell me exactly where I'm asking for homogenization of world bosses or to be handed free kills? You did read the part where I said there's nothing complicated about this fight, right? There's nothing special, complicated or difficult about faction zerging a world boss. Congratulations, you were online when the raid(s) formed, here is your 522 reward(s).

If it was actually heroic, or actually challenging, it would be fine as the current timer. But it's not. Not at all. In fact, it drops the same ilvl as Nalak and regular ToT anyway so there's literally no difference in loot.

I'm not complaining about not being able to kill him because of faction imbalances. I'm pointing out the inconsistencies in world bosses and blizzards failure in design philosophy.

Try again, codfish.

zcreed always wants everything to be about him. stop responding and he'll probably go away.. eventually
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
And if by some miracle of god, Hygeia's crying has been answered.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6788219789#19

Go get him, champ!

zcreed always wants everything to be about him. stop responding and he'll probably go away.. eventually

I forgot the part where I was the one asking for quicker bosses and more epics, my bad :X

Edit: As I typed this and saw that post, I started going to IoG, and what's waiting? Oondasta... Here you go Hygeia, come get your welfare swag on.
Edited by Creedyz on 3/20/2013 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]