Oondasta First Kill

100 Tauren Warrior
I killed the dino today yaaay.

Now might be a good time to mention they're bringing Jurassic Park back to theaters, this time in *~3D*~*

between samuel L jackson and jeff goldblum, jurassic park is a wonder to behold!

also hi bob
Edited by Slashroar on 3/20/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/20/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Creedyz
Please tell me exactly where I'm asking for homogenization of world bosses or to be handed free kills?

I see no reason why all the world bosses aren't on hourish respawn timers

Go ahead, make my day. I really need a laugh right now. I didn't play in vanilla, but I guarantee the emerald dragons, doom lord kazzak, and other world bosses were not on an hour respawn timer, and many players never got to kill any of those bosses. And yes, you are complaining (yet again) about faction imbalance and how you are putting artificial limits on the amount of content you can see/do on wow.

And for the record, no I don't like arguing. But when people like you go from being a special snowflake elitist in cata, to a casual hero demanding faster respawning world bosses and free epics, I get slightly annoyed. It's posts like yours that is why absolutely nobody respects Stoic, or anything that guild used to possibly stand for. RDS is the only 25m guild on Bonechewer, you guys sit on your hands acting like you are doing something competent when in reality you are just waiting for nerfs/more legendaries to artificially make you seem better than you actually are.

Try again, salmon. (Get it? You are a salmon because you are swimming upsteam against the current that is the population of Horde on Bonechewer.)

Original world bosses have nothing to do with current world bosses, it's a completely different game. Blizzard wanted the intention of them to be closer to what they were like before, in difficulty. I'm totally fine with that, but the difficulty of Oondasta (easy) does not match the spawn timer for him (long). If he was truly difficult and "heroic only", then his current timer would warrant it. But it's not. Like I said, it's just a matter of who can get people there first and just graveyard zerg it down. I'm not complaining about faction imbalances, I stated the fact that imbalanced factions have an easier time zerging the boss. The reason why should be pretty obvious. You made the false assumption (again) about putting artificial limits on content I can see and do and tried to draw a connection to that again. I don't care if Alliance doesn't kill Oondasta until 5.3 or 5.4. I don't care if I ever get loot from him, now or in the future. I was simply stating that his spawn timer doesn't match his difficulty given that people are just graveyard zerging him. He either needs to be buffed to be harder to zerg, leashed so he can't be graveyard zerged or his spawn timer needs to be adjusted for the current difficulty. Adjusting the spawn timer makes the most sense to me. A one hour spawn timer isn't going to magically allow the Alliance to have a better chance at killing it because our problem would still be a numbers issue.

Your second paragraph is just completely off-base, vitriolic and grasping at straws. I wasn't "demanding" faster respawn times, just identifying the gap in philosophy and actual difficulty. You turned it into another argument about progression and imbalances when that's not what it was about anyway.

You don't actually read my posts, you read what you want to read and infer from it what you want to out of some weird problem with us, which is mostly just Kono and possibly me at this point, for calling you out for being ignorant and annoying. I'm not really interested in whether people respect me, Stoic or Alliance, but I would still wager a bet that more people respect me than they do you (individually) and as far as I know RDS and us are relatively amicable.

Congratulations on derailing another thread into your childish rants, though. ::golfclap::
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There is nothing heroic about this boss at all, realms just throw multiple raid groups at the boss until it dies. A full group of 40 players would be "heroic" but only in terms of it requiring really good, sustained dps for 5 minutes. You literally sit there for 5 minutes dpsing the boss if everyone is spread out properly. Cooldowns on the tank for every frill, cooldown on the raid for every shout when stacks get high and don't cast during shout and get locked out.

That's my point though. If you're going with that many, you do need a good group, as it is no secret he does hit insanely hard.

But it is also no secret he's just a zerg fest in the end.

It makes no sense at all also that he is meant for "heroic raiders", yet drops 522s.

I see a lot of ranting in this thread overall though, seems to be happening more often now. If they really wanted to fix him, get rid of the tag to faction from him. That's just my two cents though. When he dies on my shamans server, there's just literally like hundreds of skeletons everywhere from like the 120 people zerging him.

Now might be a good time to mention they're bringing Jurassic Park back to theaters, this time in *~3D*~*

Also yes.
Edited by Jesterjoe on 3/20/2013 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
03/20/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Hygeia
I'm not really interested in whether people respect me, Stoic or Alliance, but I would still wager a bet that more people respect me than they do you (individually) and as far as I know RDS and us are relatively amicable.

It's easy to be "friendly" but it doesn't mean they respect you. They only act nice because they probably feel pity for you.

As far as people respecting who, I'm not going to bother trying to compare this because most people I talk to don't frequent these forums and I'm sure either Mitnal, Slash, or Kono will chime in saying something cute so I'll let them make fools of themselves.

But, how can people (even those in Stoic) respect you when you are such an elitist you thought all of Stoic was too stupid to get Sinestra's achievement, even in 4.3?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/20/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Jesterjoe
There is nothing heroic about this boss at all, realms just throw multiple raid groups at the boss until it dies. A full group of 40 players would be "heroic" but only in terms of it requiring really good, sustained dps for 5 minutes. You literally sit there for 5 minutes dpsing the boss if everyone is spread out properly. Cooldowns on the tank for every frill, cooldown on the raid for every shout when stacks get high and don't cast during shout and get locked out.

That's my point though. If you're going with that many, you do need a good group, as it is no secret he does hit insanely hard.

But it is also no secret he's just a zerg fest in the end.

It makes no sense at all also that he is meant for "heroic raiders", yet drops 522s.

I see a lot of ranting in this thread overall though, seems to be happening more often now. If they really wanted to fix him, get rid of the tag to faction from him. That's just my two cents though.

Tap to faction is probably the only reason most people are killing it now, anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
[quote="81964558562"]But, how can people (even those in Stoic) respect you when you are such an elitist you thought all of Stoic was too stupid to get Sinestra's achievement, even in 4.3?

I'd ask you to clarify which achievement you meant, Sinestra kill or I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of How Awesome I Am, but I'll skip that and just explain both.

We got the Sinestra kill sometime in February after 8 or 9 weeks of doing it on 10m on weekends we finally killed it. I didn't get the achievement because I was dead and spam clicking whelps to target for Mind Sear and I ended up releasing and not getting the achievement. I had to get it with another group in OpenRaid later, you can compare my achievement to anyone else on the kill that day and you'll see a difference.

If you're talking about the I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of How Awesome I Am achievement, we just don't have 10 people that play at that level so I wasn't even going to bother trying in-guild only, so I got it through OpenRaid. There was no elitism about me getting it and not other people, or not trying with the guild. There were no expectations of that just like there are no expectations of killing heroic end bosses in any tier while it's current. It's the same reason I got Golds outside of the guild early in the expansion. I'm clearly capable, so I explored alternate methods to get them.

You're confusing elitism with realism. They are two very different things.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
They could always go back to the old model of if you die you get a debuff that instantly kills you if you come in contact with a boss mechanic.

But the sheer amount of QQ from people would not allow that to last. You're living in the past if you want an epic world boss encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
They could always go back to the old model of if you die you get a debuff that instantly kills you if you come in contact with a boss mechanic.

But the sheer amount of QQ from people would not allow that to last. You're living in the past if you want an epic world boss encounter.

Yeah they wouldn't do that. It would have been a bit more difficult if it required a tank swap at some point, with the no-thread-but-+100%-threat-for-tanks thing, but it really just turned into a "lol rotate cooldowns on main tank and 1 tank it".
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior

It's easy to be "friendly" but it doesn't mean they respect you. They only act nice because they probably feel pity for you.

we respect hygeia, but not you. don't put words in other people's mouths

MY WORDS REPRESENT THE COLLECTIVE FEELINGS OF THE ENTIRE RDS GUILD
Edited by Slashroar on 3/20/2013 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I like Hygeia. Hell, he lets me hang out with them and get the guild perks; what's NOT to like? I don't get why Stoic gets so much crap either. I really like them. There's always someone to talk to when I'm on, and they're pretty helpful when I'm having problems in game.

But I do like Zcreed too. He's always been very nice to me.

I have an idea! Let's all go watch Jurassic Park 3D with Lobster and put all this fighting behind us! I mean, c'mon, QQ about Oondasta all you want, let's check out some REAL epicness!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tap to faction is probably the only reason most people are killing it now, anyway.

I fully agree.

I like Hygeia. Hell, he lets me hang out with them and get the guild perks; what's NOT to like? I don't get why Stoic gets so much crap either. I really like them. There's always someone to talk to when I'm on, and they're pretty helpful when I'm having problems in game.

But I do like Zcreed too. He's always been very nice to me.

I feel like, no offense to anyone in this thread, because I have no problems with anyone, but a lot of anger is direct at generalization rather than an individual.

It is possible to dislike someone as a person, and still acknowledge that they are a good player.

This is meant for both parties that this keeps coming up with.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

The only people I don't respect are disrespectful people

Hygeia will argue with people, but at least there is a discussion about some THING and not some ONE. I don't ever remember seeing a post saying someone is too bad to or someone thinks are entitled. It's pretty on topic, to his points.

I don't see why people would dislike someone for expressing their dislikes about the game.
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Rogue
You're confusing elitism with realism.

You may to pug a Throne of thunder clear on openraid in 5.3. How is that for realism....
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/25/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Myliecyrus
You're confusing elitism with realism.

You may to pug a Throne of thunder clear on openraid in 5.3. How is that for realism....

Based on your post history and characters you're a lot worse off than me! Maybe you should worry more about yourself, Internet tough guy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
why should I be worried ?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior

well if you're the guy he was responding to, it probably has something to do with your seeming lack of accomplishment in the game (seriously only 12k achievement points?) which includes your sub-par gear and (based on sub-par gear) probable lack of progression.

or maybe just that you are scared to talk on your main until someone points out that we can see your characters

and you're ugly
Edited by Slashroar on 3/26/2013 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
03/26/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Slashroar

and you're ugly

butt booty ugly
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
03/26/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Shortiremix

and you're ugly

butt booty ugly

sup grrl
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
03/20/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Hygeia
We got the Sinestra kill sometime in February after 8 or 9 weeks of doing it on 10m on weekends we finally killed it. I didn't get the achievement because I was dead and spam clicking whelps to target for Mind Sear and I ended up releasing and not getting the achievement. I had to get it with another group in OpenRaid later, you can compare my achievement to anyone else on the kill that day and you'll see a difference.

It's kind of bull!@#$ that the GM's couldn't give you the achievement for the Sinestra kill even though you're CLEARLY LISTED as being part of the kill in the guild achievement and even had loot from that kill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You have a toon named Mylie Cyrus

03/26/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Slashroar
(seriously only 12k achievement points?)

I'm only 1k higher :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]