Big heals for a monk

90 Draenei Shaman
ROFL chain heal.... oh how i loathe thee
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
LOL @ trying to explain big heals for a shaman..... for a shaman it means UL + HS's or UL + TW'd GHW's, or if its a dire situation a raid cool down to save the tanks life for missing his own cool down.

*scratches head*

Uwwwwllllhssssuwlllteeeewwweddddd... geeehhhhwwwwuh. Got it! XD
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Guys, this thread wasn't about shaman heals, just chain heals, I have a shaman and I am telling you when the raid group is starting to take pain (and all my cooldowns are on CD) the most I can do is a healing rain, and spam chain heal like crazy until the danger is over. I wasn't talking about tank heals, sorry, I should have been clearer, I basically meant when the whole raid group was getting ganked. Tank healing is easy.

The short point is, when on my monk, a raid group is getting absolutely ganked, if Revival is on CD, I am stuffed, as Uplift sucks as you need to use that Renewing Mist that has a forever long cooldown (I think it's 3-5 whole seconds!) so I would never be able to get Renewing Mist on everyone in time, by the time I can cast Uplift, at which point, everyone will be dead, so what am I supposed to do just Spinning Crane Kick like mad and spam those healing spheres around the place and hope for the best? That's what I was asking.
Edited by Sinthndria on 3/15/2013 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
The short point is, when on my monk, a raid group is getting absolutely ganked, if Revival is on CD, I am stuffed, as Uplift sucks as you need to use that Renewing Mist that has a forever long cooldown (I think it's 3-5 whole seconds!) so I would never be able to get Renewing Mist on everyone in time, by the time I can cast Uplift, at which point, everyone will be dead, so what am I supposed to do just Spinning Crane Kick like mad and spam those healing spheres around the place and hope for the best? That's what I was asking.

You need to be using RM on CD, then Thunder Focus Tea shortly before the big damage hits so you already have a bunch of additional RMs running. Then Uplift.
You can spec Chi Brew which gives you an on-demand 4 Chi as a cooldown which can be used to spam additional Uplifts for times like this.
Uplift and RM do not suck. If you don't like using them, monk may not be the right class for you. Monk takes care of smart uncontrolled healing while other healers are more capable of direct heals/controlled aoe.
Chi Burst is also a 30 second cooldown which does a lot of healing if used properly. Very easy to do if the raid is stacked, otherwise you might need a UI indicator or to be aware of others' positioning.
If the raid is stacked and you don't have the chi to uplift, Spinning Crane Kick to generate Chi, then dump the Chi into Uplifts.
You do not use Healing Sphere as an aoe healing tool.

Raiding 25s, RM/Uplift can and should often be your top 2 heals. In 10 mans you can easily blanket the raid with RMs; 70% of the raid should have RM even without TFT.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You're problem is still using chain heal. It is not strong enough to be our #2 spell when stacked, it barely strong enough to be our #3 heal. In most situations you're better served using a Tidal Waved healing wave or tidal waved greater healing wave, or if you know you wont go oom, or its the last few seconds of the raid, healing surges. Chain heal is well.... terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
If the "big heals" time comes and you don't already have rm blanketing your 10 man you need to go back in time and fix the tebcak issue. Monk healing is all about being aware of what is coming in the future and preparing for it. If you wait for it to hit to start dealing with it you screwed the pooch and will probably wreck.

That having been said, in a 10 man setting revival is pretty good at fixing things if something unforseen happens (tank botch on Feng, early add explosion on Elegon, extra explosion on Stone Guard, etc.).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
You're problem is still using chain heal. It is not strong enough to be our #2 spell when stacked, it barely strong enough to be our #3 heal. In most situations you're better served using a Tidal Waved healing wave or tidal waved greater healing wave, or if you know you wont go oom, or its the last few seconds of the raid, healing surges. Chain heal is well.... terrible.

Not it isn't, on Feng, during epicentre, healing rain combined with a few chain heals always kept my parties alive. not saying I didn't use other spells also, when one party member was really low on health.

But monk healing is about thinking ahead hey, well that sucks, as how can I know if a tank is going to stuff things up, or whatever, Revival is a 3 min cd.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]