The logic behind engineering?

75 Human Warlock
Engineers make some pretty cool stuff. The problem comes when you want to make something for your friends in game or one of your alts. What you make is only usable by another engineer who can just as easily make the same item themselves. Example of this is the flying machine. To make one you must be an engineer, lvl 60 with a engineering rating of 300. To use it, the same applies. It's non tradeable, non sellable. With the exception of very few items, engineering is actually a waste of time. I'm still trying to understand the logic behind all the restrictions on engineers. I don't expect any thing to change. Not even slightly angry about it. Just curious as to why.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Because if engineering were this awesome *and* profitable, who would do any other profession?
Reply Quote
75 Human Warlock
I'd be less interested in making a profit, then I would be in giving away what I make to friends and other alts.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The new Engineering mounts (Depleted-Kyparium Rocket & Geosynchronous World Spinner) don't require engineering to use. This was a great direction to take. I'm fine with the ridiculously high cost of making these mounts since they can be used by anyone. I wish there was a way to make older engineering mounts usable by non-engineers, even if it came with a high price tag.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Really, engineering is for repair bots and mailboxes at this point.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Really, engineering is for repair bots and mailboxes at this point.

And Synapse Springs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
and thermal anvils, and goblin gliders, and blingtron, and several cool pets, and scopes, and if you haven't used a G91 Landshark in ToeS or HoF yet, try it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]