Isle Of Thunder Rare Addon?

100 Human Rogue
So I'm constantly doing dailies at the Isle, but I still have no idea where the rares usually spawn. Whenever I see in general chat that Haywire is up, or one of the other rares, I have no idea where to go and by the time I've looked it up on WoWhead and made my way over, the mob is dead.

There's gotta be an addon of some kind for these new rares...anyone know of any?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
NPCScan is remarkably flexible. You can simply add your own mobs by name/spellID that you look up off of wowhead. I used to add this to the NPCScanEx plugin cause it has an in-game gui for adding mobs to it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
How do I do that? Does NPCscan automatically detect that a mob is a rare and add it to its database?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No. You have to look up both name and spellID yourself and add it manually. From NPSCan description:

Search List

The list of mobs that _NPCScan searches for can be modified easily through the Interface Options panel, however it comes pre-configured with most rare Outlands and Northrend mobs. To access the mob list, type “/npcscan”.

Grayed out NPCs in a list aren't being searched for, either because they're cached or not needed for their achievement.

The first tab available lists Custom NPCs that you can enter or remove manually. NPCs that are already cached show a red “X” in the first column. You can add or remove Custom NPCs with the [+] and [-] buttons at the bottom right.
All other tabs control achievements like Bloody Rare and Frostbitten. These tabs show an additional column on the right with green check marks for completed achievement mobs. You may enable or disable tracking each achievement with its tab's checkbox.

The “Search for completed Achievement NPCs” checkbox at the top left of the pane allows you to keep looking for mobs you no longer need for achievements.

Finding NPC IDs

A mob's NPC ID is its unique identification number, and it can be found on sites like WowHead or WowDB. For example, search for the mob “Dirkee” on WowHead and go to the mob's page. That page's URL will look like “http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=32500”; 32500 is Dirkee's NPC ID.
Edited by Sedivy on 3/11/2013 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
No. You have to look up both name and spellID yourself and add it manually. From NPSCan description:

Search List

The list of mobs that _NPCScan searches for can be modified easily through the Interface Options panel, however it comes pre-configured with most rare Outlands and Northrend mobs. To access the mob list, type “/npcscan”.

Grayed out NPCs in a list aren't being searched for, either because they're cached or not needed for their achievement.

The first tab available lists Custom NPCs that you can enter or remove manually. NPCs that are already cached show a red “X” in the first column. You can add or remove Custom NPCs with the [+] and [-] buttons at the bottom right.
All other tabs control achievements like Bloody Rare and Frostbitten. These tabs show an additional column on the right with green check marks for completed achievement mobs. You may enable or disable tracking each achievement with its tab's checkbox.

The “Search for completed Achievement NPCs” checkbox at the top left of the pane allows you to keep looking for mobs you no longer need for achievements.

Finding NPC IDs

A mob's NPC ID is its unique identification number, and it can be found on sites like WowHead or WowDB. For example, search for the mob “Dirkee” on WowHead and go to the mob's page. That page's URL will look like “http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=32500”; 32500 is Dirkee's NPC ID.

I've followed all those instructions but it still won't add the spawn locations to my map like Overlay does with every other rare mob in the game, nor list the rares in any way that I can locate them when someone says they are up. I must be doing something wrong...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It won't add spawn locations to the overlay as you'd need to actually add yourself the entire path of the mob to it before it would be able to do it. That kind of info isn't natively available to the game. Users add a list of coordinates where a mob can be found so that Overlay can map it. You'd actually need a bit of programming knowledge to alter overlay I think so I'd leave that to the author and just mention to him the new mobs and where they spawn.

All that following the above instructions should do once you add the mobs is give you a standard warning if you come across it. Don't forget you might have to exit wow and restart once you've added the mob in order for this to change.
Edited by Sedivy on 3/11/2013 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If you're still reading this, just came across this little plugin for NPCScan while updating my mods.
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/npcscan_autoadd
It should auto add any rares you come across to the list so that may help you out. There still won't be an auto-overlay added but at least the main alert will be there.
Edited by Sedivy on 3/12/2013 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
let me google that for you: http://i.imgur.com/bUrVbQr.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Death Knight
The problem with npcscan (probably a wow issue and nothing they can do about it) is that it cache's rares after you find them. This means that once it detects one it won't detect it anymore until you delete your cache. This requires being logged out of wow and deleting two files. Not practical for rare farming but if you use npcscan then everyone should do this regularly anyway. I use a batch file that both deletes my npcscan cache files and then launches wow for me. Just paste this into a .bat file with notepad and save to your desktop. Obviously change your paths if needed.

@ECHO OFF
@DEL "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enUS\creaturecache.wdb"
@DEL "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enUS\npccache.wdb"
CLS
@PAUSE
"C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe"
EXIT

The more practical solution for Isle is to simply use a map marking add to mark where the rares are on your map and when you are near one you just pop by and check the spot or if someone says "so and so just spawned" you can just open your map in game and find the location in seconds This works great for the treasure chests hidden all over as well.

Some links to help you with this:
Tomtom for marking http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tomtom
Marks for chests (just have to do this once) http://www.wowhead.com/object=218593/trove-of-the-thunder-king#comments
Marks for Rares http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69998/goda#comments

Simply install tomtom, then use the macros defined in the links above to create in game macros. You then click the macro (requires 3 for chests because of macro text limits in game) and it generates the icons for you on your game map. You only have to do this once per character.

Hope that helps.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I found the map of Isle of Thunder and took a few minutes to find where each spawned at. I then wrote it on the map in pen to refer to it till I get used to where each are. That might help you out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/february/raresMap.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Death Knight
@Shoopi Thanks so much for the Macro, that rocks!!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Death Knight
Does anyone know by chance what the Isle of Thunder Zone Name is to do a /way reset with TomTom? doing /way list says it's Map 928 and Zone 'World Map' but that doesn't work.
Reply Quote
I love TomTom, BUT the issue is it's really designed for flying... and you can't do that on the Isle!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
use the addon Rarecoordinator, it automatically shows which rares are up as soon as they are spotted by someone, then (what i do) it always have the map of isle of thunder in wowhead up in my browser click the red button above the map that says "Show On Map..." then move down to rare NPC and click on the one that just popped up on your rare coordinator
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
For a dummy proof tracker for both location and timers get both of these

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tomtom

and

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rarecoordinator
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
make a notepad on your desktop and save this as a .bat file to clear your cashe

@echo off
echo.

REM Variable block below. Change to match your settings if you get an error.

set wowdir="C:\World of Warcraft\
set wow_process64="Wow-64.exe"
set wow_process32="Wow.exe"
set creature_file=%wowdir%Cache\WDB\enUS\creaturecache.wdb"
set launcher_file=%wowdir%World of Warcraft Launcher.exe"

REM End variable block. You should not need to change anything below this line.

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq %wow_process64%" 2>NUL | find /I /N %wow_process64%>NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto ProcessRunning64
goto Check32

:Check32
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq %wow_process32%" 2>NUL | find /I /N %wow_process32%>NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto ProcessRunning32
goto CacheCheck

:ProcessRunning64
echo %wow_process64% is already running. Skipping NPCScan cleanup.
goto wowstart

:ProcessRunning32
echo %wow_process32% is already running. Skipping NPCScan cleanup.
goto wowstart

:CacheCheck
if exist %creature_file% goto ClearCache
goto notfound

:ClearCache
del /q %creature_file%
echo Deleted %creature_file%
goto startwow

:notfound
echo %creature_file% was not found!
echo Nothing to see here. Move along.

:startwow
if exist %launcher_file% goto wowstart
echo.
echo --------------------
echo Launcher NOT found at %launcher_file%. Check your path.
pause
goto end

:wowstart
echo.
echo Starting Launcher
echo.
echo Good hunting!
%launcher_file%
@echo off
:end
exit
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Funny enough, no one has mentioned NPCScanOverlay. What the OP actually requested was marked areas on the map where rares patrol. OP didn't specifically ask for an addon to detect the rares, he/she wants to know where they are.

NPCScan with NPCScanOverlay, problem solved. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/npcscan-overlay

NPCScan will detect the rares, yes. And will keep detecting the rares if you clear or lock the cache file as described by Shoopi above.

But, NPCScanOverlay will put color-coded paths on your map and/or minimap (turn on/off with a hotkey, should you so desire). When you look at your map, rare mob "X" will have a colored path exactly where they spawn and/or patrol. You can even mouse-over the mob's name on the little key on the map, and it will flash the path for you.

NPCScanOverlay contains color-coded paths and/or spawn points for nearly every rare mob in the game.

You may also benefit from a coordinate system, if you don't already have one in place. Personally, I use TitanPanel which has a coordinate module built in, but there are dozens if not hundreds of addons that give you a coordinate display on your screen. This will help when rares have a large area that they patrol in. If someone calls in chat, "Rare mob X up at 43,86", and you don't have coordinates, you're sunk.

In addition, you may check out an addon such as Gathermate2. Gathermate will put marks on your map and minimap (again, easily customized and turned on/off with a hotkey, should you not need them) for every resource node (ore, herbs, fish, etc.) as well as treasure chests, netherwing/cloud serpent eggs, etc. Data for this addon is updated every few days, so the locations of all these items -- from level 1 areas to level 90 -- are accurate down to a fraction of a coordinate point.
Edited by Breakbeat on 5/10/2014 4:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
make a notepad on your desktop and save this as a .bat file to clear your cashe...

That is ridiculous for a cache clear batch file. You only need:
@ECHO OFF
REM The next line deletes the creature cache
DEL "C:\World of Warcraft\Cache\WDB\enUS\creaturecache.wdb"
REM The next line will start World of Warcraft
CALL "C:\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher.exe"
EXIT

Also, use the following with Paste:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/paste

/npcscan add 50358 Haywire Sunweaver Construct
/npcscan add 69664 Mumta
/npcscan add 69996 Ku'lai the Skyclaw
/npcscan add 69997 Progenitus
/npcscan add 69998 Goda
/npcscan add 69999 God-Hulk Ramuk
/npcscan add 70000 Al'tabim the All-Seeing

/npcscan add 70001 Backbreaker Uru
/npcscan add 70002 Lu-Ban
/npcscan add 70003 Molthor
/npcscan add 70530 Ra'sha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]