Larger backpack request.

100 Tauren Paladin
I think above all the player base should have a quest to receive a larger backpack. I understand new players start with a 16 slot, and that's a godly amount of space at level 10. After 8 years, I've seen classes come and go, and content in game come and go. I just think that with 8 years of playing, this might have been addressed. Just curios as to why simple quests like this we're never introduced.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd be happy with a larger bank. I'll even PAY for more bag slots.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
They have addressed this in the past...

It has something to do with the original coding and how it's hard coded into the game and they are unable to change the Backpack without rewriting the original code that they build upon.

Edit: Non-code writer and it's how I took their explanation.
Edited by Sylvyr on 3/14/2013 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Its been stated by Blizzard that any changes to the original back pack may result in us losing gold...our toons or many other things...the orignal back pack is hard coded into the game...they have tried many times to change it but it always results in very bad problems with the game and our characters....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
This comes up all the time. After 8 years of playing WoW I am surprised you don't know the answer to your own question.

The 16 slot backpack is hard-coded into the game and when they actually tried to make it upgradable (yes, they did try) it broke a lot of very important stuff. So they ix-nayed the whole idea because it simply can't work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard has answered this already.

The currencies are hard-coded into the pack. Changing the pack could wipe ALL the currencies.

I don't know about you, but I don't think many people would like to lose 6k valor for the legendary chain, to say nothing of the gold reserves.

It'd reset inflation somewhat, certainly, but it's hardly worth the forum explosion.

And anyone who says that Blizzard should be able to modify the pack without harming the currencies with ease has never worked with the Spaghetti Coding that World of Warcraft is notorious for.

Nerf Vengeance from player sources.

Break Ret seals to do 350k dps in Dragon Soul.

This particular incident actually happened.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I'd be happy with a larger bank. I'll even PAY for more bag slots.

Cannot like hard enough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
More bank slots would be great. Especially with all the little trinkets the game keeps giving out in Pandaria. An Incense Burner, Beer Keg, Spitoon, Golden Banana, Puntable Vermin, and other various things all piled in my bank with all my Archeology finds! Blizzard stahp! My bank can't take anymore!

Edit: And Transmog sets, Holiday items, Legendaries, and Vanilla relics! I don't have a problem! I'm fully aware of what's going on!

For the Hoarders!
Edited by Rivak on 3/14/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
seems like there could be other work arounds, but if the backpack and number of bags we carry is hard coded and unfixable. Give us additional bank slots to purchase.

Making bigger bags only fixes things to a point.

-yours truly
horder of useless stuff
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I think above all the player base should have a quest to receive a larger backpack. I understand new players start with a 16 slot, and that's a godly amount of space at level 10. After 8 years, I've seen classes come and go, and content in game come and go. I just think that with 8 years of playing, this might have been addressed. Just curios as to why simple quests like this we're never introduced.

We'd love to be able to upgrade it too, but it's not as simple as upgrading it. It was coded into the system early in the development of World of Warcraft and isn't as easy as writing up some new lines of code. In addition, we're not sure that simply adding a larger backpack is the solution people really are looking for. You'll get a few more slots, but you'll most likely fill those relatively quickly.

We've made some progress in regard to storage such as being able to learn pets and mounts etc. vs. having to carry them with you all of the time. We have Void Storage now as well as changed over some currencies (over time) from physical objects to something that gets tallied in your character pane; little quality of life increases such as those over time. The developers continue to do their best to keep storage in mind when designing new content.

But, if you're anything like me, you probably have a difficult time letting go of items that are either sentimental in nature or items that you "might need later... maybe". I'm with you, but in that case, I try to "spring clean" now and then just to go through what I have and figure out what I truly don't need and can get rid of.

As always though, we're open to constructive feedback and discussion. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well any additional slots are valuable. Look at the hike in price on the average ah from a 20 slot to a 22 slot bag. Or a 24 to the 28. Point being players would pay thousands of gold just for slightly increased bag space
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It would probably just be simpler to have larger bags in your other slots.
Problem solved.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I don't care about the backpack. I don't care too much about the Bank either, or really even bags. There's a massive amount of space available already there. What I want are plenty of tabs over in Void Storage and no charge for using it. Why? Because it's a far reduced overhead to expand on compared to the bank or bags. The cost of an entire void storage tab is less than adding in a new bag type with just 2 extra slots.

Two things belong in the bank: resources that I want immediate access to, and items I'm still using but not at this exact moment. Nearly everything else can be safely stowed away in Void Storage.

To expand: what goes into void storage? Gear. Specifically items we equip. What has contributed to the massive influx of new items that we hold onto? Transmog...of items we can equip. Soooo...let's put two and two together like intelligent individuals as realize that the solution is already here...we just have to expand on it.
Edited by Feandel on 3/14/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
03/14/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Nethaera
The developers continue to do their best to keep storage in mind when designing new content.

Would it be possible to not design half the quests to give you an item that has to be manually destroyed afterwards? I like the fluff items, but make it possible to vendor the ones we don't want to keep please! It's annoying as heck to have to go through my bag deleting multiple items after finishing each Pandaren quest hub.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I believe blizz has answered this more in depth before, and that the backpack is tied into the character creation process, and they would have to actually rewrite a lot of that system in order to just give us a few extra slots.

I've never had problems with bag space unless I was questing for a long time without vendoring trash. With void storage for older/transmog pieces and netherweave+crafting bags for my gbank I have never been close to running out of space.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
we're not sure that simply adding a larger backpack is the solution people really are looking for.

How about adding more slots for bags then? We are looking for more space, that's pretty simple.
Edited by Ghoulîna on 3/14/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
More bank slots would be great. Especially with all the little trinkets the game keeps giving out in Pandaria. An Incense Burner, Beer Keg, Spitoon, Golden Banana, Puntable Vermin, and other various things all piled in my bank with all my Archeology finds! Blizzard stahp! My bank can't take anymore!

Amen brother................not to mention all the transmog stuff I haven't soulbound yet lol........arrrgghhhh
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The developers continue to do their best to keep storage in mind when designing new content.

I believed you up until this line......with the multitude of new cooking mats.

Or the quest rewards like puntable marmots that I have to delete.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/14/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Audlina

Amen brother................not to mention all the transmog stuff I haven't soulbound yet lol........arrrgghhhh

For the Hoarders!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]