I have a question about me :)

So yea i know this is kinda noobish whatever don't care, i pretty new to World of Warcraft so get over it lol.

Im just wondering what stats i should be building as a restro druid and what gear i should be getting... Im trying to go pretty hard into intelligence so my heals do more but im just wondering what else i can do to become a better healer and keep my teamates alive longer in PVP and such.. thanks :)
Reply Quote
91 Troll Druid
http://www.restokin.com/resto-druid-healing-guide/

I like this site, still in the midst of gearing and configuring myself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So yea i know this is kinda noobish whatever don't care, i pretty new to World of Warcraft so get over it lol.

Im just wondering what stats i should be building as a restro druid and what gear i should be getting... Im trying to go pretty hard into intelligence so my heals do more but im just wondering what else i can do to become a better healer and keep my teamates alive longer in PVP and such.. thanks :)

As a healer, you want to pick up gear that has intellect and spirit. As a Druid, you are able to wear leather and cloth. At your level, it's perfectly fine for you to roll Need on cloth that has the correct stats on it, as there is very little intellect leather until around Outland (so around level 60ish).

In PvP, personal awareness is pretty big. Knowing whether those around you are friend or foe is huge - because if you're dead, you won't be able to heal anyone. So, turn enemy healthbars on (usually bound to v on your keyboard).

The only other thing I can think of is that healing addons really help with identifying things that need to be dispelled, and keeping HoTs, etc, up on the target. They're great for tracking Hots!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So healing pvp as a druid revolves around a few things, but to start at your level just think about this:

1. How to burst heal

So in pvp, unlike in pve, the damage will be coming in short bursts. You're going to be using alot of mana in a short time and then using cyclone to relieve pressure. If its worst case scenario and you have to save someone who is eating a major dps cooldown with no 'pre' hots, you'll likely use the following rotation. NS-Healing Touch, Ironbark, Rejuv+Swiftmend, Regrowth, perhaps add a Lifebloom here, Regrowth again, add another lifebloom, Regrowth, Wild Growth, etc. etc.... I like to think of it like if the target you're healing is 40% or below, you need to spam regrowths to get them in the 'safe zone,' and once there you finish stacking HoTs. Consider getting them to 50-70% health and then looking to peel for them with clone.

Like put really simply... Its the exact opposite mentality to pve. You're not concerned about saving mana. You're more worried about saving this person right now because saving them right now in like, the next 5 seconds, no matter how much mana you use, could be the difference between winning and losing. If you keep them up but go oom, it might be just enough for them to get the kill, and if you die, at least you died oom.
Edited by Anoru on 3/14/2013 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]