Magnificence of Leather/Scales

1 Human Rogue
Just wondering how come no non-cooldown version of this was added which uses Spirits of Harmony like the other professions have? Just an oversight that we can expect a fix for or intended for some reason?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The non-cooldown version is the one you already had that uses 50 leather. Spirits of Harmony are used with the Magnificent Hides to make other things.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Oh, thank you Taltonestri I forgot about the 50 leather one, I should have been more specific. I meant one that would allow us to learn new patterns in the process - like Secrets of the Stone for JC or Song of Harmony for Tailors.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Oh, thank you Taltonestri I forgot about the 50 leather one, I should have been more specific. I meant one that would allow us to learn new patterns in the process - like Secrets of the Stone for JC or Song of Harmony for Tailors.

Song of harmony to my knowledge doesn't teach anything. You can only learn stuff through the daily cooldown. JC's secrets of stone lets you learn other cuts but doesn't teach you patterns like the pets which are gained from the daily Serpent's heart cd.
Reply Quote
It feels to me more like the old Alchemy research, or the JC daily quests, to me.

I do wish the crafted PvP gear would learn a bit faster (maybe 2x PvP recipe learns, or 1x raid recipe learn?). Having about 90 new recipes learned through this method is kinda nuts with one-per-day. Especially considering 80 of them are PvP gear for five different classes (and ten different sets).
Reply Quote
Blizzard wants to gate it.

I had a few stacks of SoH on my crafters in case they could be used like this, but no such luck. We just have to deal, adapt, and do what we can with what we're given.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
the need quit gating it., mats to make stuff for pvp is very little but people on my server charging 900g to 1k per pvp gear can craft for dreadful.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I imagine this has been said before, in other threads, but I'll say it myself here. They need to reduce the cool down. Similar to the effect of achieving 600 first aid has on the amount of cloth needed to make heavy bandages. I've got 600 leatherworking and learning one new pattern a day is VERY slow going. Either make it so that a 600 the cooldown shortens, to like 6 hours, or split the scales and leather cooldown so that you can make both the same day and learn atleast 2 new patterns a day.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
My question i why I could buy pvp patterns to craft on htis toon a Blacksmith with SoH yet on my leather worker no such option exists? Or for that matter why lock so many patterns behind the horrid RNG that Blizzard has become OCD about as of late? The gear that is learned is just start out pvp gear so what is the point of gateing it?
Reply Quote
My question i why I could buy pvp patterns to craft on htis toon a Blacksmith with SoH yet on my leather worker no such option exists? Or for that matter why lock so many patterns behind the horrid RNG that Blizzard has become OCD about as of late? The gear that is learned is just start out pvp gear so what is the point of gateing it?

The purpose, I think, is to prevent a small handful of players who stockpile a bunch of SoH from controlling the market initially.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
My question i why I could buy pvp patterns to craft on htis toon a Blacksmith with SoH yet on my leather worker no such option exists?

You can buy CONTENDER pvp patterns with SoH same as BS. The dreadful you need to learn with your daily cd and so do BS.

As for controlling the market....there's a market for this crap?! Who would bother buying it?!
Reply Quote
As for controlling the market....there's a market for this crap?! Who would bother buying it?!

i think its actually more pve players than pvp players buying it. When i leveled my rogue i bought it just purely for ilevel to get into 5mans and LFR. The pvp crafted stuff played a major hand in being able to get into ToT LFR the first week i was 90.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]