Healer synergy in 10 man normal

90 Troll Druid
In my 10 man raid group we have been 2 healing every fight we have done so far and it has worked out very well. The healer are myself and a Shaman. Our dps is definitely on the low side but our heals are good enough to heal through the inevitably longer fights. I think the synergy between myself and the shaman works really well but he wants to make to switch to his monk and i feel like 2 healing with a monk and druid is gonna be difficult on certain fights and that they won't have the same kind of synergy we currently have. Do you guys think this will make it harder on our raid by having a druid/monk healer combination? I really don't want to gimp our raid any more then we have to as we already struggle a lot. We are currently stuck on garalon. We keep hitting the enrage timer. XD
Reply Quote
Monks are amazing for Garalon. However, I can see Druid/MW not having as much synergy as other potential combos as they don't have as much utility as other healers while their raw output is ok. Druid/Disc and Druid/Paladin would probably be a more versatile set up, but we can't tell if your other healer might enjoy their playstyles.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I do also have a pally and shaman alt both of which i have a decent amount of experience healing with. Would either of those have great synergy with a monk?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I roll with a pally and it works great.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

i was always worried that i was gimping my fellow druid healer, through my mastery bubble.

glad to hear someone likes a pally/druid combo
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It doesn't matter if you gimp him or not if the boss goes down does it? Think of it that way, and it should be fine. I have accepted my place in this tier, I heal with a disc and a Hpally and I only expect to get healing during my cds lol.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/16/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Jarshie

i was always worried that i was gimping my fellow druid healer, through my mastery bubble.

glad to hear someone likes a pally/druid combo

Well yes the illuminated healing thing is a pain but it doesn't effect me as much as it once did. We seem to be equal on a number of fights.

An few ToT fights

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ezmz7jmr390hd63f/sum/healingDone/?s=8371&e=8817#Moophious

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xbhvo0gk1jbo15at/sum/healingDone/?s=7351&e=7683

And even other fights where I happen to be lower I am dpsing 5-8 million + damage like Durumu.
Edited by Moophious on 3/16/2013 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Druid/monk...I'd pass on that, personally. It can be done, but I think some things might be more difficult. Also, why would he want to change to a class that uses the exact same gear as you?

I would also say not to let him put you in a position of feeling like YOU need to change to something else for the benefit of your raid group.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think the reason that he wants to switch at all is because he sees the hps from recount and feels like he isn't doing enough healing. (I averaged around 85k hps while he was around 55k on Garalon). I understand that shamans are struggling this expansion due to the high amount of movement and spread out fights so I don't really blame him for wanting to make the switch. Anyways thanks for the advice guys!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It doesn't matter if you gimp him or not if the boss goes down does it? Think of it that way, and it should be fine. I have accepted my place in this tier, I heal with a disc and a Hpally and I only expect to get healing during my cds lol.

Want a chuckle? To prove to our shaman healer that he was doing just fine, I turned off merge absorbs (I was on my priest) to show him my actual healing done without the bubbles.

Needless to say- without the bubbles, I'd be healing lower than him.

He keeps threatening to go full time dps- I actually enjoy healing with him. I don't want to lose a good healer because he feels he isn't contributing.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/16/2013 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I think the reason that he wants to switch at all is because he sees the hps from recount and feels like he isn't doing enough healing. (I averaged around 85k hps while he was around 55k on Garalon). I understand that shamans are struggling this expansion due to the high amount of movement and spread out fights so I don't really blame him for wanting to make the switch. Anyways thanks for the advice guys!

Part of that is due to the really strong cooldowns he brings to the table.

As far as the original question, I'd say druid/monk may well be the absolute worst 2 healer combination available. The only combo I can think of that might be close would be disc/disc because of weakened soul issues. You have loot competition plus lack of tanking cooldowns plus heavy reliance on healing over time for both. All in all a recipe for problems IMO. If you don't mind switching as well pal/monk or disc/monk would be far better combinations.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Well i do have a 90 holy pally that I was gonna start gearing up anyway. (I would like to learn all the healers eventually). His monk isn't even 90 yet so who knows, he might change his mind by then anyway. Good news is we downed Garalon last night. Got close on wind lord but ranged triggered 2 wind bombs at the same time when the boss was at 10% XD.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
if you want to just play together as a team, chant to yourself before every raid, "hps meters don't matter"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]