Rogue feels so utterly lackluster to play...

I see other classes abilities and I am nothing but jealous.

Warlocks calling storms of green meteors out of the sky to wipe out an entire area. Summoning Meteors to crash into the earth that become green molten rock demons to do their bidding. A variety of summoned minions to do every command they are given. Making portals, healthstone, soul stones. Transforming into unstoppable tanking demons!

Shamans calling gigantic pet attack spirit wolves to come eat your face, buffing entire raids with a variety of totems, using blood lust/heroism! Turning into a spirit wolf, hexing enemies into frogs, turning the ground into a earthquake and wearing chain mail armor.

Hunters summoning gigantic packs of pets to crush enemies. Murder of crows to peck your eyes out. Taming every beast in existence. Explosive traps with AOE knockback! Also wearing chain mail and dealing DPS equivalent if not exceeding our own from range with no positional requirements.

Death Knights raising entire armies of undead up from out of the ground, calling gargoyles to come and perform air strikes at their beck and call. Having a personal gigantic undead minion to destroy everything in it's path. Turning the very ground into blood and death and decay. Turning fallen allies into risen undead. Enchanting weapons with unique abilities in a death knight flying citadel. Death Grip.

I just feel that the rogue class is SO lackluster in comparison to most other classes. Look at all of these awesome and amazing abilities that they get. There is nothing about this expansion that makes me say AWESOME about our abilities. It feels very vanilla playing a rogue.

We get throwing weapon as our level 90 ability. Or a 2 + 1/2 times premeditation usable out of stealth. or a 2 + 1/2 premeditation from extra combo points.

Shadow step and dagger.

Smoke bomb......

Positional attacks that do no more damage than other classes can do unpositionally from range.

Why does it feel like rogue got left a few expansions back? Where is our "That is awesome!" ability? Because throwing weapon and premeditation times 2 + 1/2 are NOT "Holy crap that is cool" abilities.

Healing poison? Come on guys. Seriously?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Well we have stealth.. But so do druids and some classes have temporary stealth. Overall I agree with you.
Reply Quote
Well we have stealth.. But so do druids and some classes have temporary stealth. Overall I agree with you.

-Hunters have stealth (camouflage) .

-Mages have invisibility.

-Priests have vanish (Spectral guise)

Druids have stealth.

Warlocks have teleport to disappear.

Stealth is NOT iconic to our class any longer.

Does hitting prep and a second vanish make you say AWESOME! AMAZING! Not me.

I am not sure if they forgot us or just do not really give two craps about us. Either way we are abandoned.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
-We have the best CC in the game.
-We are the best stealth-using class in the game.
-We have some of the highest damage in the game (currently).
-We have picklock. We laugh as blacksmiths waste time making their keys and engineers their charges. We're still the first stop when there is a lock that needs opening.
-We have pickpocket. We gain access to an entirely different loot table apart from any other class in the game, just for ourselves.
-We have extreme fear factor. No one knows if a rogue is lurking behind them on a PvP server.
-We have detect Trap/Disarm Trap. Try running into BWL sometime. You can thank me later.
-We have the power to pick our own fights. No need to eat through an entire dungeon's worth of mobs to get to a quest objective. Sneak past everything, pick up item/kill quest npc and you're good to go. Not to mention how effective this is with sap.
-We have a good variety of poisons. Same attacks, different flavor of nature damage as we choose.

There are many good things we have going for us.

We get throwing weapon as our level 90 ability.

You cannot even begin to comprehend how powerful this ability is. We out-DPS hunters at range.
Edited by Tréigthe on 3/16/2013 10:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

-We have picklock. We laugh as blacksmiths waste time making their keys and engineers their charges. We're still the first stop when there is a lock that needs opening.

So professions can mimic and replace one of our core abilities? That is like being able to make a port to EVERY major city with a profession. Or to be able to summon anyone anywhere at any time with a profession. You are SERIOUSLY using this as an example of a POSITIVE thing about our class?

-We have pickpocket. We gain access to an entirely different loot table apart from any other class in the game, just for ourselves.

Loot table of a few extra gold coins and some healing potions and some grey drops and every once in a while a green drop. Nothing exciting here. Have opened at least 1000 lock boxes this expansion and gotten nothing but greens greys and healing pots. Good luck getting an epic to drop. Especially now that they are outdated.

03/16/2013 10:38 PMPosted by Tréigthe
-We have extreme fear factor. No one knows if a rogue is lurking behind them on a PvP server.

Ok so do druids. So do hunters.

03/16/2013 10:38 PMPosted by Tréigthe
-We have detect Trap/Disarm Trap. Try running into BWL sometime. You can thank me later.

I solo BWL weekly. No detect traps needed there broskee. Let me go back and ask Nef what he thinks about it and where he is stashing those bindings.

Tell me which ability it is that our class has that is comparable to say "Army of the undead" that Death Knights have? What do we have that is equal to Titans Grip? Having our best attacks be positional AND melee attacks? Throw weapon as our level 90 core talent ability?

What is our Blood Lust like ability?

Shadow Blades? Energy Rush? Killing (lol) spree?

What is it? What is our ability that makes you say AWESOME when you use it that almost every other class has? Shadow form cloak?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
No idea why you would roll a rogue if all you care about is silly class aesthetics such as raining meteors from the sky, I mean really?

Your class is extremely powerful at the moment and is seldom anything side from powerful.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
No idea why you would roll a rogue if all you care about is silly class aesthetics such as raining meteors from the sky, I mean really?

Your class is extremely powerful at the moment and is seldom anything side from powerful.

No better aesthetic effect then seeing your yellow bar sitting at the top of the recount chart!

Also, killing spree is pretty neat and flashy, and glyph of disguise is undeniably fun to use.
Edited by Tréigthe on 3/16/2013 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
I agree with this fully, I mean we don't even have poison dripping off our blades anymore. The class is overall boring to me, all the specs are pretty much the same. No cool animations or anything. Only thing that keeps me going is the fear that I see when I sap someone
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
We have extreme fear factor. No one knows if a rogue is lurking behind them on a PvP server.

i like this one.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
03/17/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Immy
We have extreme fear factor. No one knows if a rogue is lurking behind them on a PvP server.

i like this one.

I know, it made me laugh too
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I know, it made me laugh too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFg7esxnrXs
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Rogue

Loot table of a few extra gold coins and some healing potions and some grey drops and every once in a while a green drop. Nothing exciting here. Have opened at least 1000 lock boxes this expansion and gotten nothing but greens greys and healing pots. Good luck getting an epic to drop. Especially now that they are outdated.

I made 4k gold from CASH DROPS only doing pickpocket last week in about 3 hours. I ended up with about 7500G just vendoring everything. If I had an enchanter I could have pushed that to 10k.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
We get throwing weapon as our level 90 ability

A pocket full of ninja stars.....

I think all the 'rogue flash' that you desire is in the icons showing up on a victims' screen during an ambush, no one said playing a rogue would be glamorous, it's a dirty job; at the end of the day your teammates will look at you with a mixture of fear and contempt. You are the silent scourge of the battlefield, clothies wake up in cold sweats at night because of rogues, and everyone holds their weapons tight in vain. Armor is simply a word to you, there is no escape from your blade, no refuge from your calculated assault, except the quiet grey of death, and that my friend is why we are rogues.

Simply to kill.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
As a melee I just don't enjoy the rogue as much. My other melee is my fury warrior and for me he is just so much more fun to play. I like the rogue for the stealth and utility while questing, but while in LFR all of that becomes just a gimmick or not usable. The biggest gripe I have is the overall crap AOE that rogues have. WW for my warrior is so much more responsive then what a rogue has to offer. I wish there was a cleave mechanic that was similar to rogues.
Reply Quote
And for combat rogues they decided our special attacks were too strong so the nerfed us and buffed our white damage (attack power). Even more boring.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
-We have the best CC in the game.
-We are the best stealth-using class in the game.
-We have some of the highest damage in the game (currently).
-We have the power to pick our own fights. No need to eat through an entire dungeon's worth of mobs to get to a quest objective. Sneak past everything, pick up item/kill quest npc and you're good to go. Not to mention how effective this is with sap.
-We have a good variety of poisons. Same attacks, different flavor of nature damage as we choose.

There are many good things we have going for us.

We get throwing weapon as our level 90 ability.

You cannot even begin to comprehend how powerful this ability is. We out-DPS hunters at range.

Somebody doesn't know that Disarm Trap now unstealths and has melee range. And stop acting like half the other classes in the game can't sneak passed everything as well.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
03/16/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Shiv
Does hitting prep and a second vanish make you say AWESOME! AMAZING! Not me.

It did the first few times around. Just like with any other class.

Calling giant green meteors out of the sky is only fun for the first few times you do it as well. Then the effect just wears off.

I think your problem is just your hat. You've been wearing it too long.

And stop acting like half the other classes in the game can't sneak passed everything as well.

They can't. Try sneaking through Heroic Scholomance to get that book you need for your quest on anything except a Rogue or Druid. Mage Invis wears off too fast and has too long of a CD, you're going to pull something. Spectral Guise can hardly be classified as stealth, considering it is so short and doesn't really cause you to lose track of the Priest unless they pop Rocket Boots or get Life Gripped. Camouflage's duration is equal to the CD, meaning that they will always be visible for at least a fraction of a second, and even then, to get true stealth on it means moving 50% slower...

And even if you could get that book, good luck getting out alive with anything except vanish. Maybe the Hunter could Feign and Camo again, if he hadn't given up by that point.

Also, has it even been confirmed that Disarm Trap is working as intended? How do we know this isn't just another bug? Wouldn't be surprising, considering Paralytic has been bugged for eons now it seems.
Edited by Jokaste on 3/17/2013 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]