combat needs a companion

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Next expansion, I'd love to see combat get a wolf companion. All I hear is complaining about how boring, uninteresting, generic combat has become. My solution, give combat a wolf companion - like many of the classic rogue/ninja icons of video game history.

The wolf could provide tracking and stealth detection abilities, bleeds, a pin root, and/or a knockdown.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
No.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I really don't want to play a melee Hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Then play the other two specs, if you don't want a pet if that's your only reason not to give it a chance. That's why each class has multiple specs.

As it currently stands combat is the least interesting spec based on the bulk of the comments I've read in this forum, and changing 1 or 2 abilities probably won't fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
@Redon neither of your current specs are combat... :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Then play the other two specs, if you don't want a pet if that's your only reason not to give it a chance. That's why each class has multiple specs.

As it currently stands combat is the least interesting spec based on the bulk of the comments I've read in this forum, and changing 1 or 2 abilities probably won't fix it.

Rogues were not meant to have companions. We'd be very similar to Hunters at that point, so it's an idea that Blizzard will most likely never implement. I agree Combat could use a bit of love, but giving it a pet is not the way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I agree Combat could use a bit of love, but giving it a pet is not the way to go.
I love Combat. I'm currently not using it due to bad luck on PvE weapon drops, and it's inferiority in PvP.
If it had a pet... I would HATE it. As such I would then be forced out of using it forever and would be COMPLETELY stuck with Mut spec as I hate Sub's playstyle.

Neither are yours... does this disqualify your opinion? No and it should also not disqualify his dislike of your suggestion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I don't like playing pet classes, please don't give my favorite class a pet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
This game does not need anymore pets...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
i do not approve of this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Oh I think it's a great idea, but we would need a few other changes. Switch to mail armor because we're already so squishy putting some of our damage into a pet would mean we would lose some melee damage making us vulnerable to melee classes, and then if our damage is going to be in a pet at range then just give us more ranged abilities and let us use bows and guns, might give us some abilities that put things on the ground that do damage when people step on them.

sounds like a fun design I bet blizzard could design a whole class around that.
Edited by Stabetha on 3/18/2013 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Next expansion . . . give combat a wolf companion - like many of the classic rogue/ninja icons of video game history.

The wolf could provide tracking and stealth detection abilities, bleeds, a pin root, and/or a knockdown.

Sounds like a vanilla Surv hunter. Raptor Strike OP.
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue
Probably one of the worst ideas I've heard. This game has enough pets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
One of the draws of combat is being able to use something other then daggers. Adding a pet all the sudden would piss people off.
Reply Quote
Next expansion . . . give combat a wolf companion - like many of the classic rogue/ninja icons of video game history.

Sounds like a vanilla Surv hunter. Raptor Strike OP.

God I loved my vanilla melee hunter. x class thinks he is a badass by closing the gap, BOOM! Raptor Strike crit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Neither are yours... does this disqualify your opinion? No and it should also not disqualify his dislike of your suggestion. [/quote]

Ummm. No. Him saying no to an idea for a spec that he doesn't even play is different than me making a suggestion to improve a spec, so more people actually DO play it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Probably one of the worst ideas I've heard. This game has enough pets.

A lot of players like the idea of pets. And if you don't like it, most classes have at least one spec where you don't have to use it. Giving the option to have one spec with a pet and two without isn't game breaking.

Then again, people will always find stuff to complain about. If the game it too stagnant, people complain. If the game has changes, people complain. If somebody gets nerffed, people complain. If somebody gets buffed people complain....Make LFR --> complain. PvP gear ---> complain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
A Combat Rogue having a pet would be pretty stupid. Go play a pet class, there are lots of them.

Nothing screams "Lone assassin" like carrying around a dog. XD
Edited by Blacksad on 3/18/2013 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
If somebody gets nerffed, people complain. If somebody gets buffed people complain....Make LFR --> complain. PvP gear ---> complain.

Someone gets turned down on one of their stupid opinions ---> Complain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]