combat needs a companion

90 Undead Priest
I could definitely get behind a Raven Pet minor glyph, especially if it could pick up loot for the rogue.

Anything more doesn't seem like a good idea, IMO.
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Rogue
i wouldent mind a bird pet,sits on your shoulder like a pirate
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Would be better suited to a new class I think. Beastmaster was a class like that in eq.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This guy needs to just understand his idea was stupid. No one agrees and you're telling everyone to play a different spec. Every rogue has tried combat some like it some don't. Giving it a pet won't fix it you will still play the same exact way you just now have another source of something doing something on it's own, how in the hell would that change anything? Sorry dude, try harder.
Reply Quote
Thats an adorable idea.

But i doubt Blizz will go anywhere near giving rogues a pet. As people have already mentioned: thats basically the ol' surv spec Hunter.

Besides, I'm sure they'll come up with an even more creative way of making combat more interesting... don't worry :). Thanks for sharing your idea though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So we'd have to either use daggers or let a dog follow us around? No thanks.

I could see it as a glyph for rupture.
Edited by Kaganfindel on 3/19/2013 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Terrible idea.

Having said that, I wish they would make more vanity/battle pets that were invisible to opponents besides Wolpertinger and the Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Terrible idea.

Having said that, I wish they would make more vanity/battle pets that were invisible to opponents besides Wolpertinger and the Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm.
Most Vanity pets are invisible to other players when you're stealthed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Maybe not a companion but rather a shadowy clone of ourself would be pretty cool, like Shadowy Apparition that spriests have.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Terrible idea.

Really!? Awesome.

/harlemshake
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Really!? Awesome.

/harlemshake
There are some that aren't though so you might want to test it out with friends... I can't remember which ones. I believe a lot of the ones acquired through catching them in battles had that problem.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
No.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
03/18/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Locke
Probably one of the worst ideas I've heard. This game has enough pets.

A lot of players like the idea of pets. And if you don't like it, most classes have at least one spec where you don't have to use it. Giving the option to have one spec with a pet and two without isn't game breaking.

Then again, people will always find stuff to complain about. If the game it too stagnant, people complain. If the game has changes, people complain. If somebody gets nerffed, people complain. If somebody gets buffed people complain....Make LFR --> complain. PvP gear ---> complain.

You make the argument that "if you dont like it, then dont play it" a lot. Why dont you just reroll a class that has a pet if you like them so much? Why should rogues get a pretty significant change in structure and playstyle just because YOU cant make a hunter?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]