Legendary Beast daily overtuned

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Currently in order to complete the daily you have to kill 11 beasts across the world for one bag. Now I agree this bag is the only way to get a panda, but I feel that the quest is way too long for the reward considering I can get a bag from one trainer in roughly the same amount of time it takes to kill one of the beasts. Perhaps make it so that the daily only requires killing 3 beasts at random or something along those sorts. I have all the pandas and I would like to do the daily, but I have found myself killing old trainers instead of doing the legendary daily because the daily takes so long.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think "overtuned" is the best word choice for what you're getting at. Saying the rewards don't fit the effort might be more accurate. And I would agree with that. I completed the quest once and was excited to gain access to the dailies. When I saw that the daily was to do ALL OF THEM however, I haven't touched a single one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Mumper said he's aware of people's reaction to having a decent chance to get nothing but greys in that specific bag, and they're working on a hotfix to hopefully make people happy.

I expect them to do a guaranteed stone in each bag or something, just due to the fact an hour for one stone once a day isn't really that OP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
an hour for one stone once a day isn't really that OP

Er, one hour? You can do them all in 30 minutes. A long daily still, but its not an hour.

And yeah I'm assuming it'll be you always get a stone or something.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Er, one hour? You can do them all in 30 minutes. A long daily still, but its not an hour.

How?! The travel distance from Gorespine to Nittun already is like 10-15 minutes.

Creative use of hearthstones helps sure, but you can only do that trick twice if you're finishing the entire thing in 30 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Do them during bg/dungeon/raid ques. I find I have no problems getting them down and they don't feel like wasting my time. Better than sitting in Org waiting for a que to pop.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
30 min daily is fine.

spending 25 min in air, traveling to the corners of pandaria is not
Edited by Tangla on 3/18/2013 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I just weave each one into my already daily circle for tamers.

>>
<<

I miss having dailys to do..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Do them during bg/dungeon/raid ques. I find I have no problems getting them down and they don't feel like wasting my time. Better than sitting in Org waiting for a que to pop.

Indeed, this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Well if that's how you count the daily time; then that's cheating.

It's not like sitting in queue magically moves you around the continent faster either (although it lets you use your hearth more often).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did one the other day and got a hairball and two bandages. No stone, pet, etc. I felt a bit robbed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well if that's how you count the daily time; then that's cheating.

It's not like sitting in queue magically moves you around the continent faster either (although it lets you use your hearth more often).

I'm always in que for pvp. So dailies are something I do in between battles. It's not cheating, it means I feel like I'm doing something better than dailies all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Technically you're minimizing time waiting in queue not daily time.

Besides if you're advocating that everyone spends *even more* time in WoW just so that the daily 'feel's shorter, then there are a couple of things wrong with that.

I would honestly love if someone could clue me in on a way to cut down on the time it takes this daily, but what you and Chorn offer are actually fallacies that don't even work for everyone...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Technically you're minimizing time waiting in queue not daily time.

Besides if you're advocating that everyone spends *even more* time in WoW just so that the daily 'feel's shorter, then there are a couple of things wrong with that.

I would honestly love if someone could clue me in on a way to cut down on the time it takes this daily, but what you and Chorn offer are actually fallacies that don't even work for everyone...

I'm not sure of a way to short down the time otherwise. I've tried several different ways of flying around, none seem to work. I was just offering a way to organize time.

You are right, it's not for everyone and I never said it was. Calm down =p
No reason to put down a persons idea when they are just trying to help.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
so far ive gotten 3-4 pandas and if i dont get a panda i always get a stone. either way sell the panda for 5k each easy money every day
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
so far ive gotten 3-4 pandas and if i dont get a panda i always get a stone. either way sell the panda for 5k each easy money every day

You have gotten lucky, some people have not been so fortunate. That is were a lot of the issues are coming in and have already been commented on by blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
03/18/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Hearus

You have gotten lucky, some people have not been so fortunate. That is were a lot of the issues are coming in and have already been commented on by blizz.

It took me 7 tries to get my 3 other pandas (got the same one twice, but traded for the one I didn't have.)

I didn't get a single stone in the 7 tries. just 3 pandas (good drop rate on pandas)

So, 4 runs with 11g and nothing else to show for my 30-60 mins..... I'd do it daily for a guaranteed stone, though.

Did I mention I haven't touched that daily since getting my last panda? won't do it for the rewards... no exp, not worth the time for a possible stone.
Edited by Picket on 3/18/2013 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I have ran them since about three days after the patch came. I have 2 pandas and 2 stones. Like I said people who think these are raining goodies have just been getting lucky, to the point that even blizz said they are looking into it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I would recommend doing 'rounds' every day. Doing all the pet trainers, all the fabled pets and all the spirit trainers, going around Pandaria, starting in Jade Forest, ending in Vale.

Or at least that's what I do.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The problem is the drop rate for stones and pandas is 'high', but not 'guaranteed'. Since you only get one chance a day so the problem of low-sample size is very evident and since you dont' get some sort of pet currency you can't eventually buy what you need (like how most of the holiday drops work).

My plan when these came out was to do them over several days each; as I *really* didn't want to make the grand tour every day.

In fact, that's what I do with master tamer dailies. I don't do them all every day anymore; only the tamers that are near places I want to quest (or halfhill farm) in anyways.

The other problem with these is even spreading out when I do them; I still have to go to the far corners of Pandaria exclusively for these pets. It's a good thing I'm trying to finish up my Klaxxi rep or I'd hate Gorespine even more than I already do...

Nittun isn't too bad for Horde; since I can take the portal from Shrine of Two Moons -> Org -> Honeydew Village. I'm not sure if the Alliance one gives as much of a shortcut.

Then the Kun-lai goat is pretty far out of the way too, but lately I've been doing him last; so at least I have the 'almost done' motivation there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]