The Forsaken miss Terenas

90 Undead Rogue
See Tweet below:

Q How do the Forsaken regard Terenas? Reverence? Disrespect? His tomb remains after all these years.?

A. I imagine Terenas is viewed as the first victim of his terrible son. Not revered, but missed as an icon of a happier time
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I think this was already kinda known, if Terenas' tomb in Lordaeron is any indication.

But it's good to know that the Forsaken people as a whole (May or may not include Sylvanas, most likely not) remember Terenas fondly and miss him.

It'd be cool if a non-Sylvanas related group of Forsaken united with Terenas as their symbol of inspiration.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep, Kosak finally confirmed that the Forsaken don't revere Terenas.

He's an "icon," but not revered.

Which makes sense considering the Forsaken's continued efforts to destroy his realm and everything he stood for.

And they certainly don't miss him considering their actions indicate the opposite.
Edited by Vyrin on 3/19/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
It'd be cool if a non-Sylvanas related group of Forsaken united with Terenas as their symbol of inspiration.

Quoting myself because I thought of it, it would AWESOME if this were the Forsaken's Priest order. Seeing as we don't see or know anything about the Cult of Forgotten Shadow (Which could still exist), this could be the Forsaken's order surrounding Holy Magic.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Quoting myself because I thought of it, it would AWESOME if this were the Forsaken's Priest order. Seeing as we don't see or know anything about the Cult of Forgotten Shadow (Which could still exist), this could be the Forsaken's order surrounding Holy Magic.

Why would they? They don't revere Terenas. The OP has a dev quote outright saying so.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Why would they? They don't revere Terenas. The OP has a dev quote outright saying so.

He acts as a symbol for the longing of better times, regardless. That Priest order could be just that.
Reply Quote
42 Human Hunter
03/19/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Spacemuffin

He acts as a symbol for the longing of better times, regardless. That Priest order could be just that.

I can see it. Apparently it doesn't take much for the Light to go, "Okay here's some power."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

This was a no brainer, but I would have never guessed that the Forsaken miss him as an Icon especially of happier times. This definitely surpasses Dave's statement about the Forsaken living forever if their bodies are kept in tact"!".

I was already in a good mood now it just got a whole lot better!

Are you ask shocked as me about this new info?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm not saying they would worship or revere Terenas, but they would use him as a symbol of inspiration and hope.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
This was a no brainer, but I would have never guessed that the Forsaken miss him as an Icon especially of happier times. This definitely surpasses Dave's statement about the Forsaken living forever if their bodies are kept in tact"!".

This should be obvious.

"Hey, Forsaken dudes! Given a choice between being alive with Terenas ruling, or being undead and rotting under Sylvanas, which point in history would you prefer?"

This is what we call a "Duh" moment.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin

They don't long for better times though. They've made no effort to recreate any "better times" despite the Argents and Alliance both demonstrating that it's possible. Instead they actively work towards destroying Terenas' realm and everything he stood for.

In the sense that it contradicts well established lore that he himself oversaw, yes.

But they don't miss him. Otherwise they wouldn't be spitting all over his memory with their actions.

Are you ask shocked as me about this new info?

I've been repeatedly explaining to you for years now that the Forsaken don't like Terenas and to have a dev confirm it is nice but not shocking.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not saying they would worship or revere Terenas, but they would use him as a symbol of inspiration and hope.

But they wouldn't, because that would be reverence.

Making him a bloody religious icon is reverence.

If anything this should be reserved for the Alliance. I'd like to see the if the Church of the Holy Light would canonize him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

He's an "icon," but not revered.

Which makes sense considering the Forsaken's continued efforts to destroy his realm and everything he stood for.

And they certainly don't miss him considering their actions indicate the opposite.

I love how you twist every word against your arguments until they've completely imploded against their original meaning.

Also, how could this -

but missed as an icon of a happier time

- possibly mean this?

That's literally the opposite of what he said.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I've been repeatedly explaining to you for years now that the Forsaken don't like Terenas and to have a dev confirm it is nice but not shocking.

I was talking about the fact that they miss King Terenas as an icon. That's shocking and cool.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/19/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Vyrin

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
They don't long for better times though. They've made no effort to recreate any "better times" despite the Argents and Alliance both demonstrating that it's possible. Instead they actively work towards destroying Terenas' realm and everything he stood for.

Actually, I wonder about this. For certain, this is what it looks like on the surface, but I wonder if this isn't an instance of Sylvanas being really, really canny. She knows that her powerbase would disappear if it reconciled with the Alliance. So she pushes things to encourage hatred and fear on both sides, thus cementing her power. There could be a healthy chunk of Forsaken who would want to reconnect with what they were, but can't, due to Sylvanas and others machinations. And most people in this setting being fairly sheeplike, they just go along with it. Only the really strong minded/willed call Sylvanas for what she is and leave.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin

Because what he said is not reconcilable with everything that the Forsaken have done since their creation.

I was talking about the fact that they miss King Terenas as an icon.

They don't though. They seek to eradicate his realm and everything he stood for by their own admission.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because what he said is not reconcilable with everything that the Forsaken have done since their creation.

Terribly sad for you then.

Because even if that were true, he still said it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I was talking about the fact that they miss King Terenas as an icon. That's shocking and cool.

They miss him as an abstract representation of happier times. They don't miss him. It's just "The good old days", back before they were cursed monstrosities.

It has nothing to do with their country, their king, or anything but themselves. They prefer what they were.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
@ Veloran

I imagine Terenas is viewed as the first victim of his terrible son. Not revered, but missed as an icon of a happier time

Bolded for your convenience. They don't revere him. He might by a symbol of Alliance controlled Lordaeron but they've solidly rejected that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]