The Forsaken miss Terenas

25 Blood Elf Paladin
03/21/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
And what did they do there that was so very evil?

Seriously?

They spread into three sovereign territories, murdering everyone they found and torturing the rest to death, completely unprovoked.

and they pushed back 3 armies that were bent on killing them (scarlets, scourge, humans).

Scourge was a non-factor in Cataclysm except in Andorhal, as were the Scarlets.

This "human army" you're talking about was a bunch of farmers desperately trying to hold onto or reclaim their lands after the Forsaken waltzed in and began murdering people.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
While I'm very happy with this new regarding the Forsaken, I'm even more happy getting to see everyone's favorite anti-horde Blood Elf freak out over it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
it is kind of funny how upset and how many pages of hate/anger can be spawned by a tweet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
When the Forsaken are shown having any kind of "humanity" all the Alliance-owns-Lordaeron posters get upset and eventually sweep it under the rug.

It's funny because I rolled Forsaken specifically because I was a huge fan of old Lordaeron and human lore
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
While I'm very happy with this new regarding the Forsaken, I'm even more happy getting to see everyone's favorite anti-horde Blood Elf freak out over it.

Who's freaking out? Cdev confirmed what I've been telling you chuckleheads for a while now, and that is that the Forsaken don't like Terenas.

As for the rest of the quote, it's inconsistent with everything that we've seen about the Forsaken thus far but it's not the first time a dev has tweeted something contradictory.

It's funny because I rolled Forsaken specifically because I was a huge fan of old Lordaeron and human lore

That's strange. It's like rolling a Tauren because you like Draenei lore.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
And the show continues..... /popcorn
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm just saying, rolling a Forsaken because you like Lordaeron lore makes no sense, what with the Forsaken dedicating themselves to eradicating Lordaeron.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I'm just saying, rolling a Forsaken because you like Lordaeron lore makes no sense, what with the Forsaken dedicating themselves to eradicating Lordaeron.

As true as that is now, that isn't something obvious from the outside/surface.
Reply Quote
As true as that is now, that isn't something obvious from the outside/surface.

I read that as, "People don't understand lore".
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I read that as, "People don't understand lore".

I meant it as People don't have a deep and intuitive understanding of the Lore before they start getting into the game/Lore.

Though for a good majority, they never seem to get beyond a very superficial understanding.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I meant it as People don't have a deep and intuitive understanding of the Lore before they start getting into the game/Lore.

Though for a good majority, they never seem to get beyond a very superficial understanding.

The Forsaken are Lordaeron now, even if you go along with Vyrins asinine idea's that they are aliens inhabiting meat puppets, those meat puppets are Lordanian, what is left of it's living body is scattered and nearly destroyed.

They are one and the same, if you like Lordaeron, may as well roll a forsaken because they have inherited it and that's unlikely to change.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
They don't miss being alive. They've outright stated the opposite on occasion.

Only, they do.

Why?

Terenas is viewed as the first victim of his terrible son. Not revered, but missed as an icon of a happier time

Because that.

Or are you saying that you actually know better then the developers now?
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Or are you saying that you actually know better then the developers now?

To be perfectly blunt I think that there are many people on these forums, and not just Alliance posters, who know better than the developers right now. "Kosak said it" doesn't suddenly not make it contradictory to everything that we've seen from the Forsaken since their inception.

Not to mention Kosak qualified it by saying "I imagine." It wasn't an official lore statement by the Cdev team, it was one dude's opinion.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Cdev confirmed what I've been telling you chuckleheads for a while now, and that is that the Forsaken don't like Terenas.

False. At the very least, the Forsaken miss the idea of Terenas. They don't hate the man, but they also don't revere him as some kind of god-like figure. That's it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Not to mention Kosak qualified it by saying "I imagine." It wasn't an official lore statement by the Cdev team, it was one dude's opinion.

Everyone has got one right?

I choose to take his above yours.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
False. At the very least, the Forsaken miss the idea of Terenas. They don't hate the man, but they also don't revere him as some kind of god-like figure. That's it.

He didn't say "god-like figure." He said "revere" which simply means to hold in high regard, and the Forsaken don't hold him in high regard.

And if they missed the "idea" of Terenas they wouldn've have acted the way they've been acting since Warcraft 3. It's as simple as that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/21/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Darethy
if you like Lordaeron, may as well roll a forsaken because they have inherited it and that's unlikely to change.

If you like the lands that used to belong to Lordaeron, then yes, you might as well roll a Forsaken.

If you like the concept of Lordaeron - a human kingdom of Light and justice - then you're better off rolling a human. Stormwind isn't quite as cool as Lordaeron was, but thematically it's the next best thing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
It'd be cool if a non-Sylvanas related group of Forsaken united with Terenas as their symbol of inspiration.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this.

And for the fact the Forsaken miss Terenas as a icon, it makes sense that that would be the case. Terenas ruled Lordaeron for much longer than the Forsaken have existed as an organization. Assuming that the Forsaken do identify as the former living residents of Lordaeron, it is understandable that they would miss the happier times that were the majority of Terenas's reign.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
And for the fact the Forsaken miss Terenas as a icon, it makes sense that that would be the case. Terenas ruled Lordaeron for much longer than the Forsaken have existed as an organization. Assuming that the Forsaken do identify as the former living residents of Lordaeron, it is understandable that they would miss the happier times that were the majority of Terenas's reign.

Not really, because it doesn't make ANY sense considering their actions.

And the Cdev answer says they don't revere Terenas. Yet you're suggesting they put him up as some sort of great, quasi-religious symbol?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
word of god facts dont count... unless you agree with them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]