LFR ToT is fail for loot...

90 Human Warrior
it's all chance. nothing more. yesterday i did the first section, got gold on the 3 reg rolls and rolled 3 bonus times only to get gold and a chest piece.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Got 2 items the first run out of 3 bosses.

RNG is RNG....

For my part, rule of thumb seems to be: Don't use bonus roll, get loot. Use bonus roll, don't get loot.

Makes no sense but that's how it is for me!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
LOL! the whole loot system is a joke. Frankly I prefer old raiding style 1 loot 50 needs. Atleast I have a shot at seeing something drop for my toon. 30g per boss is no excuse, the gear drop rate is far too low for LFR to be any use. Do what EVERYONE Else Does! Grind Profession build your gear and F these jokers scrub drop. Or Get PVP Blues hell of a lot better to go in pvp set than grind a useless pve gear IMO! This game has become pvp set over pve.
Edited by Hitharderr on 3/20/2013 2:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I've stopped playing alt's because lfr loot is too fustrating. I get more loot in our 10 man on my main without doing as many bosses in normal then I do with lfr.

I've resigned to just stick with my raid group on normals, then heroic. Stopped playing alts and trying to play catchup. my server is dead for pugs on alliance side so that's pretty much out of the question for my alt.

even in the new msv/hof/toes increased loot chance, my alt went 14 bosses all with bonus rolls (got lots 22 elder charms from 2 keys on the solo scenario) and ALL GOLD. I had 466/470 ilvl going into the first boss, and after boss 14 (tsu long), all with bonus rolls on the supposed increase drop chance, I just gave up in fustration. My alt is still 466/470 ilvl. Now I gotta wait another week to hope for a small bump on my way towards 480. Kinda sh**ty.
Edited by Cövet on 3/20/2013 3:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Shaman
03/20/2013 02:33 AMPosted by Hitharderr
LOL! the whole loot system is a joke. Frankly I prefer old raiding style 1 loot 50 needs. Atleast I have a shot at seeing something drop for my toon. 30g per boss is no excuse, the gear drop rate is far too low for LFR to be any use. Do what EVERYONE Else Does!

Such impatient people.

Sure, I didn't get anything from the new LFR last week....but then I got three items last night. Two from normal loot and one from a coin roll. Sure that's pretty lucky, but I've also gone weeks without anything dropping for my main in my normal raid. I really haven't noticed a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just go buy valor gear with all that valor you got.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I got a nice weapon, a ring, a cloak and some boots just running the first 2 lfr sections of ToT last night. One was from an extra roll and the boots came from the bag. Thanks, Blizz!

"Napoleon, gimme some of your tots!"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You reap what you sow. The reason we have the current LFR loot system is because of the behavior of many in DS. I'll take the current system any day over losing caster gear to ret pallies and losing the LFR tier token to someone who has heroic tier equipped.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've run the "Last Stand of the Zandalari Raid" twice now. Have won 4 things (two being from bags).

RNG is RNG.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Ran through both LFR queues and used the coins and got nothing from all 6 bosses. I mean this loot system is a joke, coins dont give you an extra shot at loot they just give you gold if you are needing it thats all. Even last week went through the first part of LFR and didnt get a thing. Yea yea ppl are gonna shout the "rng is rng" bs but after doing 6 bosses with 6 extra chances with coins and get nothing is a slap in the face to ppl on blizzards part. They really need to adjust the loot drops to at least 40% chance or more for gear to drop.

QQ more
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It is a fail system DS LFR was better

ROFL... DS LFR loot system was absolutely horrible if you weren't a beggar. This is what I used to hear all the time when I would finally actually win a roll, "You don't need that, give it to me" "I hate you, you slimy POS" and trust me it got much worse than that. The only possible way someone would've enjoyed that system, was if they were the beggar themselves.

Not to mention, it took 23 warmaster kills to even see the shield drop one time. Just so happened, I was the lucky person that won it. These people are QQ'ing because of 1-2 week without drops! LOL, absolutely pathetic.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Mage
03/19/2013 11:59 PMPosted by Voagrius
No they don't you have a flat 15 percent per boss. It does not increase with failed rolls just happens you are thge unluckest person in wow.

This seems to be a false statement. I felt like I got pretty lucky last week on this toon by getting two upgrades from bonus rolls. This week I ran through both LFR's on my alt and got nothing from 6 bosses and 2 bonus rolls. And from hearing from many people who have gotten nothing (some nothing from both weeks plus bonus rolls, making it zero loot from 15 possible attempts) the loot system definitely sucks.

You have a 15 percent drop rate per boss. what part of that is false . If the random number generator rolls a 16-100 you get nothing. The rolls are not affected by each other. Every roll is independent. what that means is you have a 85 percent chance per boss to get nothing.

If you are seriously unlucky you could never get loot. its the nature of the beast.

Normal raids you have roughly 4.76 percent chance of any specific piece of gear will drop . Sha of Fear has 21 items in its loot table. .

LFR you have flat 15 percent chance you will get useful gear. You acualy have more of a chance for loot in LFR then a normal 10 man raid
Edited by Northernlite on 3/20/2013 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
At 15% chance for each roll, there is about a 25% chance to not get anything from 9 rolls. That is like flipping two heads in a row, not that uncommon. With 15 rolls it is a little more unlikely, but you still have about an 8% chance to get nothing. If you ask 15 people, likely at least one of them would not get loot from 15 rolls.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The apologists are failing once again, at thinking. In the Normal Mode system, or the old Raid Finder system, your chance at getting loot is higher, and gets higher the longer the content exists, because people who already have it will pass on it.

Even with the problems in the DS RF, where people would often roll need on whatever they could roll need on, there would still be some people who would pass, increasing your odds.

That discrepancy probably accounts for a lot of the problems now. The method of increasing your chance every time you come up empty is the perfect solution. They need to do it NOW.

Guilds have long had a system for rationalizing loot, which is some form of DKP. Under every version of that system, your chance of getting something increases the longer you go without getting anything.
Edited by Rathlight on 3/20/2013 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
And from hearing from many people who have gotten nothing (some nothing from both weeks plus bonus rolls, making it zero loot from 15 possible attempts) the loot system definitely sucks.

~ 8.7% chance that happens. Not so crazy or broken tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
i have had 18 loot rolls in two weeks at the two new raids. i have received only gold. i am really thinking of finding another game to play. Even if increased chance to get something dont mean that it will be something that you actually need.
Edited by Drakx on 3/20/2013 6:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
18 loot rolls in two weeks at the two new raids

3 Normals, + 3 Tokens. 6 Normals + 3 tokens = 15 Chances. The fact you were able to come up with 3 EXTRA coins should count for something. =]
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
it is random, get over it >.<

it is not supposed to guarantee any loot drops for you, if you get lucky you will get it if not try again next week.

if you were here and reading forums when DS LFR was here then you would understand how much better this new system is compared to the alternative, too much griefing and fights over a simple need>greed system where premades can gear up faster and funel loot to 1 person playing against anyone else that was rolling by a legit upgrade alone..
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I wonder how would 25man raiders would react if they got their loot the same way.

They do. 3-4 pieces of loot drop for 25 people. The difference between Normal and LFR is that LFR doesn't show you what everyone else just got.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The apologists are failing once again, at thinking. In the Normal Mode system, or the old Raid Finder system, your chance at getting loot is higher, and gets higher the longer the content exists, because people who already have it will pass on it.

Even with the problems in the DS RF, where people would often roll need on whatever they could roll need on, there would still be some people who would pass, increasing your odds.

That discrepancy probably accounts for a lot of the problems now. The method of increasing your chance every time you come up empty is the perfect solution. They need to do it NOW.

Guilds have long had a system for rationalizing loot, which is some form of DKP. Under every version of that system, your chance of getting something increases the longer you go without getting anything.

thats what you dont understand, the player factor is actually the worse factor you can have in LFR. ppl fighting each other, coming to forums to complaing that a "derp with low dps" got the item instead of him, that someone else rolled need just to try and sell the item for the group or to trade it for his friend or just cause he doesnt know any better and will probably just end up selling to the npc latter.

this things cause a lot more harm then players being mad against rng and against the game and not against each other. your chance on loot is only higher in the old system if ppl knew how to be good to each other or if you had a group sharing loot to each other.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]