An Old Gods Expansion

90 Draenei Shaman
Since a lot of people like to talk about the Burning Legion Expansion, I'd like to propose a theory on a Old Gods Expansion.

I personally believe we would fight Aszhara in this one. My theory is that she's trying to gain Neptulon's power over the waters of Azeroth, and is working for N'Zoth.

Of course the Twilight's Hammer would have to return for this one. I know, they get reused like no tomorrow (not to mention people might be sick of them from Cata), but I believe that they are a necessary evil for the story as they are the Old God's means of manipulating the mortal races to follow their plans. Who would be the new leader? I don't know, and really don't have a good candidate.

Other bosses during this stage? Other than N'Zoth, also no idea. I remember seeing another thread mentioning Cromaggus (I think that's his name. The five headed dragon that looks like Tiamat), and I think that would be a good idea.

So let's come up with some fun theories shall we? I'm curious to know what you all think/feel about this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Cata was more or less an old god expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Well, yeah, but there are still Old God related threats going on that we need to take care of, Azshara and N'Zoth being one of them.
Reply Quote
no
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
03/20/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Veruu

Well, yeah, but there are still Old God related threats going on that we need to take care of, Azshara and N'Zoth being one of them.
Azshara really deserves her own expansion. As far as N'Zoth... It's hard to really consider him "still a threat that needs to be taken care of," when we know almost nothing about him beyond "he exists." Despite his VERY early name-dropping at BlizzCon, the grand summation of his entire appearance in-game is Warlod Zon'ozz repeatedly invoking his name.
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Hunter
N'zoth,C'thun and Yog'Saaron are the three primary Old Gods that are causing most of the trouble on Azeroth. They're the ones who let Sargeras know of the Well, which led to War of the Ancients, they corrupted Nethlarion(Deathwing and yeah, I misspelt his name) and I believe they were the ones behind the Shattering and the whole End Time prophecy.
Reply Quote
Azshara really deserves her own expansion. As far as N'Zoth... It's hard to really consider him "still a threat that needs to be taken care of," when we know almost nothing about him beyond "he exists." Despite his VERY early name-dropping at BlizzCon, the grand summation of his entire appearance in-game is Warlod Zon'ozz repeatedly invoking his name.

The way I see it an Old God is something that we'll eventually have to take care of sometime down the road simply because it exists. They are simply too powerful to be permanently written off once their existence has been established.

And it's not too difficult to infer he was the force behind a lot of nastiness surrounding the events of Cataclysm. Including, but not limited to, the Emerald Nightmare.

Overall, I don't expect an Old God expansion to be next, even if I do expect it to happen eventually. Unless Blizzard is deliberately misleading us (which I suppose is possible) a Burning Legion expansion is pretty likely at this point.

When the Old Gods do get another expansion, we'll probably see the Naga as major antagonists, as well as a large variety of Old God minions. The Twilight's Hammer may or may not play a major role considering that the Dungeon Journal for the Dragon Soul indicated that we basically obliterated the cult over the course of Cataclysm. The Old Gods will probably have some mortal followers, but they might not make up the bulk of their armies this time around.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
03/20/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Vegdrasil

Well he was behind the corruption of the Emerald Dream.

N'zoth,C'thun and Yog'Saaron are the three primary Old Gods that are causing most of the trouble on Azeroth. They're the ones who let Sargeras know of the Well, which led to War of the Ancients, they corrupted Nethlarion(Deathwing and yeah, I misspelt his name) and I believe they were the ones behind the Shattering and the whole End Time prophecy.

All the Old Gods are causing trouble on Azeroth, just those 3 and the trouble they caused has been shown. Y'shaarj is now showing how it corrupted Pandaria with the Sha so that now makes 4 and we just have 1 left.

Also it was the Highborne and Azshara that attracted Sargeras to Azeroth with their reckless uses of the Well of Eternity.
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Hunter
It's been stated that the Old Gods also had a big hand in manipulating Sargeras into finding out about Azshara and the highbourne misusing the well. Think about it, it would benefit the Old Gods alot more than the legion, if they sucessed in their plan for azeroth(a victory for the Legion would mean they would inadverntly break the chains of the old gods and free them, allowing them to once again rule a chaotic/desolate azeroth)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
It's been stated that the Old Gods also had a big hand in manipulating Sargeras into finding out about Azshara and the highbourne misusing the well. Think about it, it would benefit the Old Gods alot more than the legion, if they sucessed in their plan for azeroth(a victory for the Legion would mean they would inadverntly break the chains of the old gods and free them, allowing them to once again rule a chaotic/desolate azeroth)

That's all speculation and isn't confirmed anywhere though. The Old Gods try and use the Portal Sargeras created to break open their prison and I'm pretty sure that's all we know. It's never been said they had any hand in bringing Sargeras attention to Azeroth though. All we know is Sargeras sensed the Well of Eternity and the ripples it created in the Great Dark Beyond from it's reckless use by the Highborne.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
An old god expansion after the mess that is cata and dealing with remnants of Yshaajr in Pandaria (aka the sha)? TOO SOON EXECUTUS!!

If I am to speculate, Azshara won't be paired with Nzoth. They will appear in the same expansion no doubt, but not intimately connected. It would be like Yogg and Lich King. Around the same place, different threats.

On the other hand Azshara would be better linked with the legion, especially because the tomb of sargeras is out there somewhere.

In any event, an expansion with Azshara would involve southern islands. This means we will see and fight 1) Zul and King R of the Zadalari from their arks, 2) Kul tiras soldiers and probably yet another crazy Proudmoore, 3) remnants of the stormreavers from Guldan's excursion, 4) crazy sentinels and wardens aka Maiev's followers, 5) any local threats where Blizz can cook up.

Woah all of a sudden, lots of non old God enemies!

TLDR: after cata, we won't see another old god theme expansion. They will be around, most likely in patches such as ulduar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
No.

Cataclysm proved Blizzard isn't very good at Old God/Doom stuff.

I mean how can you have an entire year-long story dedicated to a doom cult and not have anyone pipe up and say, "Hey, maybe we should have a message about how awesome everything is when you're not giving into doom all the time!"?

And old gods? Please. Blizzard's writers couldn't hold a candle to Lovecraft's style if they dug up his bones and tried to set them on fire.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I like the idea of the Old Gods continuing to make an appearance in game, though I don't believe an entire expansion should revolve around them considering how ill received that idea was in Cataclysm, though I personally found it to be fantastic. Whether we as simple peons in this World Of Warcraft like it or not, the Old Gods are there and we will have to deal with it.

My proposed idea to 'deal with it' is to integrate them into other expansions. So yes, I'm saying redo it the way they did Wrath of the Lich King.

For example: I've seen a few threads talking about The War in the North involving the Forsaken and Humans/Worgen trying to take the Undercity. Imagine if in the middle of an epic war, the ground beneath the Alliance and Horde crumble as another Old God is awakened from its slumber and is unearthed beneath Trisfal.

I think that sounds epic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]