Pet Avoidance Broken Post 5.2

(Locked)

90 Tauren Hunter
Simple solution, make the passive spell an active spell with a 30 second cooldown. If you want your pet to fight for you, it's your job to maintain it's survivability, adding a skill to manage the pet makes sense imo and removes the trivialization of using pets on mobs with harsh aoe's.

No. This would kill your pet in any pve/pvp situation.
Having to micromanage my pet when trying to solo things is a pain enough. Just revert it and leave it the way it was.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I am sorry, but this is much ado about pretty much nothing. I have done countless dailies, run several raids, killed numerous npc's, and I am sorry OP, but EVERY aoe situation is just false. My pet takes no more damage from boss aoe or random quest npc aoe then it ever did in the past. It has been stated the rares have been affected, and so far, that is all that has been listed. When you have proof otherwise, do step forward. Until then, whatever.
The way it is now is no different than what non hunters have to do. Interrupt, recall pet, scatter shot, and intimidate through the fight. Makes it challenge if you ask me. It's not the typical pew pew and let the pet hold threat , boss dead, repeat for the next rare spawn.
Quality Assurance
We're currently still testing this and are not seeing a broad issue with avoidance. If you are seeing this please screenshot the combat log, note the ability, and submit it.
It should be reducing the damage of all AOE abilities not involved with MOP rares.
90 Pandaren Monk
Not sure if its caused by the change but during my guilds progression on Durumu our lock/mage/hunter kept noticing that their pets would just suddenly fall over and die during that fight.

Edit: I'll double check this tonight when we kill him again.
Edited by Falvar on 3/21/2013 3:12 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We're currently still testing this and are not seeing a broad issue with avoidance. If you are seeing this please screenshot the combat log, note the ability, and submit it.It should be reducing the damage of all AOE abilities not involved with MOP rares.

The continued testing on bosses is nice but you still have not said why something that affects multiple classes was not in the patch notes nor was it addressed for 2 1/2 weeks after the patch came out.

This isn't just a change you can drop on people randomly without receiving a lot of criticism as to why it took 5 1/2 months from the expac coming out to now to make it live. If you felt rares were too easy for pet classes why wasn't in changed in 5.1 or even sooner through a small patch? This isn't something that you just suddenly thought was an issue in 5.2 when you've had almost 6 months beforehand to think about it and see results.

Now if you did the change because you didn't want people soloing warbringers easily then you need to go back and rethink how you design certain classes because I can point you to exactly how easy it is for blood dks to do so. You want people to do warbringers in a group? then change the mechanics of the rares or make them completely unsoloable to all classes.
Edited by Wilhelm on 3/21/2013 3:21 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Numerous things get left out of patch notes and there has been numerous blue posts regarding this. QQ so you cant faceroll anymore! Adapt or reroll that is all.

Numerous things do get left out of patch notes, major class changes that effect a certain aspect of play for multiple classes do not however and even the few that do get more of a response than "adapt or just stop killing those kinds of mobs" like has been said by critho on the first page(if you read anything other than that from his post i'd like to know exactly what you read from it).

Expecting people to adapt is one thing when a change is known ahead of time, expecting people to adapt when a change is thrown at you without any kind of information is another thing.
Edited by Wilhelm on 3/21/2013 3:40 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
There was nothing about this in the patch notes. This was NOT intended, so don't try to pretend that it was.

Furthermore, how do you explain this happening on dungeon and raid bosses? Is Blizzard trying to push Hunters out of raiding?

LOL. I know I'm just picking out one part of a post on a real issue, but this is just too funny.

Yes, Blizzard is trying to push hunters out of raiding, that's exactly right. They want all you hunters to be the only class in the game that can't raid *rolls eyes*
90 Blood Elf Hunter
There's nothing in the patch notes about anything you just said; it is completely unintended and we have heard nothing from Blizzard about it.

These creatures have not been buffed; Avoidance is bugged. How do you explain pets dying to boss AoE in one hit? Are you trying to tell me that Blizzard doesn't want Hunters to raid anymore?

Still waiting for a response from Blizzard.

Go troll somewhere else.

This issue has been on the forums for ages, the Blues haven't answered the last 5+ threads (mine included) regarding pet avoidance, there was a question asked if it was just direhorns or all pet families, no further information was given.
90 Troll Hunter
Yes, Blizzard is trying to push hunters out of raiding, that's exactly right. They want all you hunters to be the only class in the game that can't raid *rolls eyes*
Correction. They're trying to push BM Hunters out of raiding :)
90 Orc Warlock
03/21/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Katlamos

Not trying to be rude but I don't know how nerfing pet avoidance is trying to push BM outta raiding. You're pet shouldn't be tanking unless it's spec'd for tenacity and even then it shouldn't be a god among npcs.

Frankly put you just need to learn to play and not let your pet play for you. If you don't like it re-roll spec or class. Otherwise just deal with it. Everyone expected something like this to happen.
71 Blood Elf Mage
Numerous things get left out of patch notes and there has been numerous blue posts regarding this. QQ so you cant faceroll anymore! Adapt or reroll that is all.

Numerous blue posts? You mean the three in this thread? Because that's all there have been.
90 Gnome Rogue
If this was an intended change it was not well thought out and it was lazy.

For Skymirror her abilities are on a shorter cooldown than hunter interupts. As soon as you pull your pet out she two shots you.
85 Night Elf Monk
I just went and tested a few things on my hunter.

First of all, I can confirm that Avoidance seems to still be working. I went and took out some of the gorillas in the Jade Forest. Their "thunderstomps" would hit me for about 8k, and would only hit my pet for about 800.

Cool, I thought. Maybe there is nothing to this after all. So I went and tested against a Pandaren rare. Confirmed; their Spinning Crane Kick murdered my pet. Avoidance is no longer working against them.

But then I thought about what the Blue said. How many rares did this change affect?

I went and tested on a melee Mogu. Interestingly enough, Avoidance WORKED against their Devastating Arc.

So even though Avoidance DOES seem to be working correctly, why does the change to Pandaria rares only effect SOME of them instead of ALL of them. Doesn't having Avoidance trivialize the melee Mogu rares in much the same way it did against the Pandaren rares?

Why were some mobs chosen and some mobs weren't? The tooltip in my spellbook doesn't seem to discriminate against ANY creatures.

Why was this change necessary, 5 1/2 months after launch? If having Avoidance on some mobs was so "trivializing," why wasn't it hotfixed sooner?

If this change had been reflected in the patch notes, I'm sure there wouldn't be all the commotion about it. And, of course, it would have helped to be clear about EXACTLY which mobs this change affected.

I'm sure that if Blizzard had been SPECIFIC about which mobs this change was going to affect, we wouldn't have hunters here saying that it's affecting EVERYTHING and getting hysterical.
90 Tauren Druid
03/21/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Lyndoria

Not trying to be rude but I don't know how nerfing pet avoidance is trying to push BM outta raiding. You're pet shouldn't be tanking unless it's spec'd for tenacity and even then it shouldn't be a god among npcs.

Frankly put you just need to learn to play and not let your pet play for you. If you don't like it re-roll spec or class. Otherwise just deal with it. Everyone expected something like this to happen.

Everybody expected pet classes to lose a chunk of their DPS because of their pets dying all the time? Pets aren't there to just look pretty; classes that have pets were built around having said pets. I would think a Warlock, because you are a pet class, would understand that.

If an MMO company, such as Blizzard, makes a change that causes someone to re-roll, then it's a poorly-made change and was a lazy design choice.
90 Troll Hunter
Not trying to be rude but I don't know how nerfing pet avoidance is trying to push BM outta raiding
Twas a joke. BM hunters rely on their pet for dps and damage output more then the other two specs, so if our pets are down for the count we be screwed in a fight.

I always forgot humor and sarcasm have no place on srs bsns b.net forums. Trust me, I know the ins and outs of my chosen spec for both raiding and soloing. I was just trying (and failing, I guess) to throw in some humor into the idea that blizz is trying to push a class from raiding.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]