Even Giants Fall

90 Worgen Death Knight
Dear Blizzard,

Please don't give us solo quests that require us to dispel a mini-boss. Some of us cannot dispel. Additionally, the healing that Guardian Tak'u does is un-interruptible. He healed 8 or 9 times when I fought him, and only managed to kill him when another person came up and helped dps. If you want to do something like this, make it a group quest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree-I did some more research and discovered that you have to kill only certain magic using trolls. Look for one that gives some buff called hydra; kill that one and it can't heal it. I was having the same difficulties and plan on trying to apply this new found knowledge to see if it works. Best of luck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Good tip. Killed Hydra Priest and soloed as disc priest. You can kite him around just outside perimeter walls to avoid his spells if needed.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
03/20/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Murrdock
Some of us cannot dispel.

Glyph of Icy Touch is useful; I'd suggest fitting it in when you need to dispel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I killed the hydra priest and he still had the buff. Fortunately there were other players there and we were able to down him. But it was a pain.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Ridiculous solo quest. I've flushed things I've liked more than this quest. Whoever came up with this quest needs to double their brain size to acquire the intellect needed to breathe in and out in sequence. In case it's not apparent, I believe to the core of my soul that this is a ridiculous quest. Any questions? See above.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Huh. I never dispelled anything when I did this quest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If you kill the hydra priest before Tak'u activates he won't have the buff and won't need dispelling, but yes this is a rather tough solo quest. On my DK I still cannot do this quest (cannot dps down the priests fast enough and even without Hydra, he will crush me too fast) even though I can do all the other IoT dailies with ease (including beating Mono Han and the flesh guy).

Really this quest is not terribly easy until you are LFR ToT geared at least.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]